SiouxSports.com Forum

Students kicked out

Siouxfull

Bet we (students) get an email from Kelley talking about how disappointed he is int he student body (much like the siouxper drunk thing last year) or an REA one threatening any future activity like that with a possible ban/removal of ticket rights.

This...^^^

He should be excited some student have even taken notice of his presidency... as lame as it has been.

I saw today that Blais is like .500 overall in maybe 5 seasons at Neb-Omaha (although he did win 2 natties prior to that at UND), while Sanderlin is maybe the same overall or even less in 15 or so seasons at Duluth BUT he did grab the 1 natty in 2011 even though most recognize the Sioux were no doubt the best team in the land that season based upon a full season's sample (the true test). So, don't fire the UND Pres, instead fire Hakstol for his "mediocre" teams over the last 11 seasons and bring in Blais, Sanderlin, Eaves (he also got a natty in '06 I believe but not thinking he will this year, just a hunch),...whoever!

What?

I saw today that Blais is like .500 overall in maybe 5 seasons at Neb-Omaha (although he did win 2 natties prior to that at UND), while Sanderlin is maybe the same overall or even less in 15 or so seasons at Duluth BUT he did grab the 1 natty in 2011 even though most recognize the Sioux were no doubt the best team in the land that season based upon a full season's sample (the true test). So, don't fire the UND Pres, instead fire Hakstol for his "mediocre" teams over the last 11 seasons and bring in Blais, Sanderlin, Eaves (he also got a natty in '06 I believe but not thinking he will this year, just a hunch),...whoever!

If you are a recent UND grad, they maybe Kelly's critics have a point about how our school is failing us. 

Regardless of wether you agree with the sign or not they shouldn't have been booted. I don't think REA allows any type of signs that size but all that needed to be done is take the sign away. Maybe the students have different rules about this? Who knows. As far as Firing our president I agree. He's shown a real lack of leadership with his faculty and as far as I can see he's done nothing but stand back and watch things happen until he's forced to take action. Then when he does do something he runs and hides from the media. A man in his position needs to get out in front of things and deal with problems before they boil. He's a total reactionary. Nice guy but wrong guy for the job.

• Upvote 1

Regardless of wether you agree with the sign or not they shouldn't have been booted. I don't think REA allows any type of signs that size but all that needed to be done is take the sign away. Maybe the students have different rules about this? Who knows. As far as Firing our president I agree. He's shown a real lack of leadership with his faculty and as far as I can see he's done nothing but stand back and watch things happen until he's forced to take action. Then when he does do something he runs and hides from the media. A man in his position needs to get out in front of things and deal with problems before they boil. He's a total reactionary. Nice guy but wrong guy for the job.

This ^^^^^.  These are things that I think are valid concerns. But some, not all, some of the made-up BS regarding his handling or not handling of the nickname and logo issue are pure urban legend that gets propagated by irresponsible individuals out there who don't have to own up to what they incite.

• Upvote 1

This ^^^^^. These are things that I think are valid concerns. But some, not all, some of the made-up BS regarding his handling or not handling of the nickname and logo issue are pure urban legend that gets propagated by irresponsible individuals out there who don't have to own up to what they incite.

+ a TON for this.

Get out in front ? ? ? Do u mean be more aggressive in with what goal ? To what ? He has been pretty clear what he wants - although slow & passing the buck on who & how & what decisions are made - As far as the name goes I have evolved some - ill take that to the name thread - But yes a poor leader in the whole thing.

The nickname issue for Kelley was a no win. No matter what he did people would get angry I think he came in with the mindset to get rid of the name which isn't what I wanted but aleast he had a goal in mind. What I have a problem with is his lack of leadership. Case in point would be the deal with the EERC director. There's other situations as well but that was very public and poorly handled.

No, he would have dealt with it face to face, man to man. Security had to take the sign, but they should have let the students stay. Mild distraction from a great hockey game

Yeah I agree but we would not be having the same feelings - He would have taken care of business long ago & I doubt if we would be where we are now

The nickname issue for Kelley was a no win. No matter what he did people would get angry I think he came in with the mindset to get rid of the name which isn't what I wanted but aleast he had a goal in mind. What I have a problem with is his lack of leadership. Case in point would be the deal with the EERC director. There's other situations as well but that was very public and poorly handled.

He has been a broken rudder guiding the state's flagship university from almost day one.

A leader does not lead by forming a committee, and another, and another, and then still not get to a decision.

Did he not just say they are deciding by May? That is actually being pretty decisive considering it was said to be going into 2016, IIRC.

One committee to lay out the parameters and now one to pick the name and this one only has a few months.

Seems OK to me...no?

Did he not just say they are deciding by May? That is actually being pretty decisive considering it was said to be going into 2016, IIRC.

One committee to lay out the parameters and now one to pick the name and this one only has a few months.

Seems OK to me...no?

After hanging in limbo for the better part of a decade. That's not leadership.

And, regarding May (end of this semester), we will have to see. I'm betting against because it'll require action other than committee forming.

After hanging in limbo for the better part of a decade. That's not leadership.

And, regarding May (end of this semester), we will have to see. I'm betting against because it'll require action other than committee forming.

So he should have axed the name all by himself in his first couple years? Ignoring all parties that wanted to put in their two cents...

Don't forget the vote ---- don't u have campaigns before a vote ...oh wait we have been doing that for years now - but he will wrap it up now in a couple months & all should be happy & follow along - because educated idiots & commitees say so

Someone post the popcorn gif now

Where I was sitting I couldn't see what was going on but I agree with the sign.  I talked with the president a few weeks ago about the name change and he said the student's want a new name and logo.  I asked him if he ever looked out at the arena and saw what the students were wearing.  He's in lala land.  I truly believe he has worked with the NCAA to get rid of the name!  Long Live the Fighting SIOUX!!!!

• Upvote 1