SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Griz Blackout Game Day Thread

geaux_sioux

That is an arrogant and spoiled rotten fan base beginning to realize that their free reign over the State of North Dakota and the Upper Midwest is over.  Their dismissive attitude towards Bubba's hiring in December masked the fear they felt at one of the architect's of UND's successful teams of the recent past coming back to rebuild their long-time hated rival.  What goes around, comes around.  Can you hear the footsteps? :p

Can't you just enjoy another great UND moral victory without bringing up NDSU?  Enjoy the season!

Can't you just enjoy another great UND moral victory without bringing up NDSU?  Enjoy the season!

Uh oh, I touched a Bison nerve! :whistling:

I am not into moral victories at all (unlike Muss and his "toe to toe" crap), but anyone that thinks this program is not headed in the right direction is kidding themselves.  And if Bison fans weren't worried about it, they wouldn't comment on what happens in our games like they are doing.  I thought they didn't care about us anymore? :silly:

Uh oh, I touched a Bison nerve! :whistling:

I am not into moral victories at all (unlike Muss and his "toe to toe" crap), but anyone that thinks this program is not headed in the right direction is kidding themselves.  And if Bison fans weren't worried about it, they wouldn't comment on what happens in our games like they are doing.  I thought they didn't care about us anymore? :silly:

Just shut up.  We have a long way to go to even be relevant in ND again.  Two losses against MT schools don't do anything when they have won 29 in a row.  Just knock it off.

That is an arrogant and spoiled rotten fan base beginning to realize that their free reign over the State of North Dakota and the Upper Midwest is over. Their dismissive attitude towards Bubba's hiring in December masked the fear they felt at one of the architect's of UND's successful teams of the recent past coming back to rebuild their long-time hated rival. What goes around, comes around. Can you hear the footsteps? :p

Serious? Entertaining game but to act like it's going to spearhead us to National Championships is silly. Heading in the right direction and a better brand of football. Let's wait and see how the season plays out

Someone thinks they're a realist when really they're just another pessimistic. Way to go

I recognize the improvement  while still seeing how far apart we are from NDSU.  It looks petty and stupid when our fans do the "sneaking up on them" bit...I'm excited to see continued growth every year and believe Bubba can bring us that, especially when he gets his recruits in.

Irish....do you really think they have completely ignored the snap issue and not mentioned it and focused on it in practice?  Obviously the kid is still struggling....and I'm as pissed off about it as you...believe me....it is ridiculous.   But blaming the coaches is like blaming Phil Jackson for Shaq's missed free throws.

Just shut up.  We have a long way to go to even be relevant in ND again.  Two losses against MT schools don't do anything when they have won 29 in a row.  Just knock it off.

But they really were wins in UND fans minds. Maybe, just maybe, Montana didn't bring their A game because it was a game they should have won easily and UND was thinking this was a big game for them. They also left their best receiver and tight end at home and their best (and by a long way their best) QB got hurt and left the game early. Montana didn't look to be into the game just like NDSU didn't look to be in the WIU game today.

I know UND fans like to make fun of the "It's the Super Bowl for whoever is playing NDSU" thought, but it is. Just ask the Montana coach. Before the NDSU game, he said he could say the NDSU game is just another game but he would be lying. A couple of players from Western Illinois said before the game this week that a win against NDSU for be a program changer. 

The real test for how far UND has come is later in the season when they are playing an Idaho State or Weber State or Northern Colorado, teams that will have no reason to overlook UND or take a win against UND as a given. 

But they really were wins in UND fans minds. Maybe, just maybe, Montana didn't bring their A game because it was a game they should have won easily and UND was thinking this was a big game for them. They also left their best receiver and tight end at home and their best (and by a long way their best) QB got hurt and left the game early. Montana didn't look to be into the game just like NDSU didn't look to be in the WIU game today.

I know UND fans like to make fun of the "It's the Super Bowl for whoever is playing NDSU" thought, but it is. Just ask the Montana coach. Before the NDSU game, he said he could say the NDSU game is just another game but he would be lying. A couple of players from Western Illinois said before the game this week that a win against NDSU for be a program changer. 

The real test for how far UND has come is later in the season when they are playing an Idaho State or Weber State or Northern Colorado, teams that will have no reason to overlook UND or take a win against UND as a given. 

I don't think most of us think it's a win.  I think it's progress and a lot more positive progress than we expected.

I'm guessing you are one of the thousands of NDSU fans who are poo-pooing the win vs Iowa State since it was your super bowl, three of their top players went out in the first and they probably didn't care about the game and overlooked NDSU.

