SiouxSports.com Forum

Driver may face charges after driving thru ferguson protestors in minn

Redneksioux

For "whatever reason"??? These black kids are getting shot for reasons you will never find myself nor anyone I affiliate myself doing. The trend I see is an attitude of "f the police" held by many and I think the outrage on this site comes from how people decide to handle what they don't agree with with. If these people had half of an education and had actual jobs, would they be participating in violent protests? I'm doubting so. But thanks for labeling a number of posters as racists bud. You did watch the video in post number 1's link right? It looked like most protestors were not black.

Just look at the video of the kid from Fargo South. Who instead of pulling up his pants got into the face of a "white" officer chest bump him and after being restrained yelled out Ferguson. I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for those who intentionally break the law just to cry racism when being detained.

For "whatever reason"??? These black kids are getting shot for reasons you will never find myself nor anyone I affiliate myself doing. The trend I see is an attitude of "f the police" held by many and I think the outrage on this site comes from how people decide to handle what they don't agree with with. If these people had half of an education and had actual jobs, would they be participating in violent protests? I'm doubting so. But thanks for labeling a number of posters as racists bud. You did watch the video in post number 1's link right? It looked like most protestors were not black.

"For whatever reason".........roughly 1/3 of all black men in the US between ages 20-29 are currently in some type criminal supervision...imprisoned, in jail, on parole or probation. Black males make up less than 10% of this nation's population but they make up roughly 50% of all those imprisoned or jailed in this country. "For whatever reason" these statistics aren't what they are because of "old, white dudes" being racist or police conspiracies against black men. I think the video of the Ferguson rioting/looting and recent cop killings speak for themselves as to why these statistics are what they are.

• Upvote 1

Protesters were on the news two nights ago pleading with the Bloomington city attorney to not prosecute the MOA folks and to "put people before corporate profits." She should tell that to the store clerks making $8 or $9 an hour who had to be sent home with no pay because their store had to be closed because of those protesters!

Completely agree with that.

I support protesters rights to protest for what they believe in (let's be smart about where.  It's not all about getting attention.  Sometimes it's about what attention do you want to get.).  And police who are out control need to be held accountable for their actions.    I wouldn't mind seeing these same people protesting against shooting of cops, who are only trying to do their jobs and keep the citizens safe.

John Crawford was shot for carrying a toy gun in the toy aisle at Wal Mart by a police officer who in the surveillance video never even shouts a warning to drop the "weapon".  Crawford literally had zero time to know that he was even being arrested.   Tamir Rice, a 12 year old, was shot by a police officer for playing with a toy gun in a city park.  In the dashboard cam video the officer pulls up and immedialely begins shooting at Tamir before even identifying himself as a police officer.  Basically a drive by killing.  In neither case has the officer been charged. 

That's the type of stuff that these people were protesting.  That's a lot more legitimate than protesting because your taxes are too high or other reasons that conservatives protest.  If anything like this ever happened to a white person this board would go nuts, but for some reason it's OK because these victims are black. 

• Upvote 1

Was waiting for dlsiouxfan to chime in here. Can't wait to hear his justification about the 12 people recently assassinated in France in 3...2...1...

There is no justification for it and the perpetrators are being brought to justice and will, hopefully, pay dearly for the crimes they've committed.  An NAACP office was bombed yesterday as well in a terrorist attack here in the U.S..  Can't wait to hear your justification for that in 3....2.... 1....

John Crawford was shot for carrying a toy gun in the toy aisle at Wal Mart by a police officer who in the surveillance video never even shouts a warning to drop the "weapon". Crawford literally had zero time to know that he was even being arrested. Tamir Rice, a 12 year old, was shot by a police officer for playing with a toy gun in a city park. In the dashboard cam video the officer pulls up and immedialely begins shooting at Tamir before even identifying himself as a police officer. Basically a drive by killing. In neither case has the officer been charged.

That's the type of stuff that these people were protesting. That's a lot more legitimate than protesting because your taxes are too high or other reasons that conservatives protest. If anything like this ever happened to a white person this board would go nuts, but for some reason it's OK because these victims are black.

Toy guns are marked, the kid in Cleveland covered up that mark so it looked real. I bet you missed that fact.

John Crawford was shot for carrying a toy gun in the toy aisle at Wal Mart by a police officer who in the surveillance video never even shouts a warning to drop the "weapon". Crawford literally had zero time to know that he was even being arrested. Tamir Rice, a 12 year old, was shot by a police officer for playing with a toy gun in a city park. In the dashboard cam video the officer pulls up and immedialely begins shooting at Tamir before even identifying himself as a police officer. Basically a drive by killing. In neither case has the officer been charged.

That's the type of stuff that these people were protesting. That's a lot more legitimate than protesting because your taxes are too high or other reasons that conservatives protest. If anything like this ever happened to a white person this board would go nuts, but for some reason it's OK because these victims are black.

There are different sides to both stories. You can choose to pick one side If that's your prerogative. What I have a problem with is the idiots that choose the supposed victim's side and decide to protest violently.

