SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Make the refs officiate a fair and honest game then ill win the lottery haha. I couldnt finish that without laughing. The officiating is so horrendous, i literally want to go to their houses and beat the living s@#% out of them then send them to the Small 6 so they can help the goofs be undefeated

Compared to Hockey East refs and B1G refs I'll take the NCHC refs any day.

Outplayed. Overworked. Embarrassed.

I completely disagree. Losing to BSU at home 5-1 is embarassing. Dropping one to a good DU team on their ice after losing our No. 1 centerman for the game just five minutes in and then playing a good third period is just part of hockey. Sorry for the runon sentence lol.

Just got done watching the game via...and I'm left speechless. Not sure if it's the Friday night monkey, but that was some very undisciplined hockey by the Sioux. Sure they couldn't buy a goal, but they didn't have any sustained offense in the first 2 periods. This is a good team, but not sure if there worthy of the #1 ranking, certainly not yet. Hopefully well see a post New Years surge and  begin playing like a team, because tonight they looked like a bunch of individual guys chasing a chicken.

Sucked A?? tonight.

ok I just watched the Macmillan check from behind video, that was bs, the DU guy lost his footing and went down, Mark should backed away but couldnt cuz he was going to fast but knowing Sh*tbreath, he wouldv called him for intent to cfb, ugh i hate these officials. I think i saw 2 missed calls on the Sioux tonight but it's crap like this thats pissing me off

Out hustled, out performed, out played - blown out of the F()ckin house. Embarrassing. WTF.

Again... 5-1 at home to BSU is embarassing. Losing to DU on the road is not. No Mark after a horse crap call and a very even game throughout. DU is good and we had our chances to win this game. Gotta go get the split tomorrow and move on.

• Upvote 1

Again... 5-1 at home to BSU is embarassing. Losing to DU on the road is not. No Mark after a horse crap call and a very even game throughout. DU is good and we had our chances to win this game. Gotta go get the split tomorrow and move on.

Everyone keeps talking about how we lost Mark Mac but we not only lost Mark but this was also the first game without Stecher.  And if a guy wanted to argue that Stecher was/is the best player on this team it would be very hard to discredit.

Now add that to losing Mark Mac and you have the one two punch of the best two players on this team. 

Having said that we knew Stech was out and I am a little frustrated that Hak did not play Mattson.  He is a play maker and Stecher was our QB.  We could have used Mattson.  Mattson should even play over Thompson as they are very very similar in their skill set and style but Mattson is a senior and has a bit more poise than Thompson.

Everyone keeps talking about how we lost Mark Mac but we not only lost Mark but this was also the first game without Stecher. And if a guy wanted to argue that Stecher was/is the best player on this team it would be very hard to discredit.

Now add that to losing Mark Mac and you have the one two punch of the best two players on this team.

Having said that we knew Stech was out and I am a little frustrated that Hak did not play Mattson. He is a play maker and Stecher was our QB. We could have used Mattson. Mattson should even play over Thompson as they are very very similar in their skill set and style but Mattson is a senior and has a bit more poise than Thompson.

Personally, I thought Thompson was great tonight. Solid defensively and was jumping in the play at the right time. I agree Mattson should have played over Panz.

I think losing Mark just 7 minutes in made the difference in the game. Losing our No. 1 centerman and best faceoff man to a garbage call made us shuffle lines up and down the lineup. Pooly had to come up front down the stretch. That call set the tone and we had to play catch up the rest of the way.

Someone help me out. There was a game last year or the year before at Magness where a Denver player clearly dove and drew a penalty on us. I just keep thinking it was Looney??

Anyone remember? We might have the next see-piss here on The Pioneers?

...and I tell ya, it just fits, between the hometown refs, the players-cheap embellishers galore and the FANS!!

