SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

I prefer to use the term "discuss". I feel that the ability to post anonymously has taken the online discussion of the rivalry to a higher level of disrespect. I would also say that the more immature a person is the more disrespectful their postings can be. I can take good-natured ribbing - I can't take constant disrespect and trolling. If you think using SU instead of FU would reduce the level of disrespect I'm all in and I guess it has to start somewhere.

I am pretty sure I have always referred to you guys as UND especially since Sioux was retired.

But one must remember that people on message boards are a very small minority of the fans associated

with either team. Fan is short for Fanatic. Fans have more of an edge that the regular fan. Fanatics have a tendency to forget its just a game.

Ive never been able to understand the hate that some show on both sides of the fence.

Those dip sticks on bisonville aka FU trailer park don't want to have real discussions about the rivalry. They don't have much common sense over there.

I'm glad I don't have to hear this year all about how they would win the big 12 after beating just one crappy FBS team every year.

Years ago I used to go to Bisonville to keep up on regional sports talk - had to stop it has gotten so venomous, juvenile, insulting,and incredibly mean-spirited.

I can actually agree with this.  Bisonville used to be a great place to just go talk sports.  As more of a football and basketball guy (as opposed to hockey), back in the mid 2000's I could find better conversation about sport in general over there than I could here.  Things seemed to go crazy over at Bisonville around the time they got into the MVFC, about the same time that UND moved to DI.  Can't hardly stand to read that forum anymore now.  For whatever reason, for the past few years they are just as big into putting North Dakota down as they are into celebrating their own success...........

I can actually agree with this.  Bisonville used to be a great place to just go talk sports.  As more of a football and basketball guy (as opposed to hockey), back in the mid 2000's I could find better conversation about sport in general over there than I could here.  Things seemed to go crazy over at Bisonville around the time they got into the MVFC, about the same time that UND moved to DI.  Can't hardly stand to read that forum anymore now.  For whatever reason, for the past few years they are just as big into putting North Dakota down as they are into celebrating their own success...........

You couldn't be further from the truth regarding your last sentence.

Those dip sticks on bisonville aka FU trailer park don't want to have real discussions about the rivalry. They don't have much common sense over there.

I'm glad I don't have to hear this year all about how they would win the big 12 after beating just one crappy FBS team every year.

It's to the point I really don't even look forward to this game any more due to comments like that from both sides.   I think everyone needs to go back to their corner until a week before the game.

Agree. BV used to be much better. You could actually have a discussion on numerous topics and there would be good natured ribbing but very few flame wars. Then BV was over run by a host of immature students and lakesbison wannabes and it really turned the tables up side down. Many of the really good posters don't post anymore because of the BS and a few real head cases. Its a shame.

• Upvote 2

Getting back on topic......

I am wondering if NDSU and the Fargodome is even going to consider giving UND a designated area for their fans to tailgate.  I know that The Alerus has done this for schools that play us.  Not sure what they have done for other schools.  But you would think for a game of this magnitude involving thier biggest rival (sorry Bison fans, it's true) that they would accomodate.  I know that the Alerus more than accomodated Bison fans back in 2003.  Probably wishful thinking. 

I am wondering if NDSU and the Fargodome is even going to consider giving UND a designated area for their fans to tailgate. I know that The Alerus has done this for schools that play us. Not sure what they have done for other schools. But you would think for a game of this magnitude involving thier biggest rival (sorry Bison fans, it's true) that they would accomodate. I know that the Alerus more than accomodated Bison fans back in 2003. Probably wishful thinking.

I've never seen anything special done. They don't have enough space for Bison fans the way it is. Your best bet will be to find some friends who are bison fans who tailgate.

I am wondering if NDSU and the Fargodome is even going to consider giving UND a designated area for their fans to tailgate.  I know that The Alerus has done this for schools that play us.  Not sure what they have done for other schools.  But you would think for a game of this magnitude involving thier biggest rival (sorry Bison fans, it's true) that they would accomodate.  I know that the Alerus more than accomodated Bison fans back in 2003.  Probably wishful thinking. 

I mentioned it earlier but I asked someone within UND about it and they don't currently have anything set up but are going to look into it, hopefully putting up a tent or something.  That being said, since it wasn't included in the original contract, I don't see NDSU offering the courtesy to them. 

I mentioned it earlier but I asked someone within UND about it and they don't currently have anything set up but are going to look into it, hopefully putting up a tent or something.  That being said, since it wasn't included in the original contract, I don't see NDSU offering the courtesy to them. 

I get that it would be tough to do.  Especially considering the demand for tailgating.  I had mentioned before about having a local establishment near the dome host UND fans for tailgating and the game, similar to what places like the Pourhouse in Minneapolis does for the Frozen Faceoff.  As much as Bison fans scoff at the idea, a local establishment would be wise to do something like that.  There are plenty of UND fans in Fargo, and surrounding areas including GF) that don't have tickets to the game but would like to be down there to watch it with other UND football fans.

I get that it would be tough to do. Especially considering the demand for tailgating. I had mentioned before about having a local establishment near the dome host UND fans for tailgating and the game, similar to what places like the Pourhouse in Minneapolis does for the Frozen Faceoff. As much as Bison fans scoff at the idea, a local establishment would be wise to do something like that. There are plenty of UND fans in Fargo, and surrounding areas including GF) that don't have tickets to the game but would like to be down there to watch it with other UND football fans.

Absolutely. I hope UND can work a location out.

Looks like College Gameday will be heading back to Fargo but not for the UND game. Instead it will be week 6 against UNI. To bad. UND game would of been epic.

Is it for sure, all I saw was the potential for NDSU hosting game day but it wasn't written in stone.

I am trying to think where they could put your group considering the current set up with all of the reserved parking. Plus the GA parking they have rigs getting in line the night before.

If your fundraising arm is thinking of doing something they better get going on it now.

I know it's been mentioned before, but it was a good idea and it makes sense. So, I'll repeat it.  Buffalo Wild Wings should figure out how to be the UND site.  The place would be packed!

The place is packed on every game day. Just saying.

Good point. Need a place fairly close by...with good parking..that could use a bump in business on gameday.

Pretty much any place that has alcohol and parking on gameday is going to generally be pretty full.

Looks like College Gameday will be heading back to Fargo but not for the UND game. Instead it will be week 6 against UNI. To bad. UND game would of been epic.

Oh really?  Somehow a prediction from a USC rube who writes for SB Nation four plus months in advance means something?  I'd argue with his idea that there aren't any big games that week when Oklahoma and Texas play along with Miami/FSU, Wisconsin/Nebraska, Arkansas/Alabama or Georgia/Tennessee among others.  He also thought that Baylor played in Baylor, Texas before fixing it.

Oh really?  Somehow a prediction from a USC rube who writes for SB Nation four plus months in advance means something?  I'd argue with his idea that there aren't any big games that week when Oklahoma and Texas play along with Miami/FSU, Wisconsin/Nebraska, Arkansas/Alabama or Georgia/Tennessee among others.  He also thought that Baylor played in Baylor, Texas before fixing it.

It also says Minnesota to host in week 9. All credibility lost with that.

Are you another one of those kool aid drinking bisonville members ?

Just because one article states that They think it will happen doesn't mean it even has a small chance. The nation of college football will not even hear about the bison in the headlines this year because they have no fbs game. Keep dreaming man! The country cares about fbs teams.

If it did happen both teams would Need to be undefeated which means UNI would have to beat Iowa

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1