SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

The MVFC doesn't want any more teams, and they certainly don't want any more western teams.  They have expressed that opinion more than once.  That is a major reason why UND ended up in the Big Sky.  That probably won't change until there is a change in membership in the actual Missouri Valley Conference, not just the branch known as the MVFC.

As far as the turnaround in the 90's, that is just part of the cycle of sports.  UND and NDSU have traded superiority several times over the years.  And they will again whether the schools played or not.  It does speak to the mindset of your fanbase when you have a group that is so afraid of playing the game.  If you truly believed that your school was so superior you would be licking your chops at the thought of playing the game.

It may be comforting to believe that UND will inevitably be able to compete at the same level as NDSU...simply because the pendulum always seemed to swing back in the past. Unfortunately, there's no reason to believe that it actually will this time. 

The football gap between the two schools is greater now than it has ever been...NDSU has never had greater advantage than it does right now. If UND doesn't close that gap very soon, IMO, it may never be able to.

UND decided in the mid 2000's was best for the success of their program. Hardly anyone here critiquing that decision back then and you are still defending it now. I come on here and say NDSU not playing UND is best for the success of NDSU and I am a prick and clearly wrong.

I have gone back in sioux sports through 2010 and there was nowhere near this type of support from you guys for this game. Then all of a sudden 2011 happens and you think it is a travesty the game isn't happening on an annual basis. By 2014 you have a state legislature member, UND alum, pushing for the game to be law. Funny Hugh?

The football gap between the two schools is greater now than it has ever been...NDSU has never had greater advantage than it does right now. If UND doesn't close that gap very soon, IMO, it may never be able to.

And that's the sound of the pager going off ... 

"How things are right now is how they'll always be." 

But it still would have been good for the state right? And the people in the state still wanted it back then, right?

You're jumping around to different reasons that don't relate.  Not good for the state when one team has 27 less scholarships and starts losing on an annual basis because of it.  

It may be comforting to believe that UND will inevitably be able to compete at the same level as NDSU...simply because the pendulum always seemed to swing back in the past. Unfortunately, there's no reason to believe that it actually will this time.

The football gap between the two schools is greater now than it has ever been...NDSU has never had greater advantage than it does right now. If UND doesn't close that gap very soon, IMO, it may never be able to.

Omg I didn't realize this was possible. Ndsu football could be better than und indefinitely?

Some of you bison fans on here just make my day. Need a laugh? just log on to siouxsports and read how delirious some of your opinions are. And if ndsu is on a whole nother level right now....why come here to defend your team's honor?

• Upvote 1

It may be comforting to believe that UND will inevitably be able to compete at the same level as NDSU...simply because the pendulum always seemed to swing back in the past. Unfortunately, there's no reason to believe that it actually will this time. 

You guys are precious.  Remember the Mid-80s?  (probably not since most Bison "fans" these days couldn't recall 2008, let alone the 80's)  

But the gap was as big as it possibly could have been in 1985-88.  

You guys are precious.  Remember the Mid-80s?  (probably not since most Bison "fans" these days couldn't recall 2008, let alone the 80's)  

But the gap was as big as it possibly could have been in 1985-88.  

IMO, it's much bigger now...no comparison. Like it or not, there is no assurance that UND can close the gap, especially with the schools in different conferences and not playing every year.

IMO, it's much bigger now...no comparison. Like it or not, there is no assurance that UND can close the gap, especially with the schools in different conferences and not playing every year.

Would the gap close if say, NDSU got slight worse than they are now.  And UND got better than they are now?

Or is it only reliant on UND getting better because NDSU will always be #1?

Is it really that hard to see UND only wanted to play NDSU when the playing field was level?

Why did they play UNI in 2006 then? They were not on a level playing field. Why does UND schedule FBS teams when they are not on a level playing field? You guys are so dam two faced in your arguments. The scholarship debate the good for the state debate. All BS.

UND did not want to help NDSU in 2003 or 2004 and thought they would fail at D1 athletics. The time has turned and now you want to play NDSU to earn your credibility in recruiting battles. Nothing else could explain that desperate humiliating offer UND accepted from NDSU to play in 2015 and 2019. No football program who is on a level playing field, as you oh so frequently remind NDSU of, would accept a ludicrous offer like that other than a bottom feeder program trying to do whatever it can to rise up.

In 1981 and 1993, you did not have NDSU playing bitch to UND or UND playing bitch to NDSU like that. The gap now is far greater than it ever has been. You are throwing a Hail Mary with NDSU sitting there having nothing to gain.

Why did they play UNI in 2006 then? They were not on a level playing field. Why does UND schedule FBS teams when they are not on a level playing field? You guys are so dam two faced in your arguments. The scholarship debate the good for the state debate. All BS.

UND did not want to help NDSU in 2003 or 2004 and thought they would fail at D1 athletics. The time has turned and now you want to play NDSU to earn your credibility in recruiting battles. Nothing else could explain that desperate humiliating offer UND accepted from NDSU to play in 2015 and 2019. No football program who is on a level playing field, as you oh so frequently remind NDSU of, would accept a ludicrous offer like that other than a bottom feeder program trying to do whatever it can to rise up.

In 1981 and 1993, you did not have NDSU playing bitch to UND or UND playing bitch to NDSU like that. The gap now is far greater than it ever has been. You are throwing a Hail Mary with NDSU sitting there having nothing to gain.

Pretty passionate about this, aren't you?

Drop the UNI argument.  It was one game that meant nothing to either team emotionally - nothing - just like FBS games that change opponents every year to make money.  The UND/NDSU game would have been EVERY YEAR and was as big a rivalry as there was in D2.  Stop with the stupid comparisons.

Also, you are adding in FBS games that are an FCS scheduling thing.  This was 2003 when UND was D2.  

Would the gap close if say, NDSU got slight worse than they are now.  And UND got better than they are now?

Or is it only reliant on UND getting better because NDSU will always be #1?

Of course both team will continue to go up and down. Nevertheless, NDSU is creating advantages for its football team that will be hard for UND to overcome.

UND did not want to help NDSU in 2003 or 2004 and hoped they would fail at D1 athletics. The time has turned and now you want to play NDSU to earn your credibility in recruiting battles. Nothing else could explain that desperate humiliating offer UND accepted from NDSU to play in 2015 and 2019. No football program who is on a level playing field, as you oh so frequently remind NDSU of, would accept a ludicrous offer like that other than a bottom feeder program trying to do whatever it can to rise up.

FIFY

Bubba has a personal conviction that the game should be played every year and he doesn't care where.  It's as simple as that.  You spin it as you want. 

Boy what leadership you have there in Bubba. A guy who will get down on his knees and give a rival whatever they want.

I would be humiliated if I was an NDSU fan and accepted that offer. Definitely would not be enthusiastic if the guy leading my struggling football program would do something like this.

Boy what leadership you have there in Bubba. A guy who will get down on his knees and give a rival whatever they want.

I would be humiliated if I was an NDSU fan and accepted that offer. Definitely would not be enthusiastic if the guy leading my struggling football program would do something like this.

Wow, you are a piece of work. When your past three pages of arguments doesn't stick just keep on spinning. Truly pathetic. 

I don't get why you would think that.