SiouxSports.com Forum

What has changed at REA in 10 years?

Fedorov

Couple more...

They added a display in the concourse honoring the North Dakota state High School champions.

World Junior championship display in the concourse.

A jacket for the Golden Feather club hangs in a display in the concourse.

A couple extra "suites" were added in the corners of the suite level.

Electronic 50/50 tickets, with the running total shown on the video ring in the arena, and with consistently larger payouts than before

An NCHC logo on the ice

Some new conference team banners at one end of the ice for NCHC teams

A Ryan Duncan Hobey Baker display in the lobby

Are they still there? I might have to eat one of those.

Guessing it's the ones from the Carving Station like stand over by the Leinie Lodge.  Always my favorite, and one of the better values at the Ralph, IMHO.  I haven't eaten it this year, but I think it was only $12 last year for a big slice of prime rib on a bread of your choice with chips, potato salad, and a pickle.  Hard to get that in a restaurant for $12.

This is a real thing?! Where do I get one of these beers you speak of that are poured from the bottom of a cup?

I know they use to serve leinies in them. Eliminates the head. Magnetic base holds the beer in. During the band Perry the magnet was a souvenir that's currently on my fridge.

It was always easy for me to park by the nursing building.  It is a shame that the jerseys are different.  I still have the good ones.  The yoga pants sound promising!  

It sounds like I need to get there early to see all of these differences.  What is the best way, other than this site, to find people re-selling tickets?

• Upvote 1

Guessing it's the ones from the Carving Station like stand over by the Leinie Lodge. Always my favorite, and one of the better values at the Ralph, IMHO. I haven't eaten it this year, but I think it was only $12 last year for a big slice of prime rib on a bread of your choice with chips, potato salad, and a pickle. Hard to get that in a restaurant for $12.

MURRAY'S steak sandwich...

Prime rib or pork loin right.....

It's just fantastic...only issue is not getting steak sauce on the jeersey.

All in all best advice is...

Arrive early with a big appetite and a big wallet, and a DD....

It was always easy for me to park by the nursing building. It is a shame that the jerseys are different. I still have the good ones. The yoga pants sound promising!

It sounds like I need to get there early to see all of these differences. What is the best way, other than this site, to find people re-selling tickets?

Craigslist is always my go-to for selling, so I'd try there.

Yes, ushers make people wait until the whistle to go back to their seats. I don't remember this not being the case so that must've a  few years back.

This ain't Mariucci. Unbelievable how many times you have people going in and out all game long while the puck is in play.

Pelawa never played a game at UND...Why would you retire a number for someone who never played (and what number would you retire if you did)?

The NHL retired #99 league-wide despite Wayne Gretzky having played with just Edmonton, Los Angeles, St Louis, and the NY Rangers...MLB has retired the #42 league-wide in honor of Dodger-only Jackie Robinson..the Miami Heat retired #23 in honor of Michael Jordan (dumbest idea ever)...the Seattle Seahawks retired #12 in honor of their fans 30 years ago...the Minnesota Wild retired jersey #1 in honor of their fans as well, I believe on opening night of the franchise...

Calgary honored George Pelawa by setting up a 20 year scholarship fund in his memory. When funds ran out, Pelawa's parents continued the scholarship with their own money. Somehow officials with the Flames organization heard about this and efforts were made to continue the scholarship with help from the Flames and private donations.

Honestly, I couldn't think of a greater tribute than for UND to announce that George Pelawa will also be also be remembered forever along with Terry Casey by the #12. What could have been...a terrible tragedy.