SiouxSports.com Forum

WORLD JUNIORS - Toronto/Montreal - DEC 25/JAN 5

AZSIOUX

Still 2-0 Finland...8:50 remaining.

Looks like Switzerland will get Germany in the relegation round, a best-of-three set starting on Friday. The winner stays...loser heads down to Division IA next year. Belarus will be a newcomer at this tournament next year as well.

I guess it's hard for the refs to call it a no goal being that it was Team Canada...in Canada.

That was a no-win situation for the USA.

Why, so they can be booed? Refs should not play favorites for who's home just because they are afraid of getting ridiculed. It's gonna happen anyways.

how come the US and Canada are always in the same bracket or group at the world juniors?

Pools are based on last year's results, hence you see #1 Finland in one pool and #2 Sweden in the other. #3 Russia goes into the pool with #2 and #'s 4 and 5 join #1. Canada was 4th last year and USA was 5th.

So what are the rules for goalie interfarence, anyone? I just thought you couldnt be in the blue paint sense the ref stopped the play when the US player was in it and the canads player clearly touched Demko, can any one explain this? Goon?

The puck was inside the blue paint before the Canada player was is how the referee interpreted the play. However, just because the puck is inside the area doesn't mean the opposition can shove the goalie with the purpose of pushing the puck across the goal line.

The puck was inside the blue paint before the Canada player was is how the referee interpreted the play. However, just because the puck is inside the area doesn't mean the opposition can shove the goalie with the purpose of pushing the puck across the goal line.

Starman explained the call on Twitter. Pretty much the initial call stands unless there was obvious evidence the puck didn't cross the line. Goalie interference itself isn't reviewable I think

Starman explained the call on Twitter. Pretty much the initial call stands unless there was obvious evidence the puck didn't cross the line. Goalie interference itself isn't reviewable I think

So, going forward for team USA, get the puck in the crease and have someone pummel the goalie and get the puck across the goal line by any means possible. Good goal.

So, going forward for team USA, get the puck in the crease and have someone pummel the goalie and get the puck across the goal line by any means possible. Good goal.

I give you a copy of the game plan in confidence and you go and do this ... < sigh > ... 

Yep cannot be reviewed which is complete BS. From now on crash the net and crash it hard.

I agree that should have been a no goal, per International rules. That his a goal in the NHL though. Tendy barely was touched. But again, per iihf rules I do think that should have been a no goal. Unfortunate and that was terrible timing.

Haha pummel is a stretch :)

Unfortunately this is a lot like reading a Maple Leafs thread following most of their games which in summary typically read:  "It must have been the officiating because there is no way that giving up 41 shots should have cost us the game".   Some of you might not like my opinion; however I would offer that your D is not as strong as in past years and some of the forwards are not playing good two way hockey.  Unless the forwards can compensate a bit so that the US plays less time in their own zone you will have a tough time getting through both the Russians and Swedes.   

• Upvote 2