SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Drakes punch was a retaliation to a cross check to his face, at least according to Hennesy.

Hak loses control of his players? Come on, is this going to spiral into a 'what has Hak done for me lately?' discussion.

We can never lose because we have 2 very key guys out and just didn't have our best game and got beat. It always has to come back to the coach and how he didn't take a timeout and give a 'go get one for the gipper' speech.

Drake was not cross checked in the face.... the DU guy definitely should have been called for a penalty but not for that.

I forgot that here on SS Hak is off limits for criticism.... :silly:  

If I was a coach and one of my players punched a guy in retaliation I would be having words with him, not the refs.

Drake was not cross checked in the face.... the DU guy definitely should have been called for a penalty but not for that.

If I was a coach and one of my players punched a guy in retaliation I would be having words with him, not the refs.

Haha the classic 'no cricism of hak allowed on here' victim card. I love it! It's like we're dancing!

Seriously though, I'm critical of Hak plenty but it's not my default response to one loss on the road to a good team. Why not focus on the pucks in prime scoring areas that we couldnt bury?

And with all due respect, if you were the coach I'd be scared for our programs future.

I have no problem with Jewels throwing a punch there, and I have no problem with him going to the box for it. However the DU player should've gone too.

Sioux hockey players shall never back down from a physical confrontation.

I have no problem with Jewels throwing a punch there, and I have no problem with him going to the box for it. However the DU player should've gone too.

Sioux hockey players shall never back down from a physical confrontation.

Sure, but be ready to accept the missed initial penalties, take the 2:00 minor, and enjoy playing on the PK.

Haha the classic 'no cricism of hak allowed on here' victim card. I love it! It's like we're dancing!

Seriously though, I'm critical of Hak plenty but it's not my default response to one loss on the road to a good team. Why not focus on the pucks in prime scoring areas that we couldnt bury?

And with all due respect, if you were the coach I'd be scared for our programs future.

Victim card?  That's good for a chuckle.  The truth about last night is that UND played listless hockey for the first two periods and undisciplined hockey for all three.  You can say that is all on the players but I think the coach bears responsibility as well.  The refs didn't cost us the game last night.

Sure, but be ready to accept the missed initial penalties, take the 2:00 minor, and enjoy playing on the PK.

I'll take a couple of those pks if it reinforces that we will not be intimidated or pushed around the rink. It's a long season, and even if you lose a couple games in Dec for being "un disciplined" a hockey team is better when the players stick up physically for themselves and their teammates. Intimidation is powerful juju.

• Upvote 1

Victim card? That's good for a chuckle. The truth about last night is that UND played listless hockey for the first two periods and undisciplined hockey for all three. You can say that is all on the players but I think the coach bears responsibility as well. The refs didn't cost us the game last night.

Well that's the same response verbatim people love to use. I made no indication that you can't be critical of the coach. Just saying we lost 1 game and are still 12-4-3, let's maybe wait to condemn Hakstol's "control" of his players until we get swept :)

Maybe they did play "listless" but it's one game, when it becomes a trend I'll take notice.

Just saw the replay of Caggiula penalty, definitely not a cross check so TH missed that call. Guy instead wrapped his stick around Drakes neck and then did 'I'm not holding' hands up move everyone does when they definitely held the guy.

Then the reaction of the Pioneer player was hilarious after Caggiulas jab. Grabs his helmet so the ref knows where it hurts.

In my opinion, I like to see a UND team that plays on the edge of physicality and penalties and doesn't let teams clutch and grab them all over the ice. When the refs move that edge to where they see fit, it makes it tough for our team to adjust because that's where we get our advantage from.

As far as the coach goes, I'd prefer he stand up for our guys on the ice because they'll be much more willing to go to battle for him and buy in. Just my 2 cents though.

DU has had to make some changes to their constant holding and interference days when they won the 2 championships, but they still get away with more than any other team. Adding frequent embellishment to their game has made them nearly as affective as before

Was at the game last night cheering against the Sioux sitting right dead in the middle of Sioux section. My first ever college hockey game. You guys fans bring it. I was impressed by the constant jiving and the chants your section does. You're hockey team didn't bring it as much. I was shocked at my brother in law keep telling me you guys were #1.  Will tonight be any different?

Was at the game last night cheering against the Sioux sitting right dead in the middle of Sioux section. My first ever college hockey game. You guys fans bring it. I was impressed by the constant jiving and the chants your section does. You're hockey team didn't bring it as much. I was shocked at my brother in law keep telling me you guys were #1.  Will tonight be any different?

You a DU fan?

Of course Mike Chambers thought the call on MacMillan was correct.

UND played without first-line center Mark MacMillan after the first 7:08 of the game, following his checking-from-behind major and game misconduct. He drove DU's Zac Larraza dangerously into the boards. The penalty helped the Pioneers produce 12 of the 19 shots in the first period.

I'll say this one last time...last night's game is the way one of these series's games always goes every trip to DU. How can anyone be shocked by the officiating, the loss of composure/discipline by UND and the result.

Now if all 3 things happen again tonight........

I'll say this one last time...last night's game is the way one of these series's games always goes every trip to DU. How can anyone be shocked by the officiating, the loss of composure/discipline by UND and the result.

Now if all 3 things happen again tonight........

Last year I thought UND was clearly the better team in both games, despite losing one. Last night I didn't think so. Hopefully they bring the sharpness tonight.

Last year I thought UND was clearly the better team in both games, despite losing one. Last night I didn't think so. Hopefully they bring the sharpness tonight.

Brittan did stand on his head but UND had a ton of penalties. 9 or 10 if my memory is correct.