SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

Boy what leadership you have there in Bubba. A guy who will get down on his knees and give a rival whatever they want.

I would be humiliated if I was an NDSU fan and accepted that offer. Definitely would not be enthusiastic if the guy leading my struggling football program would do something like this.

Why would you be humiliated?

Teams who are on the same level do not accept two games on the road for peanuts.

Has there ever been a program that has accepted something so ridiculous?

Things you don't have a grasp on:

1. The concepts of gross and net

2. The concept of alumni and alumnus (multiple posters/personalities?)

3. The history of the UND/NDSU football series

4. What is and is not good for UND football

Teams who are on the same level do not accept two games on the road for peanuts.

Has there ever been a program that has accepted something so ridiculous?

Do you realize the 2019 game is 5 more seasons away?  Who cares.  UND's schedule is full between now and then anyway so it really didn't make a difference.  You guys act like it was back to back seasons.  

Why would you be humiliated?

Don't be ridiculous! This is the sort of offer a dominant program makes to a lower-level cream-puff...certainly not to an equal. The fact that UND accepted it is evidence of just how far UND football has fallen.

Don't be ridiculous! This is the sort of offer a dominant program makes to a lower-level cream-puff...certainly not to an equal. The fact that UND accepted it is evidence of just how far UND football has fallen.

I guess we'll find out soon enough!  

Things you don't have a grasp on:

1. The concepts of gross and net

2. The concept of alumni and alumnus (multiple posters/personalities?)

3. The history of the UND/NDSU football series

4. What is and is not good for UND football

1. I realize it very well. It is still a !@#!$ deal.

2. I had a cousin and best friend who graduated with me in 2011. Represents a fantasy football team name that we have together. I get the concept very well.

3. I get the history very well but it is apparent your fan base doesn't as the lines of what happened in 2003 are very skewed and blurred by your fan base. History did not mean jack !@#$ to you back then and you flushed away an annual rivalry game when it did not have to be.

4. I understand what is best for UND football. Playing NDSU in order to hopefully win and start getting recruits. Bubba knows this.

I really don't belong in this conversation but my opinion is that UND and RT screwed up pretty big by not continuing to play NDSU.  I don't care if the reasons at the time seemed or were valid.  IMO the game was bigger than that and they made the choice not to play.  If they would have worked something out we would not be having this pissing contest right now. 

2. I had a cousin and best friend who graduated with me in 2011. Represents a fantasy football team name that we have together. I get the concept very well.

3. I get the history very well but it is apparent your fan base doesn't as the lines of what happened in 2003 are very skewed and blurred by your fan base. History did not mean jack !@#$ to you back then and you flushed away an annual rivalry game when it did not have to be.

4. I understand what is best for UND football. Playing NDSU in order to hopefully win and start getting recruits. Bubba knows this.

They're going to line up and play next season, whether you like it or not.  And co-managing fantasy football teams never works.  

I really don't belong in this conversation but my opinion is that UND and RT screwed up pretty big by not continuing to play NDSU.  I don't care if the reasons at the time seemed or were valid.  IMO the game was bigger than that and they made the choice not to play.  If they would have worked something out we would not be having this pissing contest right now. 

It was an enormous screw-up.

You need to grow up, Bro.  Its been 11 years.  Grow up.  

The contract has already been signed.  MOVE ON.  

In that case, you'd think the FU administration would have been giddy about getting such a good deal.  Weird how they had to hold a press conference to announce it and they all looked like they would have rather been at a funeral.

In that case, you'd think the FU administration would have been giddy about getting such a good deal.  Weird how they had to hold a press conference to announce it and they all looked like they would have rather been at a funeral.

The same choads that are going to charge a "premium" price for the game ticket next fall.  But, remember, it was just another game to fill the schedule.  Nothing more.  

They were surprised. They didn't realize UND was THAT desperate.

I'm sure NDSU's current advantages are obvious even to you. No need to say anything more than that.

Current advantages...

1. Statewide NBC tv deal.

2. Ability for athletes to get drunk/fight/flea police and stay on the team

3. Athletes can commit voter fraud and still play (Election Day is next Tuesday)

4. Undefeated streak

5. Gameday 2 years in a row

6. 3 straight fcs titles

7. Fbs wins

Am I missing any? Enough to beat your chests about isn't it? So why do you feel the need to even waste your glorious time to come here and defend your great team's honor?