SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

12 minutes ago, HockeyFan31 said:

I've always liked Dozier, I think he's a good teammate and clubhouse guy, but hearing rumors about him not being happy with the organization for selling right now....:silly:

Try hitting over .250 on the year and maybe your team wouldn't be selling, Brian.

and beating the non-Cleveland teams in the division would have helped (7-3 verses Cleveland verses 13-14 in the rest of the division)

and Polanco not getting popped for PEDs would have helped

and Sano keeping his conditioning would have helped

and Erv coming back in May like they were told would have helped

and Buxton not breaking his wrist and not flailing with the bat would have helped.

18 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

and beating the non-Cleveland teams in the division would have helped (7-3 verses Cleveland verses 13-14 in the rest of the division)

and Polanco not getting popped for PEDs would have helped

and Sano keeping his conditioning would have helped

and Erv coming back in May like they were told would have helped

and Buxton not breaking his wrist and not flailing with the bat would have helped.

Agreed on all of those things. I don't mean to point the finger at only Brian but he is the one that seems to be talking about it the most.

The Twins traded second baseman Brian Dozier to the Dodgers on Tuesday in a deadline-beating deal that gives Los Angeles a major boost in their pennant race and marks the end of a whirlwind of trade activity for Minnesota in a disappointing season.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, sioux rube said:

The Twins traded second baseman Brian Dozier to the Dodgers on Tuesday in a deadline-beating deal that gives Los Angeles a major boost in their pennant race and marks the end of a whirlwind of trade activity for Minnesota in a disappointing season.

It truly is disappointing, I thought they had something together that, if Cleveland did stumble, they could take the division or at worse win a few more games.

Now they have to look at it and think "okay, now what?" How much do you retool this thing. I guess the one good thing about the moves they made in the offseason was that they weren't any long-term sunken cost moves minus Reed.

I don't think Escobar or Dozier resign with the club in the offseason and honestly I don't think that is a bad thing if they don't.  

16 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

They desperately need Lewis and Gordon to pan out in the coming years.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Sano and Buxton.  So much talent if they could stay in shape/stay healthy/learn to deal with a curve ball down and away.

I have more belief in Sano than I do in Buxton.  At some point, they need to tell Buxton:  Sink or swin.  

On 8/4/2018 at 4:34 PM, jdub27 said:

Injuries are a concern but pretty early to be writing him off as a bust.

Hope I’m wrong but once again he looked lost at the plate again when he did play this season. His defense is elite though obviously 

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Hope I’m wrong but once again he looked lost at the plate again when he did play this season. His defense is elite though obviously 

Because of his injuries, it's tough to tell what the actual struggle is. He only needs to be an average hitter in order to be a very valuable player. He still has a few years to figure out it, hopefully he can before his speed starts declining.

The tough part with Buxton is we've seen a couple September flashes. Is that all they were though, flashes? Flashes against some other non-contending teams trotting out some young guys trying to get big league experience? I'm too lazy to look back but I'd imagine that is part of why Buxton has looked good in September previously. Or is it more than a flash? Can he get healthy and put together a consistent defensive and offensive season?

As others have noted, his defense is elite. But so far Cave seems to be a suitable defensive replacement. No, he 's no Buxton, but he's suitable, and he seems to have a little more pop offensively. I'm sure some analytics guru can tell me that's completely false, but that's just the feeling I get from watching the team for the better part of the season.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Buxton is fast and is good in the outfield.  but he can't hit major league pitching.  Until he proves otherwise at the Major League level, He will be considered a bust.

Boston’s Jackie Bradley Jr is elite defensively and is only batting .212.  Buxton should be able to hit at least that.

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

The Oakland Athletics have acquired closer Fernando Rodneyfrom the Minnesota Twins in exchange for minor league righty Dakota Chalmers, the team announced Thursday.

The A's also threw in a used fungo bat. :)

• Upvote 2