SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN College Gameday NDSU Part 2

Jeremy_und2004

Call me crazy but I have more fun being the guy in the middle of the hometown minions who is cheering for the OTHER team. Much more fun. If I was in Fargo, hell yea I'd go.

So you like being the fly in the ointment?  That makes some sense.  Of course, since you jinxed us at the 1998 West Regional Hockey Tournament, you have some penance to pay! :p

It had a definite effect on on getting the players we were used to getting. UND capitalized on it better than NDSU.

I guess people using the excuse that their team couldn't win because all of the teams had the same number of scholarships (level playing field) has always been a strange argument that I wouldn't personally make.

I guess people using the excuse that their team couldn't win because of a level playing field has always been a strange argument that I wouldn't personally make.

Cutting scholarships takes away talent from top schools and gives it to others. Facts. Not overly complicated.

Cutting scholarships takes away talent from top schools and gives it to others. Facts. Not overly complicated.

Why was it that they couldn't win when the playing field was level?  NDSU was not at any disadvantage compared to other schools.  So why were scholarship limits that applied the same to everybody an excuse only for them?

KILL THREAD

Mods, please merge this thread with the one in NCAA News.

Why was it that they couldn't win when the playing field was level?  NDSU was not at any disadvantage compared to other schools.  So why were scholarship limits that applied the same to everybody an excuse only for them?

Please stop responding to him.

• Upvote 1

You realize they get every kid they want right?  The rest of us are fighting for tickle down scraps.    :silly:

Why was it that they couldn't win when the playing field was level? NDSU was not at any disadvantage compared to other schools. So why were scholarship limits that applied the same to everybody an excuse only for them?

NDSU did a poor job of handling the situation. They were no longer able to stack the depth needed by offering scholarships. Thus some top recruits chose other schools. The other schools capitalized on this and NDSU couldn't overcome it. NDSU failed, UND didn't. It lead to the worst decade in recent ndsu football history.

Mods, do we need 2 threads for this?

I would like to hear from the Mods on how this thread is even remotely appropiate to a UND Fan Site. .

This thread needs to go away.

Mods, seriously now, there are 2 threads for this.  Please merge the threads at least if you're not going to close them.

Once again, this thread needs to go away :)

Agreed. Stick with one thread over in NCAA News.

KILL THREAD

Mods, please merge this thread with the one in NCAA News.

There are TWO threads going for a game we are not involved in.   Would all of you please move on?

If we spent half this much energy talking about our own team maybe the interest would elevate and things would be improve quicker.   ???

THREAD ALREADY EXISTS IN NCAA NEWS FOR THIS!

boring-o.gif

• Upvote 1