Holly Crap the number of run-ins I have with the fans at DU. It is truly unbelievable. For 13 years I have gone to every Sioux game played there,-1, and I can say it is constant and pervasive. It's the same M.O. dude everytime. Just vile characters in that crowd...

This games was a typical game in a series that happens EVERY time UND goes to Denver...absolutely horrendous officiating coupled with undisciplined play by UND. I don't expect both again tonight...nor the same outcome.

Was Panz as bad as some say last night? TH's call didn't make it sound so. I wasn't surpised he played based on his ability to play on the PK...which he did a lot!

I'm just waiting for the Schmaltz brothers to take over this team skill wise and have everyone else step up and follow. IMO they are UND's 2 most talented players, no slight to Drake, but they both can't be so frickin passive for 50+ minutes every night. There were games last season where Jordan was the best player on the ice...by a wide margin but I have yet to see that Jordan once this season.

Was Panz as bad as some say last night? TH's call didn't make it sound so. I wasn't surpised he played based on his ability to play on the PK...which he did a lot!

I'm just waiting for the Schmaltz brothers to take over this team skill wise and have everyone else step up and follow. IMO they are UND's 2 most talented players, no slight to Drake, but they both can't be so frickin passive for 50+ minutes every night. There were games last season where Jordan was the best player on the ice...by a wide margin but I have yet to see that Jordan once this season.

Seemed to me that Ausmus struggled more than Panz last night.

Out hustled, out performed, out played - blown out of the F()ckin house. Embarrassing. WTF.

Comments like these are funny. Not meaning to single you out, but it seems EVERY Sioux loss is the latest and worst loss in college hockey history.

You can practically just copy and paste the usual commentary:

1) totally screwed over by refs - worst officiating I've ever seen. In the history of hockey. Until the next game UND loses...

2) outworked, outhustled, outplayed. Team NEVER puts in a full 60 minutes of effort in a loss. Could be a 7 overtime NCAA tournament loss and someone will complain about the lack of effort. Guaranteed.

3) Hakstol's line-up. Always someone who's in the line-up who shouldn't be. Always. And he probably was a -3 on the score sheet too.

4) Hakstol's line-up part deaux. Always someone in the stands in a suit who no doubt would have put a hat trick on the board had he played. Dammit, Hak.

5) penalty on UND - cue the "TH emphatically disagrees" line. UND would never EVER get a penalty with him in stripes. Pattyn could get a game DQ for running over an opposing player with the zamboni and TH would disagree with the call.

That's the top 5 anyways...I'm sure there are others I've missed...hoping for a better outcome tonight. Go Sioux.

• Upvote 2

Comments like these are funny. Not meaning to single you out, but it seems EVERY Sioux loss is the latest and worst loss in college hockey history.

You can practically just copy and paste the usual commentary:

1) totally screwed over by refs - worst officiating I've ever seen. In the history of hockey. Until the next game UND loses...

2) outworked, outhustled, outplayed. Team NEVER puts in a full 60 minutes of effort in a loss. Could be a 7 overtime NCAA tournament loss and someone will complain about the lack of effort. Guaranteed.

3) Hakstol's line-up. Always someone who's in the line-up who shouldn't be. Always. And he probably was a -3 on the score sheet too.

4) Hakstol's line-up part deaux. Always someone in the stands in a suit who no doubt would have put a hat trick on the board had he played. Dammit, Hak.

5) penalty on UND - cue the "TH emphatically disagrees" line. UND would never EVER get a penalty with him in stripes. Pattyn could get a game DQ for running over an opposing player with the zamboni and TH would disagree with the call.

That's the top 5 anyways...I'm sure there are others I've missed...hoping for a better outcome tonight. Go Sioux.

Just for the record, the officiating was brutal last night. So, that line is officially true. 

I still laugh at fans who couldn't wait to leave WCHA officiating behind...did folks think new officiating crews would fall out of the sky or what?

Ah, that's the problem, they started a new league and then took all of the horrible officials with them. Epic fail.