SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs cold dogs saturday gameday thread

gfhockey

Classic bulldog hockey. Dive, turtle, then get aggressive when officials come in.

• Upvote 1

Solid bounce back performance tonight with a lot of guys stepping up their game tonight. Duluth always plays a chippy game and I was glad to see the guys respond to it and take care of it themselves rather than hoping Anderson and Shep would actually take control of the game because that never happens. I'm pretty sure the Sioux bench had been all over them about all the embellishment that Duluth does and was glad to see they called one on the Pattyn punch but there where many more cases of it like when Decowski seemed to go down real easy when Zane gave him a shot to draw a penalty. Saw a few guys limping from slashes and know Parks left and later returned with a lower body injury but hopefully we didn't suffer anymore injuries and can get some guys healthy throughout the week.

not my take. Pattyn didn't hit him that hard. That kid looked like Ricky hit him. Pattyn deserved hus penaltyn but that kid went down like he'd been knocked out. Imo he got what he deserved

Pattyn BARELY touched him. Huge, huge flop. Evidenced by him getting up immediately and grabbing for Patts' facemask. UMD got way dirty in the third. Hack team.

• Upvote 1

I think they were engaged, so I wouldn't call it a sucker punch. Yes, it was unexpected, but in college, ain't nobody going to drop their gloves, so that is how punches are thrown.

Agree with you tnt, no way a sucker punch.  You engage (which the cheap dawg and Pattyn were doing) then be ready to tangle.  Walk the walk.

Man, surprised me UMD got so chippy tonight when the started losing/knowing the game was out of reach.  Reminds me of another Minnie team.  Sioux were down and out last night with maybe 7-8 min left in game but it didn't get chippy, they handled it like men. The Dawgs are down by 3 late tonight and they just want to get cheap and scrap.  Not good losers I guess.