SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Comments like these are funny. Not meaning to single you out, but it seems EVERY Sioux loss is the latest and worst loss in college hockey history.

You can practically just copy and paste the usual commentary:

1) totally screwed over by refs - worst officiating I've ever seen. In the history of hockey. Until the next game UND loses...

2) outworked, outhustled, outplayed. Team NEVER puts in a full 60 minutes of effort in a loss. Could be a 7 overtime NCAA tournament loss and someone will complain about the lack of effort. Guaranteed.

3) Hakstol's line-up. Always someone who's in the line-up who shouldn't be. Always. And he probably was a -3 on the score sheet too.

4) Hakstol's line-up part deaux. Always someone in the stands in a suit who no doubt would have put a hat trick on the board had he played. Dammit, Hak.

5) penalty on UND - cue the "TH emphatically disagrees" line. UND would never EVER get a penalty with him in stripes. Pattyn could get a game DQ for running over an opposing player with the zamboni and TH would disagree with the call.

That's the top 5 anyways...I'm sure there are others I've missed...hoping for a better outcome tonight. Go Sioux.

Ok, so 1 & 5 and 3 & 4 are duplicates...

They got beat 4-1.... What do you expect?

Typical for you though. You're always right. Everyone else is stupid.

• Upvote 1

Ok, so 1 & 5 and 3 & 4 are duplicates...

They got beat 4-1.... What do you expect?

Typical for you though. You're always right. Everyone else is stupid.

It must be hard to be such an angry bitter person, passit. Best wishes to you and yours this Christmas season.

P.S. Phil Housley sends his regards.

Comments like these are funny. Not meaning to single you out, but it seems EVERY Sioux loss is the latest and worst loss in college hockey history.

You can practically just copy and paste the usual commentary:

1) totally screwed over by refs - worst officiating I've ever seen. In the history of hockey. Until the next game UND loses...

2) outworked, outhustled, outplayed. Team NEVER puts in a full 60 minutes of effort in a loss. Could be a 7 overtime NCAA tournament loss and someone will complain about the lack of effort. Guaranteed.

3) Hakstol's line-up. Always someone who's in the line-up who shouldn't be. Always. And he probably was a -3 on the score sheet too.

4) Hakstol's line-up part deaux. Always someone in the stands in a suit who no doubt would have put a hat trick on the board had he played. Dammit, Hak.

5) penalty on UND - cue the "TH emphatically disagrees" line. UND would never EVER get a penalty with him in stripes. Pattyn could get a game DQ for running over an opposing player with the zamboni and TH would disagree with the call.

That's the top 5 anyways...I'm sure there are others I've missed...hoping for a better outcome tonight. Go Sioux.

I think the refs set the tone when the kicked Mark out because the DU player lost his balance, but they missed the elbow to the head of a Sioux player, then ok take Caggiula to the box for punching the guy in the head but completley miss the reason he did it, the guy has his arm around Caggiulas head and the ref misses that??

Im fine if the Sioux play sloppy and loose, their fault but when the refs set the tone like that then i got nothing.

I think the refs set the tone when the kicked Mark out because the DU player lost his balance, but they missed the elbow to the head of a Sioux player, then ok take Caggiula to the box for punching the guy in the head but completley miss the reason he did it, the guy has his arm around Caggiulas head and the ref misses that??

Im fine if the Sioux play sloppy and loose, their fault but when the refs set the tone like that then i got nothing.

The DU players also did the head snap to sell the Caggiula punch as well. That was a bad call. Denver was diving all over the ice last night.

Personally, I thought Thompson was great tonight. Solid defensively and was jumping in the play at the right time. I agree Mattson should have played over Panz.

I think losing Mark just 7 minutes in made the difference in the game. Losing our No. 1 centerman and best faceoff man to a garbage call made us shuffle lines up and down the lineup. Pooly had to come up front down the stretch. That call set the tone and we had to play catch up the rest of the way.

Agreed Thompson was good. Not sure what game that poster was watching. However both mattson and simo need to play tonight. Both panz and Sanderson stuck out like a sore thumb.

The DU players also did the head snap to sell the Caggiula punch as well. That was a bad call. Denver was diving all over the ice last night.

Don't forget about the devastating blow to the chest that got Pattyn a roughing penalty after a front of the net scrum. Dude's head flew back like he got shot in the back haha.

Even the DU tv announcers acknowledged why Cagiulla retaliated with the punch (the textbook horse collar) but, as they said, the refs will almost always get the guy who retaliates.

I will bet that UND has learned a hard lesson in DU's style of play (the dives, embellishments, etc) and play a smarter, more disciplined game. God knows, we won't be given any favors by the officials so we better darn well do our best to stay out of the box.

Even the DU tv announcers acknowledged why Cagiulla retaliated with the punch but, as they said, the refs will almost always get the guy who retaliates.

I will bet that UND has learned a hard lesson in DU's style of play (the dives, embellishments, etc) and play a smarter, more disciplined game. God knows, we won't be given any favors by the officials so we better darn well do our best to stay out of the box.

Why does it take 24 hours to learn that lesson?  Right after the Mac penalty you knew the refs were going to blow their whistles at UND every chance they got....  why can't this team make adjustments during play?   UND just kept losing their cool and taking penalties which cost them a chance at the game.

Why does it take 24 hours to learn that lesson? Right after the Mac penalty you knew the refs were going to blow their whistles at UND every chance they got.... why can't this team make adjustments during play? UND just kept losing their cool and taking penalties which cost them a chance at the game.

Sometimes I think that's easier said than done. A guy cross checks you in the face, it'd be tough to not react...

Sometimes I think that's easier said than done. A guy cross checks you in the face, it'd be tough to not react...

It's not impossible by any stretch of the imagination to ask your veteran players not to retaliate after every little thing DU does to get under their skin... I mean come on, Drake punched a guy.  When isn't that going to be called?  And let's be real here, DU wasn't dodging penalties all night for cross checks to the face.  

The officiating was horrid last night, no doubt, but it's not like that's a first for UND.  There are times where Hak seems to lose control of his players...  This isn't anything new.  

It's not impossible by any stretch of the imagination to ask your veteran players not to retaliate after every little thing DU does to get under their skin... I mean come on, Drake punched a guy. When isn't that going to be called? And let's be real here, DU wasn't dodging penalties all night for cross checks to the face.

The officiating was horrid last night, no doubt, but it's not like that's a first for UND. There are times where Hak seems to lose control of his players... This isn't anything new.

Drakes punch was a retaliation to a cross check to his face, at least according to Hennesy.

Hak loses control of his players? Come on, is this going to spiral into a 'what has Hak done for me lately?' discussion.

We can never lose because we have 2 very key guys out and just didn't have our best game and got beat. It always has to come back to the coach and how he didn't take a timeout and give a 'go get one for the gipper' speech.