SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

Don't know if this means anything or not but, Zane is in the 2015-2016 Champions Club membership guide book that came with the season ticket renewals! Everything is all about building up for the next season! Did they let the cat out of the bag?.......I hope so!

Stay Zane stay!

Go Sioux!

Don't know if this means anything or not but, Zane is in the 2015-2016 Champions Club membership guide book that came with the season ticket renewals! Everything is all about building up for the next season! Did they let the cat out of the bag?.......I hope so!

Stay Zane stay!

Go Sioux!

Who said he was all but gone in the first place?

Stay Zane stay!

Go Sioux!

Love the idea, but I wouldnt put a whole lot of stock into that. I think in the past there have been star players in this that have signed. I know though, any little glimmer of hope we can get right?

I don't expect to hear anything now until school is out, even July. There's just nothing to be gained at this time - it's the offseason for anyone not still in playoffs.

July? We're going to hear well before that. Right when school is out we'll hear. First or second week in May.

I was exaggerating a little, but it has happened before over the summer - I think Dell was a later signing?

I'm pretty sure the coaching staff new Dell was leaving even though it was late. We had already gotten Saunders to commit before Dell signed. I'm sure the coaches know what everyone is doing already and only the fans will be surprised if someone leaves.

I'm pretty sure the coaching staff new Dell was leaving even though it was late. We had already gotten Saunders to commit before Dell signed. I'm sure the coaches know what everyone is doing already and only the fans will be surprised if someone leaves.

Yes, Dell was a late signing

Shortly after the 2012 season, Dell informed the coaches that he would be going pro.  As a result, Hakstol and crew went after Saunders so that UND would have some experience in goal with only some Freshman kid named Gothberg, or something like that, coming in.  Not having secured a contract yet, Dell asked the coaches if he could return to UND later that summer.  The coaches said no and that Saunders had taken his place.  Hey, I give Hakstol a lot of credit for keeping his word to Saunders and preventing a precedent or culture of students waffling on whether to turn pro or not.  I'm not revealing my source for this.  Feel free to bash and criticize me all you want.

But before you do, consider this: do you really think that Aaron Dell chose to leave UND so that he could muck around the CHL for a year, which fell dead last on the NHL, AHL, ECHL, CHL pecking order?  Just so you all know how bad the CHL is, Mario Lamoreaux is a dominating, offensive threat in the ECHL.

Yes, Dell was a late signing

Shortly after the 2012 season, Dell informed the coaches that he would be going pro. As a result, Hakstol and crew went after Saunders so that UND would have some experience in goal with only some Freshman kid named Gothberg, or something like that, coming in. Not having secured a contract yet, Dell asked the coaches if he could return to UND later that summer. The coaches said no and that Saunders had taken his place. Hey, I give Hakstol a lot of credit for keeping his word to Saunders and preventing a precedent or culture of students waffling on whether to turn pro or not. I'm not revealing my source for this. Feel free to bash and criticize me all you want.

But before you do, consider this: do you really think that Aaron Dell chose to leave UND so that he could muck around the CHL for a year, which fell dead last on the NHL, AHL, ECHL, CHL pecking order? Just so you all know how bad the CHL is, Mario Lamoreaux is a dominating, offensive threat in the ECHL.

Wasn't there other factors with Dell. I thought he got married and they wanted to kind of settle down.

Wasn't there other factors with Dell. I thought he got married and they wanted to kind of settle down.

I'm sure there were.  Just saying what I know from a very reliable source.  I'm a huge Dell fan and really do hope to see him in the NHL soon.  He tore it up in the AHL this year.  And I'm not trying to disagree with you or say that you're wrong, but I don't necessarily think that the early years of minor league hockey, being on the road for days at a time, and constantly switching teams/cities bodes well for a couple that wants to settle down.

I'm sure there were. Just saying what I know from a very reliable source. I'm a huge Dell fan and really do hope to see him in the NHL soon. He tore it up in the AHL this year. And I'm not trying to disagree with you or say that you're wrong, but I don't necessarily think that the early years of minor league hockey, being on the road for days at a time, and constantly switching teams/cities bodes well for a couple that wants to settle down.

Yea I understand and I was trying argue with you or your source that's just what I was told was the apart of why he left. And getting paid to play in actual money rather than education might have factored in as well. I would speculate that he also didn't anticipate all the extra moves if that was part of why he left. So factors after his decision might have made he rethink had he had another chance at it.

I'm not saying I don't believe it, but a lot of goalies take a slower path to the NHL since there are so few per team. Dell won a championship and was the best CHL goalie in his only season there. In my eyes, he's climbed the ladder rather quickly. Now, he's only one rung down, and a standout in that league.

WAIT!! You mean the coaches know and you forgot GFhockey and siouxstudent, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1