SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone having problems with NCHC.tv tonight

SiouxFan in DU Country

No, although it is certainly improved over the early years. This weekend is a good example - nothing but the radio announcers talking with their mikes on between periods. Camera shots from 8000 feet away from the action (CC - OK slight exaggeration). The quality of the feed from WMU has been barely watchable. At least most of the freezing issues have improved. I think that the league needs to get on the schools to get their act together. After all, this is supposed to be the country's premier hockey league.

54 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

No, although it is certainly improved over the early years. This weekend is a good example - nothing but the radio announcers talking with their mikes on between periods. Camera shots from 8000 feet away from the action (CC - OK slight exaggeration). The quality of the feed from WMU has been barely watchable. At least most of the freezing issues have improved. I think that the league needs to get on the schools to get their act together. After all, this is supposed to be the country's premier hockey league.

Next year, I won't be spending $26.00 a month for NCHC.TV. The Miami feed/broadcast was by far the worst. I think C.C. was a little better.  Good thing that MIDCO produced the UNO series or it would've been a train wreck, too. UMD was okay, if you could stomach their homer announcers. 

3 minutes ago, Goon said:

Next year, I won't be spending $26.00 a month for NCHC.TV. The Miami feed/broadcast was by far the worst. I think C.C. was a little better.  Good thing that MIDCO produced the UNO series or it would've been a train wreck, too. UMD was okay, if you could stomach their homer announcers. 

You pay $26? :huh: 

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

Ah. I was wondering why you were paying $10 more. 

I think I wasted my money, I only watch two broadcasts that weren't UND focused. One SCSU game and one DU game. 

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

For the price, would most say they were satisfied with NCHC TV?

Yes...for me, just being able to watch all the home games is well worth it.  I bought the season pass for $95; if you buy it during the early signup, you get the entire league’s games for the same price.

The production value of the games outside of UND range from so-so to downright terrible but at least you get the game.

2 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

So next season I expect to have a different living arrangement, and am contemplating no cable just internet.  Will I my Sioux hockey addiction be a problem?  Is NCHC.com boondoggle worth the expense & aggravation?

Compared to cable, yes. 

Just now, 90siouxfan said:

So next season I expect to have a different living arrangement, and am contemplating no cable just internet.  Will I my Sioux hockey addiction be a problem?  Is NCHC.com boondoggle worth the expense & aggravation?

I have no cable and have been fine with streaming for the last 5 seasons. Not getting the games broadcast on CBS Sports is annoying, but other than that I’m content. I remember when we used to not be able to get away broadcasts at all so I’m okay with dealing with mediocrity from time to time. 

• 9 months later...

new to nchc.tv...works perfect on an iphone/ipad but myself and a friend both had android phones (one pixel 3 and one samsung s10) last night and the cast feature was not there so we had to mirror my screen which was horrible...we switched to an ipad for the 3rd period and everything worked fine?  so bottom line android is not good with nchc.tv?

On 1/4/2020 at 4:57 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

emailed nchc.tv...the response was so quick im assuming it was from a robot...sounds like casting from an android phone doesn't work?  if this is true shouldn't they say that in bold letters on top of their page?

There's an NCHC.tv Android app that works great, casting and all. Use same credentials to get logged in. I haven't used it this year, and they did change to Sidearm Sports rather than Neulion, but I would be surprised if that feature went away.

5 hours ago, SiouxTupa said:

There's an NCHC.tv Android app that works great, casting and all. Use same credentials to get logged in. I haven't used it this year, and they did change to Sidearm Sports rather than Neulion, but I would be surprised if that feature went away.

u on android or iphone?

13 hours ago, SiouxTupa said:

Android, Pixel 3. Last time I cast with the app was last season, but it did work.

i have the same phone and there wasn't a cast button but this the first time subscribing....so not sure why thre was one last year but not this year...

12 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

My android app doesn't have the cast button either. Definitely my biggest problems with NCHC.tv, because it worked fine last season. Now I have to cast it from my laptop which is a big pain.

when you say cast from your laptop do you mean the generic cast button that casts your whole screen or a dedicated cast button like they use with netflix and hbo go?  

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

when you say cast from your laptop do you mean the generic cast button that casts your whole screen or a dedicated cast button like they use with netflix and hbo go?  

If you go to the nchc.tv website from the phone browser and start streaming a game, is there's cast button in that video window? That's really lame that the app functionality seems to have decreased.

A cheap Roku fixes the issue quick, but shouldn't be necessary with proper phone casting, which we had last year.

• Upvote 2