SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ #6 Eastern Washington; Nov. 1, 2014

UND-FB-FAN

Big upset today.  Studsrud has a big day.

I remember another freshman QB starting his first game for the Sioux against the Bison.  Bison were expecting to blow out the Sioux because we ad a green QB.  But UND won and Klancher was the QB.  Studsrud rules today. 

Strength program has always been questionable at UND since going DI. Important to note that the strength staff is the one carry over from the horrible Mussman era.

NDSU's strength and conditioning program has been spot on in recent years.

IPF should help all this for UND though. Top facility that will get the players more excited about working and improving.

Our strength and conditioning staff is very good. Baukol and Schwenzfeier are top notch. The problem in the Mussman era was players weren't giving their all which kept them from getting the results they could have. I've heard that the last two classes have great work ethics unlike the previous ones which only had a few guys committed to strength and conditioning. Part of the reason NDSU is having such success is because their players are all in for strength and conditioning which translates directly onto the field.

Our strength and conditioning staff is very good. Baukol and Schwenzfeier are top notch. The problem in the Mussman era was players weren't giving their all which kept them from getting the results they could have. I've heard that the last two classes have great work ethics unlike the previous ones which only had a few guys committed to strength and conditioning. Part of the reason NDSU is having such success is because their players are all in for strength and conditioning which translates directly onto the field.

We don't put salt in our gator aid, huge disadvantage. (sarcasm)

There a number of guys on this roster that aren't D1 talent if we are going to get real honest.

That's true, but it sends the wrong message entirely to throw someone in there just to preserve a year of the future. We are playing true freshman everywhere on the field....I am actually to see excited how the kid does. There is no better on the job training for a athletic QB  than going against a high powered offense that has a sloppy defense. He should have the ability to make some plays in this game.

I don't care if Hanson is not a D1 qb. The odds of us winning this game are slim to none.

Lloyd Christmas: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

Mary Swanson: Not good.

Lloyd Christmas: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

Mary Swanson: I'd say more like one out of a million.

[pause]

Lloyd Christmas: So you're telling me there's a chance... YEAH!

Anyone know what to expect from the true freshman? How is his mobility, accuracy, and arm strength. Most importantly how is the mental side of his game?

Kinda like a Kelby. A little short and a little light for fbs standards, but has that type of talent. That came from a UND guy under Muss.