SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Scores & News

bincitysioux

That's because some on this board are far more concerned with seeing NDSU and UMTC fail than are seeing UND succeed.

Personally I want to see und succeed more than I want to see ndsu fall. But for und to succeed in gaining fans around the state they need to bypass ndsu. Very few people outside of nd care about either team. Ndsu has a better tv package for football statewide. Visit communities around the state and you will see more ndsu gear out there. Even in communities closer to grand forks. In order for und to succeed having ndsu fail would be very beneficial.

That's because some on this board are far more concerned with seeing NDSU and UMTC fail than are seeing UND succeed.

I'm sure your opinion would be exactly the same if Montana or Montana State would have tried to put 100 on the board against UND last season. The game had been won - take a knee and run out the clock.

Looking at the EWU/SHSU score and reading about the game, wouldn't UND's ascent up the BSC food chain be accomplished quickest via a stout defense vs a high flying offense? Seems to me you guys will do well if Bubba can put together anything resembling a defense.

I agree wholeheartedly with Bubba's philosophy.

The Big Sky Conference consists mainly of air raid/spread offenses and hybrid defenses built to stop the air attacks, so being as physical outlier would really ascend the program quickly. That is, by establishing a physical, ball control offense and a pressure defense, UND has a chance to be "that" physical team in the Big Sky. Montana went from spread to pro style from 2012 to 2013 and they instantly turned around from 5 to 10 wins. Of course, they also gained their QB Jordan Johnson back too. Nevertheless, Bubba's plan should work great in the Big Sky Conference. Goal needs to be to win the Bog Sky Conference every season, as it's an automatic qualifying league that should include 3 to 4 teams in the playoffs annually.

Who likes Montana's chances against Wyoming?  Potential upset there I think..........  And it is on ROOT on Saturday.

As far as other Big Sky games tonight:

Idaho St. @ Utah (PAC-12 Networks)

Cal Poly @ New Mexico (Altitude & Fox AZ)

Weber @ Arizona St.  (PAC-12 Networks)

Who likes Montana's chances against Wyoming?  Potential upset there I think..........  And it is on ROOT on Saturday.

As far as other Big Sky games tonight:

Idaho St. @ Utah (PAC-12 Networks)

Cal Poly @ New Mexico (Altitude & Fox AZ)

Weber @ Arizona St.  (PAC-12 Networks)

Anyone have lines on those? 

If Montana is getting points I'd take them.

I'd take Poly and any points I could get also.

I'd give all the points and take Utah and Arizona State.

Anyone have lines on those? 

If Montana is getting points I'd take them.

I'd take Poly and any points I could get also.

I'd give all the points and take Utah and Arizona State.

Montana up to +12.5 after starting at a pickem.

Poly is 6 point favorites over NMSU

Utah is 42 point faves over Idaho State

Arizona State is 46 point favorites over Weber -  :ohmy:

UND is up to a 26.5 point dog

Montana up to +12.5 after starting at a pickem.

Poly is 6 point favorites over NMSU

Utah is 42 point faves over Idaho State

Arizona State is 46 point favorites over Weber -  :ohmy:

UND is up to a 26.5 point dog

ISU is going to get lit up by Utah..  Utes win 70-0

For those interested, Cal-Poly is just getting ready to start in their opener vs. New Mexico St.  Game is also on ESPN3

One thing of note - NMSU starting QB Tyler Rogers tried to verbal to UND, but we said no because we had Riddle and Palendech already verbal. Rogers could have been a good one.

Games today all times Central:

2:00

SUU @ Nevada

3:00

Montana @ Wyoming, Portland St @ Oregon St, UC Davis @ Stanford

6:00

Montana St @ Arkansas St, Northern Arizona @ San Diego State, Sac State @ Incarnate Word

8:05 

Montana-Western

Eastern Washington