SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Ranked #1 in uscho.com poll

GoalieMask

I agree that this year's team could make a splash, am stoked as well. They seem to have the right mix of everything right now, except consistency, but that'll come in time.

I wasn't trying to draw you or anyone into an argument over Hakstol's long-term viability. I love the team as well & am the epitome of a homer, but any serious fan should look to all possibilities as to why his storied team isn't bringing home the hardware over such a long period.

I've looked at all the possibilities countless times with fellow diehards and discussed a few on this forum but there's only so much of the discussion I can take on an annual basis. I'm more interested in next week's opponent and where my seats are at for the Fargo regional :)

I agree that this year's team could make a splash, am stoked as well. They seem to have the right mix of everything right now, except consistency, but that'll come in time.

I wasn't trying to draw you or anyone into an argument over Hakstol's long-term viability. I love the team as well & am the epitome of a homer, but any serious fan should look to all possibilities as to why his storied team isn't bringing home the hardware over such a long period. 

Cuz they got beat in the last game they played each year.

What is your source for that tidbit?

Very recently, earlier this season, there was an article on interviews with current hockey players on a number of hockey teams. It may have been all NCHC teams. When asked which opponent arena was the most hostile, The Ralph was the response of almost 100% of the players interviewed. A few threw in the names of other arenas as being close, but The Ralph was far and away the one most cited.

I've been looking for the news article, but haven't located it.

What is your source for that tidbit?

I know I've seen opposing players say that in pre-series interviews before, too.  And Eaves made a comment before the series this year about just being thankful that it was in Wisconsin because playing UND at UND would have been too much for his young team.

Very recently, earlier this season, there was an article on interviews with current hockey players on a number of hockey teams. It may have been all NCHC teams. When asked which opponent arena was the most hostile, The Ralph was the response of almost 100% of the players interviewed. A few threw in the names of other arenas as being close, but The Ralph was far and away the one most cited.I've been looking for the news article, but haven't located it.

Got it. I hadn't seen any polls since the WCHA polls they used to do have in the post season WCHA tourney programs. I never saw any team except UND get picked for best logo. UND wasn't always picked as toughest place to play but was a number of years.

What?! LOL, yes I based my opinion on what others wrote; sometimes one has to do that if they don't have the privilege of making it back.

Do I actually have to be in the physical place to have an opinion of something? I know going off others isn't as authentic as those who've actually been there, but it's all I have at my disposal.

So I don't care for Hakstol's post season record & make note of it, big deal. I asked awhile back how long a coach of a storied program should get to bring home a NC & I heard crickets in return. So you tell me, wise one, how long should his leash be? 10, 20 years? No leash?

It seems pretty petty that you'd get your panties in a bunch over some stranger's (mine) comment about the atmosphere at the Ralph. Big deal what I think how fans act there, it's just a generic comment & I wasn't targeting any one person. Or are you more upset that I mentioned Hakstol's lack of success in the post season? Seems to be a Cult of Personality following with him. One can comment on the players, but people act like they've been off their medication a few days once you bring Hakstol into the conversation.

But I will give you credit for the whale & dolphins comment..

Sorry, couldn't resist!