Toy guns are marked, the kid in Cleveland covered up that mark so it looked real. I bet you missed that fact.

bull$%!#, the officer shot within one second of exiting his police car so there is no way he even knew whether the gun was real or not.  The toy gun was also not even in Tamir's hand but was tucked into his waist band.  Pretty much a moot point since Ohio has open carry laws on the books so in both cases for Crawford or Tamir Rice they legally could have brandished ACTUAL guns and not have been breaking the law.

There are different sides to both stories. You can choose to pick one side If that's your prerogative. What I have a problem with is the idiots that choose the supposed victim's side and decide to protest violently.

I guess we have different definitions of protesting violently.  I don't find marching in the street as violent.  If it weren't for MLK and others marching in the street during the Civil Rights movement, we'd still have segregation today.  I do think pointing guns at federal agents and calling for insurrection is violence, but somehow a lot of you were cheerleaders for that type of behavior.

• Upvote 1

http://wreg.com/2014/11/25/salt-lake-cop-cleared-in-shooting-of-unarmed-white-man/

It appears unarmed white men have been killed by cops too.

Yes, and this was excessive and wrong too.  Though I would argue not to the degree of Crawford or Rice's shootings.  Do you think that police officers should ever be held accountable for their actions on the job?

I guess we have different definitions of protesting violently. I don't find marching in the street as violent. If it weren't for MLK and others marching in the street during the Civil Rights movement, we'd still have segregation today. I do think pointing guns at federal agents and calling for insurrection is violence, but somehow a lot of you were cheerleaders for that type of behavior.

Id call the minneapolis protest a violent protest. The road was not blocked off or closed for a protest and the guy driving slowly on the road ended up with people jumping on his hood smashing his windshield.

There is no justification for it and the perpetrators are being brought to justice and will, hopefully, pay dearly for the crimes they've committed.  An NAACP office was bombed yesterday as well in a terrorist attack here in the U.S..  Can't wait to hear your justification for that in 3....2.... 1....

Person of interest is a balding white male in his 40's............not sure what MafiaMan was doing in Colorado though.

Yes, and this was excessive and wrong too. Though I would argue not to the degree of Crawford or Rice's shootings. Do you think that police officers should ever be held accountable for their actions on the job?

Yes I do think they should be held accountable and how haven't they been? Haven't they both faced a jury?

Yes I do think they should be held accountable and how haven't they been? Haven't they both faced a jury?

Crawford's murderer was cleared by a grand jury, while Tamir Rice's has yet to face one.  The record of grand jury's holding police officers accountable is terrible.  Most are made up of retired police officers who pretty much vote to prosecute anyone for pretty much anything, except when the perpetrator is another police officer. Case in point is the grand jury that cleared Darren Wilson, it's now been proven that the prosecutor knowingly allowed a witness to give false testimony in Wilson's favor.  A witness who testified to being at the scene but was not and fabricated evidence to support her story.   Essentially he allowed perjury to prevent Darren Wilson from being prosecuted and should be disbarred though I won't hold my breath.

You lose a lot of credibility by making things like this up.

There is a big difference between what a grand jury is supposed to be and what it actually is.  Retired police officer or not- you usually do not end up on a grand jury unless you're predisposed to charging most people who go before you.  It's also atypical for a prosecutor to present evidence in a suspect's favor or allow them to testify to their innocence before the grand jury, which only seems to happen when the suspect is a police officer.

Crawford's murderer was cleared by a grand jury, while Tamir Rice's has yet to face one. The record of grand jury's holding police officers accountable is terrible. Most are made up of retired police officers who pretty much vote to prosecute anyone for pretty much anything, except when the perpetrator is another police officer. Case in point is the grand jury that cleared Darren Wilson, it's now been proven that the prosecutor knowingly allowed a witness to give false testimony in Wilson's favor. A witness who testified to being at the scene but was not and fabricated evidence to support her story. Essentially he allowed perjury to prevent Darren Wilson from being prosecuted and should be disbarred though I won't hold my breath.

I'm not going to defend the police in these cases because I don't know the truth.

With that said if one of these cops is charged and found to be in the wrong(or wrongfully be found innocent) you won't find me thugging up the streets burning cars and looting businesses.

bull$%!#, the officer shot within one second of exiting his police car so there is no way he even knew whether the gun was real or not. The toy gun was also not even in Tamir's hand but was tucked into his waist band. Pretty much a moot point since Ohio has open carry laws on the books so in both cases for Crawford or Tamir Rice they legally could have brandished ACTUAL guns and not have been breaking the law.

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/24/7275297/tamir-rice-police-shooting

"Rice had in his waistband an airsoft toy gun with the orange safety indicator removed, and police said he reached for it after officers told him to raise his hands. "

Remember he waved it at different people before cops arrived. Here's a hint to not get shot, don't remove the Orange mark, don't wave it at people and don't reach for it when cops arrive.

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/24/7275297/tamir-rice-police-shooting

"Rice had in his waistband an airsoft toy gun with the orange safety indicator removed, and police said he reached for it after officers told him to raise his hands. "

Remember he waved it at different people before cops arrived. Here's a hint to not get shot, don't remove the Orange mark, don't wave it at people and don't reach for it when cops arrive.

Rock solid advice there darell.  Words to live by...literally.

Very unfortunate and really sad ending to a preventable situation...all parties included.