• Upvote 2

Did you watch the game today?

Every team has players hurt right now. It's football.

We only make fun of FUs fan base saying they are everyone's football in every sport.

Irish....do you really think they have completely ignored the snap issue and not mentioned it and focused on it in practice?  Obviously the kid is still struggling....and I'm as pissed off about it as you...believe me....it is ridiculous.   But blaming the coaches is like blaming Phil Jackson for Shaq's missed free throws.

If this guy can't get it done we need someone else in there.  This can't go on.  I'm frustrated because we played our butts off - and that is because the coaches got them to this point - but still found a way to piss this one away.  The coaches get a lot of praise for getting this team to play at this level, but we should not be giving games away like this - not just the center problems but the whole final two minutes.  

First of all, don't ever tell me to shut up.  This is a discussion forum and I'll say whatever is on my mind.  If you don't like it, you know where the door is. :angry:

Second of all, if Bison fans are going to talk trash about us on the Internet (when we aren't even playing each other), then I will say what I want about it, wherever I want about it.  This whole idea that because "they have won 29 in a row" means we have to "just shut up" is part of the problem with this program that Bubba is trying to clean up.  We have developed an inferiority complex (especially "fans" like you) and we will need to shed that if we ever hope to win at the FCS level.

Thirdly, the rivalry is not dead and it never will be dead; being in different conferences isn't going to change that.  Why they would even care about what happens in our games is proof of that.  Why they even bother coming on the forum of a team they claim not to care about anymore is further proof.  And if they are going to throw dog crap at us, I will throw it right back at them.  That is what a rivalry is all about.  If you want to just lay down and take it, that is your choice.  Just don't expect me to do the same.

End rant.  GO SIOUX!!!

• Upvote 1

I know this...winning FB games in the BSC with this offense will be difficult regardless of how improved this D is. 2 fitty in total yards of offense week in and week out isn't going to cut it very often.

Serious? Entertaining game but to act like it's going to spearhead us to National Championships is silly. Heading in the right direction and a better brand of football. Let's wait and see how the season plays out

Yes, serious.  Why else do Bison fans come on this forum and make asinine comments about what Bubba wears at practice?  Why else do they run around and act like they will win every game for the next 10 years?  It's called overconfidence and it's the greatest enemy of sustained success.  I have seen it with our hockey fans and it always comes back to bite you in the butt.  Why they should even care about what we do or don't do in Grand Forks with all their success is the question I keep asking myself.  It's either a serious insecurity complex they have about UND or overconfidence/arrogance or a little of both.

And if I am guilty of getting excited about a program that, coming into this year, was on the edge of an abyss, and is now showing real signs of life, then I will accept that verdict with pride.  And if I am also guilty of not bowing down to the greatness of Bison Nation and kissing their royal feet, then I also accept that verdict with pride.  It is high time we start talking up our program again, because what you think of yourself will have a significant impact on what you eventually become (or don't become).  Enough with the genuflecting to other programs and teams.  We are UND and we are on the road back to competitiveness.  And payback on certain teams in (and out of) our conference will be sweet.  And I don't apologize for that one bit.

Mollberg's 2-point conversion pass was gutty and clutch. The reality is that very, very few UND quarterbacks have ever been asked to start as freshmen and/or sophomores, let alone to do so with a patchwork offensive line and without an especially strong running game. And yes, there have been some baffling lapses in judgment on his part. But I still feel like he has a chance to be pretty darn good. By early next season, I have a feeling he's going to progress to a point similar to where Hendrickson was as a senior.

Something about how Joe plays reminds me of Daunte Culpepper.  He can throw a great deep ball but is really inconsistent with accuracy on the short and mid range throws. 

Were you at the game? Lots of insight there from mommy's basement.

Name one UND fan that says the last two games vs. the Montana schools were wins. You need to go back to the School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too.

• Upvote 1

At this point he couldn't carry Hendrickson's jock strap. If he gets more flexible and 10x faster he could sniff it.

Your Hendrickson love really confuses me sometimes.  It's like you only remember his raw athleticism and a couple really good games.  What about everything else?  When I think of really good to great UND QB's his name isn't even on the radar.

Can we pound Portland next week? Seriously?

I had it in my head we were playing eastern Washington next week. I don't think our offense is at the point where we will pound anyone, but I would think we should at least be favored to win. It will be interesting to see if the D plays with the same fearlessness and aggressiveness In a game where we are favored.