SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Miami - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Miami had tons to play for. Good split. Let's concentrate on cc

Yep. Could you imagine how hard it would've been to clinch the Penne Rosa tonight if UND had lost last night? We all knew Miami was good. Their forwards showed up. All I can say is though that the officiating this season has been an absolute joke. The NCHC should be embarrassed. Things got out of hand because of them.

I seriously hope that Nick is alright. Cause man...what a terrible time to start losing players.

This Miami team has the rare combination of being a cheap dirty team but also embellishing everything. Really hope we are fully healthy going into next weekend after some of the antics from Miami tonight. Wasn't one of our better games but 3 of Miami's goals only happened because of lucky bounces and the 3rd goal was because they pushed Zane into the net which must have recently been made legal. Reffing was absolutely pathetic tonight some no excuse for not calling the cross check on the Schmaltz injury but they let Miami get away with the cross check all weekend and they sure took advantage of that. Hope that Western Michigan can put a physical beat down on Miami especially that clown Coleman. Only concern after this weekend is the powerplay the talent is there just gotta find the right combination and I'm sure lots of time will be spent on special teams work this week as that becomes even more important in postseason play.

Agreed, from what I saw there were a lot of "home ice" bounces, and some abysmal reffing.  On the other hand, our PK got it's kiester handed to it, so we have work to do on defense as well as on the PP offensively.  

Great to bring home the hardware from the weekend, and maybe it's also good to see this team get one more sting of defeat before tourney time starts.   

Time for these Seniors to reflect, pull together, find their desire, and set their eyes upon the next goal.

GO SIOUX!!!

Cheapest game I've seen played by a team (Miami) in a loooong time. Late hits after the whistle and loooong after the puck was gone and mostly up high. If the uni's had been switched, we'd have three sitting out DQs next week. Derek Shepturd ought not be allowed to officiate a mite game. Simply brutal. If Fenton has an iota of integrity, Adam and several of his cronies will be gone next year.

The hit on Schmaltz  looked like an elbow to the head as he was going down...hope for a quick recovery...not sure how that wasn't called.

I thought it looked like the one guy gave him a cross check as he was going around the net and his head hit the other players knee. Either way there should have been a penalty called on that play.

• Upvote 1

Could happen. I won't believe it until I see it.

They're gonna tumble down to 15 or 16 with tonight's loss. A split next weekend with Penn State would leave the B10 with nobody in the top 16 in the PWR. Hellooooo conference tournament winner auto-bid only.

• Upvote 1

They're gonna tumble down to 15 or 16 with tonight's loss. A split next weekend with Penn State would leave the B10 with nobody in the top 16 in the PWR. Hellooooo conference tournament winner auto-bid only.

If that's the case, how does Minnie Mouse end up in Fargo? I don't see it.

As of now they are tied for 14th.

...and the 3rd goal was because they pushed Zane into the net which must have recently been made legal. Reffing was absolutely pathetic tonight...

Additionally, only Shepturd could turn what should have been Sioux goal and ensuing Sioux PP into no goal and a Sioux PK - incompetence beyond the power of mere words to express.