SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Scores & News

bincitysioux

Siouxfootballinsider makes a good point: best defense in the league get 0 players on any teams. No respect yet in this league. We earn that next year.

We may never get it - there's an East Coast Bias and a "Mountain Time Bias" and yes we have to earn it but the defense did this year and ...... 

We may never get it - there's an East Coast Bias and a "Mountain Time Bias" and yes we have to earn it but the defense did this year and ......

I was thinking of the Montana bias, just like UND won't find itself on Root Sports but Montana and MSU will be on there multiple times. It all comes down to respect, and Bubba is going to make sure UND gets it back.

We do rotate when we have the depth and it showed on defense.  We must remind MSU next year when they come to the alerts how much better their defense is then ours. We should make sign of the team ranking on defense and how many players they had on the first 3 teams and that we had no one on the first 3 teams.  See how they feel about after the game. 

It's plain and simple:

Don't beat Montana, Montana State, and Eastern Washington, you don't get considered as a top program.

UND has yet to beat Eastern and Montana St. since becoming conference members; they beat Montana once but only in their down year of 2012. Basically, haven't had any positive results vs the big 3; that needs to change to get all-conference representation, Root sports media attention, and most importantly, playoff consideration.

Next year UND is at Montana, and hosts MSU, no EWU on the schedule.

I like our schedule next year. I see a lot of potential wins on that schedule, especially late in the year.

It really worries me when I see people thinking that an easy schedule is our ticket to the playoffs.   Playing tougher teams is what makes a team good.  If we can only make playoffs by running an easy path, do we really deserve to be there?    If we aren't playing the best, we'll probably get blown out in the first playoff game too.

I know there was no direct mention of the post season in either post, but the implications are pretty clear.

It really worries me when I see people thinking that an easy schedule is our ticket to the playoffs.   Playing tougher teams is what makes a team good.  If we can only make playoffs by running an easy path, do we really deserve to be there?    If we aren't playing the best, we'll probably get blown out in the first playoff game too.

I know there was no direct mention of the post season in either post, but the implications are pretty clear.

We play NDSU early on so I don't think we have an easy schedule next year. It will be nice to not play EWU since we play both UM and MSU.

It really worries me when I see people thinking that an easy schedule is our ticket to the playoffs. Playing tougher teams is what makes a team good. If we can only make playoffs by running an easy path, do we really deserve to be there? If we aren't playing the best, we'll probably get blown out in the first playoff game too.

My post was simply stating we don't play all the big 3 teams and I think in 2016 we don't play Montana. It would be nice to get in the playoffs as a tougher team, but what's the difference in not playing EWU and playing an OOC game vs Drake? Bison had a formula of getting in the playoffs by hosting the weakest FCS teams, and then taking care of business in conference play. I think we have enough competition in conference play to make up for not playing one of the Big trees.

It really worries me when I see people thinking that an easy schedule is our ticket to the playoffs. Playing tougher teams is what makes a team good. If we can only make playoffs by running an easy path, do we really deserve to be there? If we aren't playing the best, we'll probably get blown out in the first playoff game too.

The selection committee has not really shown it puts a ton of weight on strength of schedule. Get to 8 wins and have all if them be FCS or higher and your chances of getting in are great. That being said, UND and it's program had shown no signs of not being willing to play anyone. It's the conference rotation that left EWU off the schedule.

Our schedule is harder next year than this year.

Our schedule is harder next year than this year.

Easier FBS next year,  substitute NDSU for Mo State, and leave EWU off and to me it doesn't look at harder and possibly easier.    Drake seems very Robert Morris to me.   I know, the schedule is what it is and we have no control over the BSC part of it.   I just don't think we should be gloating over not playing someone.    My mistake if that was the intentions.

Easier FBS next year,  substitute NDSU for Mo State, and leave EWU off and to me it doesn't look at harder and possibly easier.    Drake seems very Robert Morris to me.   I know, the schedule is what it is and we have no control over the BSC part of it.   I just don't think we should be gloating over not playing someone.    My mistake if that was the intentions.

Substitute ndsu for Missouri State?  Are you implying that's an even trade?

Easier FBS next year, substitute NDSU for Mo State, and leave EWU off and to me it doesn't look at harder and possibly easier. Drake seems very Robert Morris to me. I know, the schedule is what it is and we have no control over the BSC part of it. I just don't think we should be gloating over not playing someone. My mistake if that was the intentions.

Cal Poly and ISU are good teams.

It's plain and simple:

Don't beat Montana, Montana State, and Eastern Washington, you don't get considered as a top program.

UND has yet to beat Eastern and Montana St. since becoming conference members; they beat Montana once but only in their down year of 2012. Basically, haven't had any positive results vs the big 3; that needs to change to get all-conference representation, Root sports media attention, and most importantly, playoff consideration.

Yes except Idaho State either lost or didn't play the big three and they got 11 players on the all conference roster. I'm not whining I just think there is a Mountain Time Bias and just like the East Coast Bias it may never go away. 

Yes except Idaho State either lost or didn't play the big three and they got 11 players on the all conference roster. I'm not whining I just think there is a Mountain Time Bias and just like the East Coast Bias it may never go away.

Is Idaho State in the playoffs??? No, because they didn't beat the big 3. However, they did have a winning record, good enough for conference respect in terms of all-conference representation.

UND had a sub .500 record and didn't beat big three; therefore, doesn't surprise me there's no conference respect.

I must have misunderstood because I thought you were saying that the reason the #1 defense in the conference (UND) didn't have anyone on the all conference teams was because they didn't beat the big three. Whereas Idaho State who also didn't beat any of the big three had 11.  Am I the only one who thinks there is a Mountain TIme bias?