SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

18 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

Now MIDCO doesn't have Balley Sports. notification on the screen says Balley is going through bankruptcy proceedings and has declined numerous options to allow MIDCO to air their contents. WTF?

Just raised holy hell with Midco this morning and demanded a $15 per month reduction in my bill, they are crediting my account.  If they don't want to provide Bally North and Twins games then they are not charging me for it.

Midco better get this figured out with Bally North.  Losing that station is not an option and I will drop them entirely and move to a different service.  They are making it easier to do so every day.

9 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Just raised holy hell with Midco this morning and demanded a $15 per month reduction in my bill, they are crediting my account.  If they don't want to provide Bally North and Twins games then they are not charging me for it.

Midco better get this figured out with Bally North.  Losing that station is not an option and I will drop them entirely and move to a different service.  They are making it easier to do so every day.

We’ve been off Midco for awhile, but I really don’t think this a Midco thing as much as it  is a Twins, Bally Sports thing.  

The Twins, selected to work with Bally Sports knowing that it is a company that is navigating some serious issues.  

7 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

We went to the streaming services a while back and it was the right move.  I used to watch every game, and would love to still do so, but the cost for all the sports channels through Midco is ridiculous, and if they don't have Bally it makes it more ridiculous.        

Thing is I could get the top end Direct TV Stream option and Bluepeak internet and still save $100/month versus what I am paying Midco.  Until this happened I had not even paid attention to my Midco bill.  This whole thing caused me to look into other options for watching the Twins and I figured out that not only could I get a better package through Direct TV Stream but I could also save money.  

I might just do a free trial of Direct TV Stream and use it for a week (or whatever) and if I like it make the change.

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

No disrespect to The Killer, but for 12 wins in a row, it should be a pic one of the best Twins to wear #12.  :)

brian_harper_lonnie_smith.jpg

I can go with that but the Killer was my first sports hero right ahead of Mr Hockey 

Duran and Jax weren't available and Rocco still takes out Ober after five.

Even with the long winning streak the fanbase is turning on El Rocco.  Maybe that's just the way it is in professional sports.  Had a friend at the game last night and he said among the light crowd that was there you had some angry folks in the later innings. 

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Twins on their way to another series win.  Pablo getting pulled now up 9-1 in the 7th.  

Eight run lead's the most dangerous in ... nevermind. :D 

• Upvote 1

The starting pitching has been really good the past few weeks.  With Stewart still on the IL, it'd be nice to get a 7th inning bullpen guy to go with Jax, Duran, Thielbar.  Maybe its Topa, but I think you make Varland that guy if Stewart is going to be out longer than you expected.  

Middle relief scary at the moment.

I think a guy like Dobnak would have a better chance getting outs than Jay Jackson.

Other AAA options:  Topa, Varland, Festa....

Kind of bare down there at the moment.

On 5/2/2024 at 8:50 AM, Yote 53 said:

DirecTV Stream has Bally Sports North. 

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Bally Sports goes belly-up for good, that won't be an option either. It's only a matter of time.

The games are on Amazon Prime, too, if you buy a MLB.TV subscription. 

Castro with a night to forget in CF.  But we didn't score runs anyways.  Credit to Pablo for battling through 6 and a third.  Not sure why we had Funderburk face Judge in that situation late with a base open, but again, didn't matter since we aren't hitting this series.

Joe Ryan to try and avoid the sweep today.  Id bet Austin Martin starts in center. :lol: