SiouxSports.com Forum

NLI Gameday Thread

geaux_sioux

Idk how I'll feel about green pants.

Green pants w/ green jerseys - no good.

Green pants w/ white jerseys - should look pretty decent (as long as it's the correct shade of green)

Sac State, Michigan State, Marshall have pulled this look off. 

I'd prefer a gray or black pant over green, myself... in addition to the white pants.  Depends on what color accents (gray or black) are on the jerseys... Hearing an alternative uni combo will be in the mix for '16.

Are we only waiting for Webb at this point? I know he should be at 2:30, but other than him it sounds like all of our commits signed. Does that happen very often? I feel like there are usually a few commits that end up elsewhere.

I know some of these high schools like to do the big signing day presentations, etc. but you'd think any coach would want the NLI asap.  Should just send the NLI right away in the AM & the kids still can do the staged photo opp, etc in the afternoon or whenever...

I know some of these high schools like to do the big signing day presentations, etc. but you'd think any coach would want the NLI asap.  Should just send the NLI right away in the AM & the kids still can do the staged photo opp, etc in the afternoon or whenever...

Agreed. Even as a student, I would want to get mine in right away. I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run, but it would be nice to have it all done and submitted.

Green pants w/ green jerseys - no good.

Green pants w/ white jerseys - should look pretty decent (as long as it's the correct shade of green)

Sac State, Michigan State, Marshall have pulled this look off.

I'd prefer a gray or black pant over green, myself... in addition to the white pants. Depends on what color accents (gray or black) are on the jerseys... Hearing an alternative uni combo will be in the mix for '16.

Green jersey with white pants is perfect simply because it IS the identity of UND football traditionally, and it still should be.

As for finding use for the green pants, couple them up with the white jerseys for the road and it will look fine.

No Webb yet? Then you go to UND site and they announce 27 signings and no mention of him? I know about 2:30 thing but now 45 minutes later, worried 

No worries... His HS team's twitter has pics of their group signing.  You can see Webb wearing a UND sweatshirt & hat....

@SHSpatFB

Shouldn't that be Scott "My, Oh, My" Miller's job?  Must be nice having TWO flagship radio stations (KFGO and WDAY).  Something definitely needs to be done about this because being invisible in the media is not good for any program.

This is what I can't figure out.   WDAY is making tons of money off our games, so they should be spending the morning pumping up our program.   All I kept hearing was how this commit or that commit to NDSU had X number of offers, including an FBS school.   I honestly thought I was going to throw up in my mouth a couple times.   Faison needs to tell them we are an entire package, all or nothing.

• Upvote 2

When is the last time that North Dakota did not sign a single player from Wisconsin?

I never even caught that until you mentioned it.   That is more than a little disconcerting.   While I really like this class, I strongly feel that there were a lot of good players we missed out on, and WI has traditionally been good for recruits.    We can't be conceding whole areas like this on recruiting battles.    As I said, I like what we got, but we really won't know for a couple years, and I hope we weren't just picking up what ever we could get to fill spots.   Right or wrong, the lack of other offers always makes a person wonder.

I never even caught that until you mentioned it.   That is more than a little disconcerting.   While I really like this class, I strongly feel that there were a lot of good players we missed out on, and WI has traditionally been good for recruits.    We can't be conceding whole areas like this on recruiting battles.    As I said, I like what we got, but we really won't know for a couple years, and I hope we weren't just picking up what ever we could get to fill spots.   Right or wrong, the lack of other offers always makes a person wonder.

Watch the hudl clips yourself, you can have your own opinion on players, too.  We landed some really good athletes today.

I believe Knauf actually touched on this during his live interview.  UND did have offers out to some kids that they didn't get (Wiki confirms).  After that, they thought they could get better talent elsewhere and they are hoping to get some guys from their next year.  With Knauf on this staff, Wisconsin won't be an afterthought and will continue to be recruited hard.  This year, the chips just didn't fall their way in Wisconsin.

What kid didn't have any offers that concerns you?  Whats the magic number?  Do D2 offers count?  What schools matter?

I think the key thing is that our coaches are getting kids to camp.  We didn't throw out 150 offers this year like years past. 

What I've read in various publications & sites (no idea how accurate they all are) is that it's a down year for HS talent in Wisc.  Whether that is true remains to be seen...

I do think Wisc will continue to be a priority in coming years for UND, just didn't work out this year.  I do really like the fact that we stayed mostly Midwest and got back into Colorado,

I believe Knauf actually touched on this during his live interview.  UND did have offers out to some kids that they didn't get (Wiki confirms).  After that, they thought they could get better talent elsewhere and they are hoping to get some guys from their next year.  With Knauf on this staff, Wisconsin won't be an afterthought and will continue to be recruited hard.  This year, the chips just didn't fall their way in Wisconsin.

You're right we offered 7 kids out of Wisco and 8 in ND. This year it just wasn't to be this year in Wisconsin.

Green jersey with white pants is perfect simply because it IS the identity of UND football traditionally, and it still should be.

As for finding use for the green pants, couple them up with the white jerseys for the road and it will look fine.

Might've worded my post somewhat confusing... Yes, I prefer the white pants & green jersey.  Just would prefer gray or black pants over the green pants. Although, I think the green pants/white jersey combo will be just fine.  Guessing the alt. combo for '16 will be grays or blacks.  The most important thing is they are getting new gear!

Only surprise (good or bad) was PWO Ted Nelson signing. 

Excellent job digging up information by those who spend their time keeping the rest of us informed.  Very much appreciated!

Although Troy Hansen was a known commodity, I'd say his signing was a very good surprise being there wasn't a lot of recruiting info out there on him, other than his UND December visit & some rumors of FBS grayshirt/PWO offers.