SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. CC - Game 1

AZSIOUX

I'm laughing pretty hard how worried people are on this site.  I don't usually post, but read regularly. I don't care who is out, if UND can't handle CC even shorthanded, we don't deserve the number one seed.  Relax and enjoy the show! 

I'd really like to see what Chyzyc could do with Jewels and N. Schmaltz but i spose Pooly can open up space for them. Not sure i like pattyn on that line. I almost think they should switch Pattyn and Chyzyk.

GO SIOUX!!!

I was thinking the same thing and the same thing. Ha... (Re why they have Pooley with them.). Every line has a physical guy. The one area this team is a little weaker than some is time of possesion.

The funny thing is they are pretty good at it when the defensemen are pinching. Yet I notice that they don't pinch later in the game when we are ahead. Instead they play it conservative and back out of the offensive zone and into the neutral ice when the puck is loose..The problem here is it puts us on our heals and makes us have to play in our zone while trying to protect a lead...

Also regarding Chyzyk I think the one guy that we need to get more into dynamic situations is Chyzyk...

I am excited about Johnson as he has been playing better recently. I was very impressed with his play last weekend.

Schmaltz too. He is getting more dynamic each week...

In the end I think that our defensemen need to take over and start really setting the pace from the blue line...

I'm laughing pretty hard how worried people are on this site. I don't usually post, but read regularly. I don't care who is out, if UND can't handle CC even shorthanded, we don't deserve the number one seed. Relax and enjoy the show!

Who said they were worried? Everyone has their opinion on who they think should play and where.

Thanks for coming to the site and reassuring all us weak-minded and worrisome regular posters that CC is a complete walkover. Without your guidance, I doubt any of us woulda made it through these tribulant times, oh omniscient one. :)

We get hurt defensively when we get caught in transition.  Our D men do well when they have established their defensive zone, and they have been doing pretty well going forward on attack.  On a quick turn over, we get butt hurt.

Having said that, our D looks pretty good right now, all-in-all.

We get hurt defensively when we get caught in transition. Our D men do well when they have established their defensive zone, and they have been doing pretty well going forward on attack. On a quick turn over, we get butt hurt.

Having said that, our D looks pretty good right now, all-in-all.

Agreed with all points. I don't forsee it being a huge problem against CC whom we have more team speed than. But, this was evident against Miami. Not a fatal flaw as we don't get beat a lot, but certainly one to be aware of.

Hey I appreciate the condescending attitude and warm welcome.  First Sioux game as a student in 1980 at the old Ralph.  I've been through 5 Banners and remember the BC debacle as if it were yesterday.  I still remember Braten's goal in 1980.  The Sioux are my favorite team and who is ever playing Minnesota is my second favorite.   I would rather see the Gophers lose than the Sioux win and I live in the heart of gopher country.   I personally enjoy your opinions on putting lines together and I'm sure Hax, will refer to them in the next few minutes.  I think I could fit in if I want.  :)

Hey I appreciate the condescending attitude and warm welcome.  First Sioux game as a student in 1980 at the old Ralph.  I've been through 5 Banners and remember the BC debacle as if it were yesterday.  I still remember Braten's goal in 1980.  The Sioux are my favorite team and who is ever playing Minnesota is my second favorite.   I would rather see the Gophers lose than the Sioux win and I live in the heart of gopher country.   I personally enjoy your opinions on putting lines together and I'm sure Hax, will refer to them in the next few minutes.  I think I could fit in if I want.  :)

It's all part of the fun buddy....chill out.

I'm laughing pretty hard how worried people are on this site. I don't usually post, but read regularly. I don't care who is out, if UND can't handle CC even shorthanded, we don't deserve the number one seed. Relax and enjoy the show!

Always great to see some fresh faces on the board. Welcome!