SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. LSSU - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

A high ankle sprain, if a serious one, can be worse than a non surgical break as far a as recovery. 6 weeks in general a minimum. Sometimes longer to heal and can linger if reaggervated in any way. These are typically a season long issue.

Not sure where the pessimism comes in. IMO, despite being behind on Friday, UND never let off the gas. Saturday, they took care of biz with a team trying to play defense. Got it done.

Injuries happen. Part of the game. I don't think there needs to be any spin. It was a good weekend. Sure we lost a good player, but we got two back (Caggs and OD). Great depth on the D corps. We'll be just fine. Much more concerned with Stetcher's development as opposed to if the team can bounce back without him.

Not sure where the pessimism comes in. IMO, despite being behind on Friday, UND never let off the gas. Saturday, they took care of biz with a team trying to play defense. Got it done.

Injuries happen. Part of the game. I don't think there needs to be any spin. It was a good weekend. Sure we lost a good player, but we got two back (Caggs and OD). Great depth on the D corps. We'll be just fine. Much more concerned with Stetcher's development as opposed to if the team can bounce back without him.

Yup, we haven't reached our full potential but what year have we reached it by December? All I know is we're 12-3-2 and continuing to learn to win. I think some more conference action in the 2nd half will help this team grow.

Interesting that the lake coach is ripping the officials by "inserting themselves in the game" making the delay of game call when the coach tried to change players after an icing. That's on you coach, you did delay the game with that action. When you're getting late pp's on weak calls you have to expect the marbles getting heavy and shouldn't give them the chance to make an obvious call.

A high ankle sprain, if a serious one, can be worse than a non surgical break as far a as recovery. 6 weeks in general a minimum. Sometimes longer to heal and can linger if reaggervated in any way. These are typically a season long issue.

Non surgical fracture: usually predict 6 weeks to heal. High ankle sprain if properly taken care of and rehabbed should not be 6 weeks as rule of thumb. With all due respects to "Dr. Hennessy", the fact that he was still in our locker room, doesn't mean much. Last time I was there, I understood we have X-ray capabilities on site. The way he reacted on the ice made me think he broke his ankle or leg. Hopefully only sprained, high or low.

Hak had better not sell this as a great weekend.

Denver will be harder.

Not sure what that means. Friday night was great comeback against a team that isn't very good but was up 4-1. We were hustling and playing hard but had given up some goals we shouldn't have. Sat night we controlled game, Zane gave up a cupcake and we came away with a sweep. Student fans didn't show and didn't participate after the usual embarrassing " who's he he sucks sh.." crap. It was a great weekend to be a Sioux fan. When I see a post right after the game that says nothing but points out the obvious (Denver is a lot better than LSS), I wonder what your mindset is. Hakstol isn't selling any thing. It seems some people think any team that isn't BC, Denver, or the gophers aren't capable of playing hockey. That kind of thinking can get you beat.

Interesting that the lake coach is ripping the officials by "inserting themselves in the game" making the delay of game call when the coach tried to change players after an icing. That's on you coach, you did delay the game with that action. When you're getting late pp's on weak calls you have to expect the marbles getting heavy and shouldn't give them the chance to make an obvious call.

I wasn't too impressed with their coach, he was whining a lot both nights.  He was taking the officials to task after the game was over Friday Night too.

It seems some people think any team that isn't BC, Denver, or the gophers aren't capable of playing hockey. That kind of thinking can get you beat.

Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. That's why they play the games. There's been quite a few "bad teams" that have beaten good teams this year. 

I thought the Lakers played better Saturday night and had much greater influence on the flow of the game then. The Sioux were focused on the D game, obviously, but the Lakers were winning more puck battles and not allowing as many prime scoring opportunities.

Nobody knows what other injuries players are dealing with, Patyn going through the handshake line was going with the left hand which looked weird.

That was odd - I was watching and wondering what might be going on.

I thought the Lakers played better Saturday night and had much greater influence on the flow of the game then. The Sioux were focused on the D game, obviously, but the Lakers were winning more puck battles and not allowing as many prime scoring opportunities.

I'll give you that they did play better on Saturday, but I never felt like LSSU was really a threat during the game.  A big change was that we actually won face-offs in the first half of the game on Saturday.  It seemed like we lost most of the early ones on Friday, which lead directly to their scoring chances.  Simonson did a great job in that respect, especially considering how outsized/outmuscled he appeared to be at time, only to win the puck cleanly.

I know this isn't the place for this, but it doesn't merit its own thread. I can't seem to get to the siouxsports main page. I can get directly to the forums, but not the main page. Is this a problem on my end, or is it the same for everyone?

Same thing

I know this isn't the place for this, but it doesn't merit its own thread. I can't seem to get to the siouxsports main page. I can get directly to the forums, but not the main page. Is this a problem on my end, or is it the same for everyone?

I think it's on everyone's end. It would appear that they have a server problem or they're redesigning the front page.