SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

Is NDSU using more scholarships than UND? Are they playing at a higher level than UND? Or since UND is beating NDSU in other sports you are afraid UND will win in your #1 sport and sending Bisons football back down to earth with SDSU and USD.

UND beating NDSU will obviously help their program and hurt our program.

Why did UND refuse to play NDSU even when the D2 playoff rules changed?

Darrell1976,

There is no point in arguing this. You are wrong, as usual.

You want the game because you think beating NDSU is your key to success. Nothing wrong in admitting it.

UND fans want the game because we are confident we can win.

FU fans don't want the game as they are scared they will lose. 

• Upvote 3

Darrell1976,

You want the game because you think beating NDSU is your key to success. Nothing wrong in admitting it.

Wrong only in your eyes. Don't like it BV is that way----->

Why don't you ask a Coyote fan that? Go on their board and ask them why they stopped playing you in all sports? SDSU had no problem playing us, even doing a home and home. They have class, you guys skip class.

The State of North Dakota, with all of the revenue it has, is an embarrassment in terms of higher education funding, let alone athletics.

Every penny that goes into facilities is done through private donations. Hell the state won't even let UND and NDSU bond for athletic facilities.

The students, alumni, and teammakers members are the ones who make NDSU's athletic success.

Both schools have the same financial issues.  The rules have been pretty much the same for about 40 years and both schools have survived.  The State of North Dakota owns your school.  Therefore the citizens of the State of North Dakota do matter no matter what your small minded opinion might be.  The problem is that many Fargo citizens and NDSU fans can't get past their own delusions of grandeur.

• Upvote 1

Darrell1976,

The only way you can become legit is playing NDSU, I'm sure Incarnate Word is taking that to the bank!!  You are a delusional narcissistic prick.  I know at least 50 NDSU fans.......not by choice but through business.  And, I do a home and away with a few NDSU guys most years, like this year.  I don't know 1 NDSU guy that is against playing UND every year.  But I guess I hang out with real fans that are real men, which is more than I can say about you. 

• Upvote 2

The only way you can become legit is playing NDSU, I'm sure Incarnate Word is taking that to the bank!! You are a delusional narcissistic prick. I know at least 50 NDSU fans.......not by choice but through business. And, I do a home and away with a few NDSU guys most years, like this year. I don't know 1 NDSU guy that is against playing UND every year. But I guess I hang out with real fans that are real men, which is more than I can say about you.

Not delusional it is reality. When UND beat NDSU in the early 90's it turned the table for your program.

Did NDSU ever propose a game after the rules changed?  And there would still be potential reasons for not playing if you are at different levels with different numbers of scholarships.  Schools play up against higher levels for big pay days.  If you are playing home and home series then you don't get the big payday, and would probably have to turn down other opportunities for that pay day.  If the schools are at the same scholarship level there are no reasons not to play the game, and that is the position I have held since the games were initially cancelled.

I have talked to many NDSU fans all over the state.  The only ones that aren't eager for the games to resume are people that don't care about football.  Even casual fans want the schools to play.  The only place I've seen people that are against the games are when Bison fans complain on the internet. 

Not delusional it is reality. When UND beat NDSU in the early 90's it turned the table for your program.

Just like when NDSU beat UND in 1981 it turned the table for your program. By the way UND was #1 in 1981 when you beat us.

If you want to play NDSU every year, why doesn't UND attempt to get into the MV?

The MVFC doesn't want any more teams, and they certainly don't want any more western teams.  They have expressed that opinion more than once.  That is a major reason why UND ended up in the Big Sky.  That probably won't change until there is a change in membership in the actual Missouri Valley Conference, not just the branch known as the MVFC.

As far as the turnaround in the 90's, that is just part of the cycle of sports.  UND and NDSU have traded superiority several times over the years.  And they will again whether the schools played or not.  It does speak to the mindset of your fanbase when you have a group that is so afraid of playing the game.  If you truly believed that your school was so superior you would be licking your chops at the thought of playing the game.

The only way you can become legit is playing NDSU, I'm sure Incarnate Word is taking that to the bank!! You are a delusional narcissistic prick. I know at least 50 NDSU fans.......not by choice but through business. And, I do a home and away with a few NDSU guys most years, like this year. I don't know 1 NDSU guy that is against playing UND every year. But I guess I hang out with real fans that are real men, which is more than I can say about you.

Look at the comments the IW coach made before the NDSU on what a win against NDSU would do for their program.

Did NDSU ever propose a game after the rules changed? And there would still be potential reasons for not playing if you are at different levels with different numbers of scholarships. Schools play up against higher levels for big pay days. If you are playing home and home series then you don't get the big payday, and would probably have to turn down other opportunities for that pay day. If the schools are at the same scholarship level there are no reasons not to play the game, and that is the position I have held since the games were initially cancelled.

I have talked to many NDSU fans all over the state. The only ones that aren't eager for the games to resume are people that don't care about football. Even casual fans want the schools to play. The only place I've seen people that are against the games are when Bison fans complain on the internet. [/quote

Fact. Gene Taylor offered UND a four year home and home agreement in 2003. UND turned it down. Gene Taylor is on record in 2004 saying the offer was on the table.

Fact. In July 2004 Roger Thomas is on record with an interview with Patrick Reusse, stating that they will not play NDSU, with maybe the exception of baseball. This was after D2 playoff rules had changed.

UND ended the series. No question about it. Now you want it back because you think it is too important for the state? I guess your university did not think it was that important in 2003 or 2004.

Look at the comments the IW coach made before the NDSU on what a win against NDSU would do for their program.

IW had a thought of winning that game.........hard to believe.  I got it, only teams that play NDSU have a glimmer of hope at legitimacy.  Thanks for setting the record straight.

ame="2011BisonAlumni" post="733110" timestamp="1414608516"]

How about that pesky little issue of 63 vs 36 schollies and adding jucos immediately, etc? Still fair right?

So what. Does UND refuse to play FBS teams due to scholarship differences? Also YOU PLAYED other FCS schools during the NDSU transition. 2006 UNI remember? Your greatest victory ever.

So what. Does UND refuse to play FBS teams due to scholarship differences? Also YOU PLAYED other FCS schools during the NDSU transition. 2006 UNI remember? Your greatest victory ever.

LOL. Great example. One game that meant nothing emotionally to either side. If I was the one with 27 more schollies I would want to keep playing my biggest hated rival every year too.

LOL. Great example. One game that meant nothing emotionally to either side. If I was the one with 27 more schollies I would want to keep playing my biggest hated rival every year too.

But it still would have been good for the state right? And the people in the state still wanted it back then, right?