SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Ranked #1 in uscho.com poll

GoalieMask

Attending games at the Ralph may be the "in thing" for some, but it is too expensive for that to be the case for all. I'd estimate that segment at 10% tops. Those types of fans were there when the new rink opened, but have dwindled away with time. In the section I sit, we see many people that also had seats in the old REA. Nearly doubling the capacity has certainly allowed for different segments of fans to be able to attend games. And I don't get the corporate reference. The seats are pretty full for the most part. You don't see that at in a sometimes sparsely attended Mariucci, where the same "corporate" argument is often conveyed.

Do you make it back to Grand Forks for many games?

Haven't been in Grand Forks since 1990; would love to experience all that is the Ralph..

Thanks for your feedback .. was basing what I said on what I had read from some other posters..

om.gif

COULDN'T CARE LESS!  The expression is COULDN'T CARE LESS!

if you COULD CARE less, it means that you actually care, even if it's only a little. 

:crazy:   :crazy:   :crazy:  

LOL, you usually get this bent out of shape over grammatical mishaps? Too funny.

Season tix cents 82

Cool story, bro. You weren't even born in 82.

I'm confused. Does the %GOBC run Grand Forks AND UND? Or just Grand Forks? And what business do you own? I need to make choices as to my consumption options, and whether I contribute to non-%GOBC businesses or not. Without knowing the involved parties in the %GOBC, how does one make those choices?

Simple questions. 

Attending games at the Ralph may be the "in thing" for some, but it is too expensive for that to be the case for all. I'd estimate that segment at 10% tops. Those types of fans were there when the new rink opened, but have dwindled away with time. In the section I sit, we see many people that also had seats in the old REA. Nearly doubling the capacity has certainly allowed for different segments of fans to be able to attend games. And I don't get the corporate reference. The seats are pretty full for the most part. You don't see that at in a sometimes sparsely attended Mariucci, where the same "corporate" argument is often conveyed.

Do you make it back to Grand Forks for many games?

"Too expensive." I think that's the point that many try and make. Too expensive means less die hard fans might not go because of price. Two people going to the weekends games retails for $200 (not complaining just pointing it out).

Too expensive leads to business buying tickets and giving them away to employees. My best friends dad owns a prominent company in gf and they buy 8 season tickets and give them away at work through a drawing for that weekends games (They also have ad sponsorship at the Ralph).

Yes, UND is an enviable hockey program. It's also greatly respected & the epitome of what a college hockey program should be. But the program didn't become great without great fans who wanted a winner. My first experience with Sioux hockey was as a little boy in 1972. Behind me was a sober middle-aged woman & her friends who were literally yelling at the Sioux for their poor on-ice performance. Fast-forward a generation & that passion has largely been replaced by a corporate mindset & many fans who go to the Ralph because it's the "in" thing to do in the Forks. I wouldn't call that kind of fanbase good for a program & it can be terminal if it goes unchecked. Of course I'm not saying all fans are like this, but a good segment are..Just trying to keep the tradition going, is all..

There is still people literally yelling at the players but at 10-3-2 I haven't found much of a reason to freak out.

Haven't been in Grand Forks since 1990; would love to experience all that is the Ralph..

Thanks for your feedback .. was basing what I said on what I had read from some other posters..

I find it quite hilarious that you haven't stepped foot in, much less been to a game, at The Ralph in 24 years and are critiquing the atmosphere... :silly:

"Too expensive." I think that's the point that many try and make. Too expensive means less die hard fans might not go because of price. Two people going to the weekends games retails for $200 (not complaining just pointing it out).

Too expensive leads to business buying tickets and giving them away to employees. My best friends dad owns a prominent company in gf and they buy 8 season tickets and give them away at work through a drawing for that weekends games (They also have ad sponsorship at the Ralph).

I hear that re: too expensive. Loved the days when you could buy a ticket for $5 after the first period was over. Used that option a considerable number of times between the time I had student tickets until I purchased season tickets. 

As for the bolded part, %GOBC. 

There is still people literally yelling at the players but at 10-3-2 I haven't found much of a reason to freak out.

I find it quite hilarious that you haven't stepped foot in, much less been to a game, at The Ralph in 24 years and are critiquing the atmosphere... :silly:

Like i said, I was basing my opinion on what I had read from some other posters; I thought I made that clear.

You must have a low standard for humor if you find that "quite hilarious".

Slow day on your end?

That team had the best win percentage in hakstols coaching career by a decent margin.

Yet still lost in the semis. And not even to the eventual national champ.

And the regional being in fargo. UND looks to have a chance to make it to Boston.

But the polls and pairwise have a big discrepancy right now for UND.