SiouxSports.com Forum

Tourny Selection Gameday Thread

geaux_sioux

@NCAAIceHockey: East Regional in Providence

March 28

@DU_Hockey vs. @BCHockeyNews - 3 p.m. - ESPN2

@MiamiOH_Hockey vs. @FriarsHockey - 6:30 p.m. - ESPNU

BC may get to stay home, but whoever comes out of that region will have earned it.

Even though Providence is a lower seed, Miami gets hosed playing them in their backyard.

A little surprised they avoided all NCHC first round match ups.  No one would have blamed them with 6 teams in the tourney.

Crazy how difficult some of these regionals look.

Like the draw we got and that we play the late game. My predictions were pretty close just had Minnesota in South Bend, BC in Manchester, and Harvard in Providence. With the other moves the committee made I don't get why they didn't also swap Minnesota with Harvard.

idk how i feel about playing quinnipiac don't they have a pretty good goaltender

His numbers are pretty comparable to Zane's.

Zane - 2.05 GAA 92.9% in 39 games.

Michael Gartieg - 2.00 GAA 91.8% in 35 games.

Sam Anas is probably there best player but Bucci said he was questionable for the game. Matthew Peca and Landon Smith are also pretty good but don't think they have too much after that. Don't quite know if they have the depth at D that can hang with is either.

With the other moves the committee made I don't get why they didn't also swap Minnesota with Harvard.

Agree. That single difference from what they did could have significantly helped attendance in South Bend (and saved HU a flight; UMTC was flying either way).