SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Providence - Saturday

AZSIOUX

17-12-1 by my count with no big-name sweeps and splits against teams like Ohio State, Canisius, Colgate, Bowling Green, and Bemidji State.

But Schlossman said they had the best non-conference record of any league going into the weekend, and considering how bad they were last year, and the first weekend this year, I'll take that.

So....a somewhat familiar scenario over the last few years.

The .6 second goal last April was horrible on every level including the fact that it was an even strength goal. The .2 sec remaining (if my memory serves me correctly) goal in the game against UNH was bad because the face-off was at like 5 seconds to go.

However, last night's goal was simply a goal scored with an extra attacker at the end of the game. It happens. I'm not that concerned about it. There is effectively no difference between a win and a tie and two wins in a non conference series. Just pride I guess. Hey it's a learning experience. Next time the general will stay on his skates or be to sure win that puck battle.

• Upvote 1

The .6 second goal last April was horrible on every level including the fact that it was an even strength goal. The .2 sec remaining (if my memory serves me correctly) goal in the game against UNH was bad because the face-off was at like 5 seconds to go.

However, last night's goal was simply a goal scored with an extra attacker at the end of the game. It happens. I'm not that concerned about it. There is effectively no difference between a win and a tie and two wins in a non conference series. Just pride I guess. Hey it's a learning experience. Next time the general will stay on his skates or be to sure win that puck battle.

The .6 second goal last April was actually a shorthanded goal I believe.