SiouxSports.com Forum

Expectations For Next Year

geaux_sioux

I expect Murphy to continue to play like he did when he got back into the lineup at the end of the season.  I'm predicting 11 goals for him next year.

I don't know about 11 goals, but I agree with this too.  I really liked the way Murphy played these last few games.  I expect he is going to get consistent ice time this next season.

By the way, and I know I'm changing the subject here a bit, but did anyone else go "wut?" when Melrose picked Murphy as his "impact" player or "player to watch" or whatever it was for UND during the pregame?

Edit: Ahh, I see siouxstudent saw that as well.

I don't know about 11 goals, but I agree with this too.  I really liked the way Murphy played these last few games.  I expect he is going to get consistent ice time this next season.

By the way, and I know I'm changing the subject here a bit, but did anyone else go "wut?" when Melrose picked Murphy as his "impact" player or "player to watch" or whatever it was for UND during the pregame?

Edit: Ahh, I see siouxstudent saw that as well.

Not very often you have a guy without a goal highlighted like that. Was very odd, could have made a case for 8-9 other guys on our team there. ESPN must have read all the hype on the site here lol.

Leaman also had a pretty good game plan too and his boys came ready to play

Well, of course that's it. If the team wins, the coach "got his boys ready to play." If the team loses, he's an unprepared schmuck.

You're so brilliant, gfhockey. It's unfortunate most of us just don't see it.

Well, of course that's it. If the team wins, the coach "got his boys ready to play." If the team loses, he's an unprepared schmuck.

You're so brilliant, gfhockey. It's unfortunate most of us just don't see it.

Exactly, all on the Providence coach. The comeback had ZERO to do with the BU goalie scoring on himself. That was a complete not factor. All about the boys being prepared.

I had plans and wasn't able to watch the game. What was Providence's game plan?

Breaking news:

Nate Leaman just held a press conference and announced that the Friars worked all day Friday on fluky dump-ins from center ice that would make O'Connor nervous enough to toss the puck into his own net during crunch-time in the game.

The man's a genius...

Breaking news:

Nate Leaman just held a press conference and announced that the Friars worked all day Friday on fluky dump-ins from center ice that would make O'Connor nervous enough to toss the puck into his own net during crunch-time in the game.

The man's a genius...

Kinda makes me wonder how much Robbie Bina practiced that 180 foot 2-bounce shot on the PK.

I expect that if we don't win the national championship next year Pitchfork Nation will rise up and rehash all the same arguments that have been shared over the past 5 years questioning the intelligence, knowledge and dedication of everyone associated with the hockey program. 

• Upvote 1

Breaking news:

The man's a genius...

Parisi's a finisher. Providence has finishers. :/

Providence had I believe 11 seniors in the line-up against a team dominated by freshmen and sophomores. Which one wilted under pressure in the last 8-9 minutes of the game?

Not too mention Gillies was the best goalie of the FF. O'Conner was a train-wreck and Zano played below average. One constant seems to be if a goalie doesn't play well, your done! There have been instances of goalies playing extremely well and still losing, but usually if a goaltender struggles, the team loses. Our recent history in the Frozen Four has painfully shown this to be true!

I expect UND to compete for the NCHC regular season, NCHC tournament, and National Title every year.

Looking at how I think the NCHC regular season might go.

1. Duluth

2. North Dakota

3. Miami

4. Denver

5. Omaha

6. St. Cloud

7. Western Michigan

8. Colorado College

Duluth will have two very good goalies in Kaskisuo and incoming freshmen Hunter Miska. I think it will come down to goaltending for Duluth to win the regular season.

I believe North Dakota can win back-to-back Penrose Cups, I can also see them finishing third in the league. 

Miami will depend on how good their goaltenders play on where they finish in the league.

Denver, Omaha, and St. Cloud I see battling for the final home playoff spot, and any of them getting it. Denver has the advantage in goaltending over Omaha and St. Cloud. Offensively all three are about even.

Western Michigan will be a tough team to play against like they are every year, I just don't see them finishing higher then 7th.

Colorado College is on the 4 year plan. I do think they will show some improvement next year, but it wont be enough to get out of 8th in the league.  

I expect UND to compete for the NCHC regular season, NCHC tournament, and National Title every year.

Looking at how I think the NCHC regular season might go.

1. Duluth

2. North Dakota

3. Miami

4. Denver

5. Omaha

6. St. Cloud

7. Western Michigan

8. Colorado College

Duluth will have two very good goalies in Kaskisuo and incoming freshmen Hunter Miska. I think it will come down to goaltending for Duluth to win the regular season.

I believe North Dakota can win back-to-back Penrose Cups, I can also see them finishing third in the league. 

Miami will depend on how good their goaltenders play on where they finish in the league.

Denver, Omaha, and St. Cloud I see battling for the final home playoff spot, and any of them getting it. Denver has the advantage in goaltending over Omaha and St. Cloud. Offensively all three are about even.

Western Michigan will be a tough team to play against like they are every year, I just don't see them finishing higher then 7th.

Colorado College is on the 4 year plan. I do think they will show some improvement next year, but it wont be enough to get out of 8th in the league.  

I would flip Omaha and Miami. Omaha was a young team this year that proved they can play.

• Upvote 1

I think the goaltending is better on Miami then Omaha, If Massa didn't burn his redshirt his junior year I'd pick Omaha to win the league.

Agreed, goaltending is a questionmark without Massa, but we'll see. I'm hoping UND ends up surprising a bit. I could see us slipping to 2nd or even 3rd, especially if we lose Zane, but if our Freshman click, we cold run away with the league too. I guess we'll see, already looking forward to College Hockey season. 

I had plans and wasn't able to watch the game. What was Providence's game plan?

gfhockey, this was in response to yourpost saying Providence's coach had a good game plan. Since you are an expert I was curious if you would tell us what that game plan was.

Chirp chirp chirp....