SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

16 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I thought a couple years ago the White Sox were an up and coming team. I’m having my doubts :D

We think things are going awfully in Minnesota, and the Sox show up and say "hold my beer". 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I thought a couple years ago the White Sox were an up and coming team. I’m having my doubts :D

That's because they were. If anybody needs a how to on how to not run a franchise, look nowhere else.

Hey!  A 5 game streak with no Correa, Royce, Duran, and Pablo hasn't pitched overly great.

Rocco letting Ober go into the 8th inning surprised me, but love seeing the starters get more leash so the bullpen doesn't get destroyed on the nightly.  

The crazy part is that now they've got their bullpen in order with Duran coming back.  And innings 7-9 should be accounted for in tight ball games.  The starting pitcher just gets it to the 6th at the least in a tie or with a lead and you should be able to take most games to the end.  You've got bridge guys too like Sands, Funderburk, Jackson, Okert, with Bowman getting the DFA or assignment.

Maybe a return of Varland to the bullpen if he can't get starting figured out. 

2 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Now MIDCO doesn't have Balley Sports. notification on the screen says Balley is going through bankruptcy proceedings and has declined numerous options to allow MIDCO to air their contents. WTF?

https://www.keloland.com/keloland-com-original/midco-bally-sports-disagreement-leaves-minnesota-twins-off-air/ 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The Twins had every opportunity and heads up to come up with a streaming service like the Diamondbacks.  I'll pay $99.99 for a season of only Twins games.  Sixty cents per game, I'm sure a number of fans would do the same.  

1 hour ago, Sodbuster said:

Now MIDCO doesn't have Balley Sports. notification on the screen says Balley is going through bankruptcy proceedings and has declined numerous options to allow MIDCO to air their contents. WTF?

This isn’t just a Midco thing— this also is a Comcast/Xfinity deal as reported yesterday, effecting viewers in the Twin Cities, and other teams & their markets as well, like the Tigers & Braves.   The fact that Bally/Diamond Sports are going through a bankruptcy, there was always a chance that this was going to happen. 

The Twins chose to continue despite knowing that there could be collapse from this Bally house of cards and its relationships to cable providers.  

It’s a mess… I’m trying to figure out if I’m going subscribe to Fubo for the season.  As of right now, I’m leaning no.  But we will see when the withdrawals start to set in.