SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Denver

AZSIOUX

I actually thought that when I was there last year...until DU scored. Then I realized the building was only about 40% Sioux fans.

I almost went this year, it's not all that expensive to fly from Fargo, ND. On my bucket list of places to go to.

GoalieMask was asking me about bars close to Magness to hang out before and after the games as he'll be coming out for the series. Thought I'd share my response for anyone else coming to Denver...

Yah, there's some fun bars within walking distance of Magness Arena! Spanky's Urban Roadhouse, Crimson & Gold Bar, and The Pioneer are just a few that are nearby and will be packed with UND and DU fans! My advice is to arrive early though, otherwise you'll be lucky if you can find a place to stand! Have fun and let's hope UND wins!

Dan

Let's take over The Stadium Inn bar!

Yah, LoDo in downtown Denver is the place to be if you're staying downtown. There's also a bunch of bars and restaurants on the 16th street mall with a free bus line that runs up and down the mall.

If you don't feel like dealing with the hassles of driving and parking at Magness, you can buy a ticket to take the light rail. The light rail has two stations downtown that run up and through DU. There's a station within eye sight of Magness that you get off at. It's called University Station.

Just a word of advice for those who it is their first time to Magness.  The arena is right off I25 and it is worth getting to the area of the arena before 4pm.  This will spare you sitting in rush hour traffic right before the game.  Rush hour through that stretch of highway is horrible. Also worth finding a different route or even taking the light rail in my opinion.  Looking forward to helping all my fellow Sioux fans blow the roof off of Magness.  Lets get a couple wins boys!  

If anyone needs tickets for Friday, I have a pair for sale in the ticket section of the forum.

Just a word of advice for those who it is their first time to Magness. The arena is right off I25 and it is worth getting to the area of the arena before 4pm. This will spare you sitting in rush hour traffic right before the game. Rush hour through that stretch of highway is horrible. Also worth finding a different route or even taking the light rail in my opinion. Looking forward to helping all my fellow Sioux fans blow the roof off of Magness. Lets get a couple wins boys!

If anyone needs tickets for Friday, I have a pair for sale in the ticket section of the forum.

So true! If driving up from the south, you might want to get off I-25, head west, and then go north on University Blvd. You can avoid potential bumper to bumper traffic on the interstate.

Yah, LoDo in downtown Denver is the place to be if you're staying downtown. There's also a bunch of bars and restaurants on the 16th street mall with a free bus line that runs up and down the mall.

If you don't feel like dealing with the hassles of driving and parking at Magness, you can buy a ticket to take the light rail. The light rail has two stations downtown that run up and through DU. There's a station within eye sight of Magness that you get off at. It's called University Station.

Tilted Kilt.

Does anyone know of any viewing options this weekend besides NCHC TV?  I want to say I remember seeing that one of these games would be Nationally broadcast, but I can't remember for certain.

Edit:  Nevermind, I should have looked a little further down on the main hockey page.