SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This needs to be the end for Jorge and Max.

It is just time.

Now watch them rise to the occassion in Games 4 and 5 after saying this

Kepler and Polanco both on club options after this year.  10 million and 10.5 million.  The buy outs on those two deals are a million each.  I'd assume that the Twins go with Wallner next year, and Julien at 2nd with Royce at 3rd.  You've got control years on Willie Castro and he can slide into the outfield in left if Wallner plays right.  I think Brooks Lee is a winner, and wouldn't be surprised if he has a great spring training and starts pushing the envelope for time.  

I would guess they try and pay Sonny Gray with letting Polanco and Kepler go.  Sets up next year's rotation of:  Pablo, Sonny, Paddack, Ryan, Ober.  Then your bullpen is Varland, Jax, Stewart, Thielbar, Duran, Moran, Funderburk, with options of Woods-Richardson and Ortega in St. Paul.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Kepler and Polanco both on club options after this year.  10 million and 10.5 million.  The buy outs on those two deals are a million each.  I'd assume that the Twins go with Wallner next year, and Julien at 2nd with Royce at 3rd.  You've got control years on Willie Castro and he can slide into the outfield in left if Wallner plays right.  I think Brooks Lee is a winner, and wouldn't be surprised if he has a great spring training and starts pushing the envelope for time.  

I would guess they try and pay Sonny Gray with letting Polanco and Kepler go.  Sets up next year's rotation of:  Pablo, Sonny, Paddack, Ryan, Ober.  Then your bullpen is Varland, Jax, Stewart, Thielbar, Duran, Moran, Funderburk, with options of Woods-Richardson and Ortega in St. Paul.  

Sonny is going to want to much in my opinion. Polanco and Kepler aren’t going to break the bank. I’d let Sonny walk for what I think he’s going to want 

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Rocco has done a better job in this postseason, but this decision has backfired big time already. 

I think they should've pitched around Abreu.  That's a terrible match up....then he gets the lefty and have Paddack come in.  Instead it's 3-1.