SiouxSports.com Forum

Driver may face charges after driving thru ferguson protestors in minn

Redneksioux

" ... as others were perched atop the hood of his Subaru wagon ... " 

Who were these 'others' and why were they atop Mr. Rice's wagon? Did they have permission to be there? Were they attempting to assault Mr. Rice? Did they do damage to his vehicle? 

Did these people have a parade permit and permission to close down a public thoroughfare? 

• Upvote 1

" ... as others were perched atop the hood of his Subaru wagon ... " 

Who were these 'others' and why were they atop Mr. Rice's wagon? Did they have permission to be there? Were they attempting to assault Mr. Rice? Did they do damage to his vehicle? 

Did these people have a parade permit and permission to close down a public thoroughfare?

None of these things matter....they were mad, so that gives them permission to do whatever they want. Huh? :(

Anyone want to take a guess as to what % of these protesting idiots actually hold down a full time 40 hours/week job?

If your guess includes more than 1 numeral, you probably should guess again.

• Upvote 1

I drive a dark colored Subaru Outback, and there are times (typically weather related bad commutes) where I've driven through that intersection to get home.    The night this happened I was driving home (this time on 35W south) and heard on the radio about this incident, involving a "dark colored Subaru Outback" at such and such intersection.    I immediately called my wife and said "IT WASN'T ME!"  :-)

That said, lots of bad decisions here.  Personally, I'm not a fan of protesting in the street blocking traffic.  All that does is piss me off, not make me sympathize with your point of view.

That said, the driver showed some real lack of judgement here.  Drive around the car in front of you, and into a crowd of people?  Anyone reading this think that is a good idea?

Seems like the police were willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt.   He pulled over and called 911 himself.  They originally made it out as an accident, and only later changed it to perhaps lead to criminal charges.  I would guess they have their reasons.

Oh, the guy's history shows quite a lack of judgment when it comes to decisions made while driving, so that's not in his favor here.

• Upvote 3

Protesters were on the news two nights ago pleading with the Bloomington city attorney to not prosecute the MOA folks and to "put people before corporate profits." She should tell that to the store clerks making $8 or $9 an hour who had to be sent home with no pay because their store had to be closed because of those protesters!

As for the "public funding" theory that supposedly means you can do whatever you want because it's not a 100% privately-built building, I challenge you to jump onto Target Field during a ballgame this summer and see how well that goes over.

Not to start a fight here, but if this was a Tea Party protest that was interrupted by a motor vehicle, there would be people on here calling for a long prison sentence for the driver.

Am I right?

Simple question.*

*Copyright 2015 GOBC. All Rights Reserved.

If this was a LGBTQ protest interrupted by you calling someone a "Fudge Packer"...

You know what? Nevermind.

No.

Simple answer.

Unless the driver in FS4L's scenario is trying to out run police from being at a previous protest in which he shot at a police officer...then I'm all in favor of a long sentence.

#handsup

Not to start a fight here, but if this was a Tea Party protest that was interrupted by a motor vehicle, there would be people on here calling for a long prison sentence for the driver.

Am I right?

Simple question.*

*Copyright 2015 GOBC.  All Rights Reserved.

Is the protest in the middle of an intersection or Interstate Hwy?

MM I was at the MOA on the Saturday that the protests took place. Came out of the Raintree restraunt  and witnessed the protest.  My 2 grand daughters were disappointed they could not get there picture taken at the Vikings store with the cheerleaders. :p   I had promised we would go there after we ate. We left immediately to avoid scaring the kids. I agree with a previous poster that these protesters need to get a real job.

I hate to break up your racist circle jerk here, but a lot of these protesters have jobs and work much harder every day than your average tea partier.  Say what you want but protesting police officers shooting and killing unarmed black men and children  (John Crawford, the 12-year old Rice kid in Cleveland) is a hell of a lot more legitimate bitch than some old, white dude bitching about having to pay grazing fees for cows he illegally grazes on federal land or asking the government to keep it's hands off his Medicare and social security.  It's pretty transparent that a lot of you were cheerleaders for Cliven Bundy and his crew when they were pointing weapons at police officers in defiance of laws but seem to have no problem backing a police officer when he kills a black person for whatever reason.   

• Upvote 1

I hate to break up your racist circle jerk here, but a lot of these protesters have jobs and work much harder every day than your average tea partier. Say what you want but protesting police officers shooting and killing unarmed black men and children (John Crawford, the 12-year old Rice kid in Cleveland) is a hell of a lot more legitimate bitch than some old, white dude bitching about having to pay grazing fees for cows he illegally grazes on federal land or asking the government to keep it's hands off his Medicare and social security. It's pretty transparent that a lot of you were cheerleaders for Cliven Bundy and his crew when they were pointing weapons at police officers in defiance of laws but seem to have no problem backing a police officer when he kills a black person for whatever reason.

Wow?

I didn't realize this forum was full of a bunch of radical, racial SOBs? I think I am going to refrain from ever logging on to this website again.

Thank you dlsiouxfan for opening my eyes!

I hate to break up your racist circle jerk here, but a lot of these protesters have jobs and work much harder every day than your average tea partier. Say what you want but protesting police officers shooting and killing unarmed black men and children (John Crawford, the 12-year old Rice kid in Cleveland) is a hell of a lot more legitimate bitch than some old, white dude bitching about having to pay grazing fees for cows he illegally grazes on federal land or asking the government to keep it's hands off his Medicare and social security. It's pretty transparent that a lot of you were cheerleaders for Cliven Bundy and his crew when they were pointing weapons at police officers in defiance of laws but seem to have no problem backing a police officer when he kills a black person for whatever reason.

For "whatever reason"??? These black kids are getting shot for reasons you will never find myself nor anyone I affiliate myself doing. The trend I see is an attitude of "f the police" held by many and I think the outrage on this site comes from how people decide to handle what they don't agree with with. If these people had half of an education and had actual jobs, would they be participating in violent protests? I'm doubting so. But thanks for labeling a number of posters as racists bud. You did watch the video in post number 1's link right? It looked like most protestors were not black.