SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 3: UND @ Missouri St. Bears

homer

Before the game I was going to pose the question.....would we break 28 points in one game during the whole season, now I'm starting to wonder if we will break 20 points.  Maybe things will pick up a little with Bartels.....lets hope so!

Yes, I hope Bartles makes a couple big plays so he gets Bubba's attention and gets more playing time.    Nothing is probably going to save the season for us, but I'm still hoping Bartles can at least keep us competitive.

Before the game I was going to pose the question.....would we break 28 points in one game during the whole season, now I'm starting to wonder if we will break 20 points. Maybe things will pick up a little with Bartels.....lets hope so!

I wonder if we'll break 28 offensive points for the rest of the season.

I'm waiting to hear the chorus from some around here that all that matters are the BS conference games.....boy I can't wait for those!

I have learned in the past couple of years that there is no kind of whooping that can't be rationalized by Sioux fans.  I am so sad for what we have let this once proud football team come to.  Note to reactionaries - this is not a slam on Bubba, although we are playing the same stupid penalty, turnover, undisciplined football we swore off this year - complete with Molberg.  

• Upvote 1

I have learned in the past couple of years that there is no kind of whooping that can't be rationalized by Sioux fans. I am so sad for what we have let this once proud football team come to. Note to reactionaries - this is not a slam on Bubba, although we are playing the same stupid penalty, turnover, undisciplined football we swore off this year - complete with Molberg.

Spot on.

Here is ray of light # 3 lol.  The first half we played them even up except for stupid punt fielded at the 3.....and then missed easy field goal.  Our offense wasn't doing much....but things were pretty optimistic, although that late TD at the end of the first half hurt.  I actually felt there could be a chance we could win if we got a few breaks.  But our offense is horrible, but really hope Bartels starts next week and they can get some kind of life.

I'm not blaming defense on this game when your opponent gets a short field, gets the ball early on turnovers, the defense can only hold for so long. This game was lost on offense and hopefully next week Bubba can figure something out on that side of the ball.

I think this just has a lot to do with the new style of play.  They used to lose by 20+ but they'd score 20+ themselves.

You can say all you want that you are now gonna win with defense and a smashmouth running game, but that don't make it so. It may be a couple of years of this before it works.

• Upvote 2