SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Miami - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Cheapest game I've seen played by a team (Miami) in a loooong time. Late hits after the whistle and loooong after the puck was gone and mostly up high. If the uni's had been switched, we'd have three sitting out DQs next week. Derek Shepturd ought not be allowed to officiate a mite game. Simply brutal. If Fenton has an iota of integrity, Adam and several of his cronies will be gone next year.

It will NEVER happen!

1st line scares me now. Complete loss of composure in the 3rd. We were still in that game is what pisses me off. Miami played a little dirty, but we have to be above that. Lose with class. WE are the best team in the country. I will not make excuses for this squad. Make tonight a learning experience and move on. CC is going to play us like it's game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.

After watching them this year: Be not afraid.

It's still Minnesota, they have a way of breaking our hearts. I'm sure beating us in the tournament would be the equivalent of them winning a championship this year, for them anyway.

It's still Minnesota, they have a way of breaking our hearts. I'm sure beating us in the tournament would be the equivalent of them winning a championship this year, for them anyway.

Very true. I fear 5 other NCHC teams before Minny, BUT they are in that class of....no one better to beat, but no one worse to lose to.

Very true. I fear 5 other NCHC teams before Minny, BUT they are in that class of....no one better to beat, but no one worse to lose to.

One Penn State win and an MSU/MI split next weekend results in this:

#3 MN vs #6 WI

winner gets #1 MSU

#4 PSU vs #5 OSU

winner gets #2 Michigan

So, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and (likely) Michigan - no way.

One Penn State win and an MSU/MI split next weekend results in this:

#3 MN vs #6 WI

winner gets #1 MSU

#4 PSU vs #5 OSU

winner gets #2 Michigan

So, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and (likely) Michigan - no way.

You put a lot of faith into the other crappy teams in that conference.

miami fan stupidity is pretty much over the top.  chant "over rated" when the #5 in the polls splits with #1 in the polls, the night after that #1 team won the conference in their barn...wow!  They probably didn't even know the two teams played the night before...

what do you expect from a team with no tradition.  Make up a term like "the brotherhood"cause you've got nothing... maybe we should call ours the "banner hood" since we have a plethora of them...

I hate dumb fans who don't know hockey- Miami fan boy has now trumped minnesota fan boy...at least Minnesota has a tradition and some banners

miami fan stupidity is pretty much over the top. chant "over rated" when the #5 in the polls splits with #1 in the polls, the night after that #1 team won the conference in their barn...wow! They probably didn't even know the two teams played the night before...

what do you expect from a team with no tradition. Make up a term like "the brotherhood"cause you've got nothing... maybe we should call ours the "banner hood" since we have a plethora of them...

I hate dumb fans who don't know hockey- Miami fan boy has now trumped minnesota fan boy...at least Minnesota has a tradition and some banners

I noticed how little the fans knew about the game judging by crowd reactions. On Friday night one of their players whiffed on a shot and fell over, the whole crowd wanted a penalty because our guy was playing D next to him. There were a few more instances that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

miami fan stupidity is pretty much over the top.  chant "over rated" when the #5 in the polls splits with #1 in the polls, the night after that #1 team won the conference in their barn...wow!  They probably didn't even know the two teams played the night before...

what do you expect from a team with no tradition.  Make up a term like "the brotherhood"cause you've got nothing... maybe we should call ours the "banner hood" since we have a plethora of them...

I thought it was classic to see a Miami student wearing an Toews Blackhawks Jersey.  Yes it is red, but does he know where Toews went to college.  I think this is a classic jersey foul?

• Upvote 1

they all got excited on every freaking breakout or neutral zone entry...they cried for a penalty on every play...

back to our team-

Zero chemistry up front other than the Gaarder line.  The problem is that Mac and Parks have so much freaking chemistry, you can't just replicate that.  Problem is Poolman brings nothing to the offense as a forward, so who do you play with Parks?  Then lose Schmaltz to a thigh to the head...and the depth that has made this team great is really compromised.

Add to it that Mac plays in all special teams situations, is one of the fastest skaters on the team, and is our best face-off man...

All that said- we gutted out a tough win in Miami and get to hang a banner.

• Upvote 1

they all got excited on every freaking breakout or neutral zone entry...they cried for a penalty on every play...

back to our team-

Zero chemistry up front other than the Gaarder line. The problem is that Mac and Parks have so much freaking chemistry, you can't just replicate that. Problem is Poolman brings nothing to the offense as a forward, so who do you play with Parks? Then lose Schmaltz to a thigh to the head...and the depth that has made this team great is really compromised.

Add to it that Mac plays in all special teams situations, is one of the fastest skaters on the team, and is our best face-off man...

All that said- we gutted out a tough win in Miami and get to hang a banner.

Schmaltz getting hit, not sure if there was a penalty there, id have to see it again but im sure a Sioux player wouldv got a penalty if it was Miami

Miami has only played D1 hockey since 1978.  4 CCHA championships, 1 CCHA playoff championship, 2 Frozen Fours, 1 NCAA 2nd place finish, and 12 All-Americans.  Tradition has to start somewhere - not every school has been playing as long as Michigan, North Dakota, or Minnesota.  

Some notable alumni too - Dan Boyle, Andy Greene, Reilly Smith, Brian Savage, and this guy...you may remember him from last summer:

Miami has only played D1 hockey since 1978. 4 CCHA championships, 1 CCHA playoff championship, 2 Frozen Fours, 1 NCAA 2nd place finish, and 12 All-Americans. Tradition has to start somewhere - not every school has been playing as long as Michigan, North Dakota, or Minnesota.

Some notable alumni too - Dan Boyle, Andy Greene, Reilly Smith, Brian Savage, and this guy...you may remember him from last summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SVih8Rn5Y

Thanks for bringing up painful memories, jerk.