SiouxSports.com Forum

Tourny Selection Gameday Thread

geaux_sioux

I think if we are going to win this our blue line is going to have to step up.  If they're good we're the toughest out in the tournament.  If they play like they did this weekend we might not get by Quinnipiac.  Blue line needs to win it for us this weekend.  Zane needs to win it for us in Boston.

I'm pleased with how our regional ended up but St. Cloud scares me.

St. Cloud has to beat a really good Tech team. Good goalie and tough defensively. Kero is a stud. That being said, I think they will.

In regards to a potential UND/SCSU match up, I think the Huskies are good, but they didn't do anything spectacular against us all year or this weekend. They played a helluva trap game against us on Friday. If we can make a couple adjustments on that and get deep and grind a less than physical D-corps down, we should be able to have success. We didn't do that on Friday, but have every bit of the ability to do it. Outside of a bad 30 seconds in the first, we played fine against them.

All that said, first step, gotta find the fire we had all year and beat the Bobcats.

Anybody find what the television schedule is for the finals?

NE 4:30 Sat.

West 8:00 Sat.

East 4:00 Sun.

MW 6:30 Sun.

Full TV Schedule

FRIDAY central times

Boston U. vs. Yale 1:00 ESPNU

Michigan Tech vs. St. Cloud 3:30 ESPN3

Duluth vs. Minnesota 4:30 ESPNU

UND vs. Quinnipiac 7:00 ESPNU

SATURDAY central times

Denver vs. Boston College 2:00 ESPN 2

Mankato vs. RIT 3:00 ESPNU

BU/Yale vs. Duluth/Minnesota 4:30 ESPN2

Miami vs. Providence 5:30 ESPNU

Omaha vs. Harvard 6:30 ESPN 3

UND/Quinnipiac vs. Michigan Tech/St. Cloud 8:00 ESPNU

SUNDAY central times

Miami/Providence vs. Denver/Boston College 4:00 ESPNU

Mankato/RIT vs. Omaha/Harvard 6:30 ESPNU

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/page/15frozenfoursked/2015-ncaa-men-hockey-tournament-schedule-results

His numbers are pretty comparable to Zane's.

Zane - 2.05 GAA 92.9% in 39 games.

Michael Gartieg - 2.00 GAA 91.8% in 35 games.

Sam Anas is probably there best player but Bucci said he was questionable for the game. Matthew Peca and Landon Smith are also pretty good but don't think they have too much after that. Don't quite know if they have the depth at D that can hang with is either.

I've seen QU play a few times. I don't think their goalie is exactly what I would call a "hot goalie." But I don't think he's a slouch either. I'm just not sure if he's a product of playing on a good team or not. 

I would have been more concerned if they would have given us Yale. Their goalie would concern me. 

I've seen QU play a few times. I don't think their goalie is exactly what I would call a "hot goalie." But I don't think he's a slouch either. I'm just not sure if he's a product of playing on a good team or not. 

I would have been more concerned if they would have given us Yale. Their goalie would concern me. 

Would have been a matchup of former Section 8A goalies if that was the case. I saw a lot of Alex Lyon in high school at Lake of the Woods and I agree he is definitely the type of goalie that could keep Yale in it against BU.

Full TV Schedule

FRIDAY central times

Boston U. vs. Yale 1:00 ESPNU

Michigan Tech vs. St. Cloud 3:30 ESPN3

Duluth vs. Minnesota 4:30 ESPNU

UND vs. Quinnipiac 7:00 ESPNU

SATURDAY central times

Denver vs. Boston College 2:00 ESPN 2

Mankato vs. RIT 3:00 ESPNU

BU/Yale vs. Duluth/Minnesota 4:30 ESPN2

Miami vs. Providence 5:30 ESPNU

Omaha vs. Harvard 6:30 ESPN 3

UND/Quinnipiac vs. Michigan Tech/St. Cloud 8:00 ESPNU

SUNDAY central times

Miami/Providence vs. Denver/Boston College 4:00 ESPNU

Mankato/RIT vs. Omaha/Harvard 6:30 ESPNU

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/page/15frozenfoursked/2015-ncaa-men-hockey-tournament-schedule-results

I am freaking out a bit...same station, 2.5 hours between start of Gophers and start of Sioux...that leaves no room for error and no room for OT...

We might get stuck watching the end of a Gopher-Bulldog tilt and missing the first period of UND...

I am freaking out a bit...same station, 2.5 hours between start of Gophers and start of Sioux...that leaves no room for error and no room for OT...

We might get stuck watching the end of a Gopher-Bulldog tilt and missing the first period of UND...

Bank on it. But at least it's not Lacrosse.

• Upvote 1

What are the chances of the other 3 teams using all of their 400 tickets? I'm sure Quinippiac won't. 

TICKET INFO:

At this time, tickets to the West Regional are sold out. Should tickets currently being held for various groups per NCAA bid specifications become available, those tickets will go on sale to the general public in person only at the SCHEELS Arena Box office on Thursday, March 26 at 9 a.m. UND Athletics will make an official announcement the afternoon of Wednesday, March 25 on UNDsports.com and official social media outlets if tickets will be made available.