SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Providence - Saturday

AZSIOUX

More of a grind it out type game tonight but I thought it was a solid performance even with the win slipping away. Good to see another guy get his first goal tonight in Poganski tonight. Really thought Chyzk played well and the play of the Schmaltz line continues to impress me. Zane was very solid again tonight and came up with some really big saves as did Gillies for Providence. How many shots did Providence block tonight it seemed like they were always in shooting lanes?

Actually they haven't this year, but the rest of our non-conference opponents for this year have been brutal so far this season.

17-12-1 by my count with no big-name sweeps and splits against teams like Ohio State, Canisius, Colgate, Bowling Green, and Bemidji State.

I assume he is fine, as he was in warmups but they just used Murphy and Poganski.

I have had to put up with going on 4 years of the OD experiment. Now going on year 2 with the Murphy experiment.. Enough already. If Colton is a healthy scratch for him again............ There were 4 forwards Colton was way better than Friday yet he sits for Murphy?

• Upvote 1

Im not to disappointed - they are a good team & they made adjustments tonight to give them a better chance - I wish we had good ccompetition like that every weekend but I'd like to play like we did Friday every game but at least we know what were capable of

I have had to put up with going on 4 years of the OD experiment. Now going on year 2 with the Murphy experiment.. Enough already. If Colton is a healthy scratch for him again............ There were 4 forwards Colton was way better than Friday yet he sits for Murphy?

O'Donnell is invisible most of the time, unless he is going to the box or misses the net.  What has he done to earn all this ice time?  Thank God he is a senior.

PC HC "....little disappointed we didn't WIN the game."

Ummmmmm...your team is grossly overrated from what I saw in 2 nighrs. Got totally out played for most of the 125 minutes and you get a good bounce goal w 38 seconds left to eek out a tie.

Hak post game is all "coach" speak but least he is never delusional.

PC HC "....little disappointed we didn't WIN the game."

Ummmmmm...your team is grossly overrated from what I saw in 2 nighrs. Got totally out played for most of the 125 minutes and you get a good bounce goal w 38 seconds left to eek out a tie.

DISCLAIMER: My family has roots about 15 minutes away from Providence College so I've followed them over the years - devil's advocate rebuttal.

Providence College, among many other schools like UNH, Maine, UMass-Lowell, etc., have long played second-fiddle to BC and BU out in Hockey East. I think Nate Leaman is working hard to change the culture where wins against top programs are EXPECTED, not hoped for. This was a "put-the-team-on-the-hockey-map" series for the Friars and it didn't go well for them. The squad was lucky to eke out a tie last night. I can understand his and the team's disappointment and think that that didn't exactly come across the way he wanted to in his comments.

Of course, devil's devil's advocate might suggest he's just another hoity-toity east coast prick who believes anything west of Philadelphia should be mocked and ridiculed...

• Upvote 1