SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. CC - Game 1

AZSIOUX

IT'S PLAYOFF TIME

http://daddydumpandchase.blogspot.com/2015/03/friday-gameday-its-hard-to-end.html

5-1 tonight. We show why we're the No. 1 seed.

Drake, Nick S., Mattson, Gaardy, Parksy

Don't worry... DDC can handle the predictions from here on out ;) .... Good win, boys. Nothing like a blowout to boost a little confidence. Time to end their season tomorrow. Leave no doubt.

Thought we came out kinda flat and got off to a slow start but definitely got better as the game went on. The d-men were very active and got better at dealing with the CC trap as the game went on. The Gaarder line continues to be very good and the Simonson line had a nice night tonight as well. Really liked Luke Johnson's game tonight creating chances for himself as well as his teammates. Glad to see Nick and Drake on the same line tonight and they looked good, looked like Hak moved Parks to that line for at least the last half of the 3rd so it will be interesting to see if he goes with the same combos he ended with tonight or decides to go back to the lines that he started with tonight.

Thought we came out kinda flat and got off to a slow start but definitely got better as the game went on. The d-men were very active and got better at dealing with the CC trap as the game went on. The Gaarder line continues to be very good and the Simonson line had a nice night tonight as well. Really liked Luke Johnson's game tonight creating chances for himself as well as his teammates. Glad to see Nick and Drake on the same line tonight and they looked good, looked like Hak moved Parks to that line for at least the last half of the 3rd so it will be interesting to see if he goes with the same combos he ended with tonight or decides to go back to the lines that he started with tonight.

Yes! The Parks, Nick and Drake group was very good once the got together. I'll bet that's the top line tomorrow.

Thought we came out kinda flat and got off to a slow start but definitely got better as the game went on. The d-men were very active and got better at dealing with the CC trap as the game went on. The Gaarder line continues to be very good and the Simonson line had a nice night tonight as well. Really liked Luke Johnson's game tonight creating chances for himself as well as his teammates. Glad to see Nick and Drake on the same line tonight and they looked good, looked like Hak moved Parks to that line for at least the last half of the 3rd so it will be interesting to see if he goes with the same combos he ended with tonight or decides to go back to the lines that he started with tonight.

Agreed, best game I've seen out of LJ in a while, and I didn't even see once of his patented whifs tonight. Had good shots and created good opportunities. The kid could still have a great UND career if he keeps it up; playoff time is a good time to pick up your game. Go Sioux!

The Parks, Nick and Drake group was very good once the got together. I'll bet that's the top line tomorrow.

I would have to agree with this. OD's line as is.

I liked 10 w 29 but not sold on 11. If Colton can go IMO he plays for Olson. That leaves Pattyn, Poolman and LJ. So if I'm setting the lineup my last 2 lines are Poolman, Chyzyk and Simo. with Colton LJ Pattyn.

I liked 10 w 29 but not sold on 11. If Colton can go IMO he plays for Olson. That leaves Pattyn, Poolman and LJ. So if I'm setting the lineup my last 2 lines are Poolman, Chyzyk and Simo. with Colton LJ Pattyn.

I'm fine with this

5 was outstanding, 2 was his usual rock solid self but 4 had a rough night. Overall the D corps is probably the best 6 UND has had in a long time...and that's w Poolman playing up front.

I liked the lines more when Parks moved to Schmaltz's line.  Typically I don't like to put all your eggs in one basket at 5x5 but with the 3rd and 4th lines playing so well why not.  Even after the switch I noticed the Poolman-LJ-Pattyn line a ton more.  I agree I really liked the Simo line....even Chyzk looked like his old self.  11 was definitely rusty at the beginning of the game but I truly believe these are the types of game he needs.  I just needs time.  He's young and hasn't played forever.  At least Simo was skating when he wasn't playing.  That mono crap can linger forever.  Either way I was very impressed with the hustle of that 4th line and would like to keep 11 on that line given his size.  Now if he doesn't pick it up tonight or early next week I would think about getting St. Clair back in there.  Olsen was a good player in the USHL.

5 was outstanding, 2 was his usual rock solid self but 4 had a rough night. Overall the D corps is probably the best 6 UND has had in a long time...and that's w Poolman playing up front.

5 was outstanding last night, easily top 1-2 player on the ice last night.  4 had that rough of a game to get called out huh? Might have to rematch the condensed game.

The lines that finished the game are the lines that should start tonight. I agree that Poolman with LJ/Pattyn was far more effective than with Caggiula/Schmaltz. You simply can't go wrong when the 3rd and 4th lines play as well as they have for UND. I would argue that Gaarder/O'Donnell/Poganski is our top line right now. 

Who said they were worried? Everyone has their opinion on who they think should play and where.

Thanks for coming to the site and reassuring all us weak-minded and worrisome regular posters that CC is a complete walkover. Without your guidance, I doubt any of us woulda made it through these tribulant times, oh omniscient one. :)