SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Yep, the players were even talking about it in the papers...about how Massa wanted to beat Zane to prove he was the better goalie.

UNO got absolutely worked.  Embarrassing effort on their part.

You could say that Blais can't get them up for a big game?  ;)  :)

Even Blais on The Pipeline Show.

Hockey East used to be a powerhouse and I actually looked forward to matchups between the grind-it-out style of the WCHA vs the quick and flowing play of HE.  They have waned in the last decade, in my opinion. I remember cheering when we pasted them up in the corners, and then biting my lip as we ground out the PK afterwards......

Fast forward to now.  I really don't see the differences between conferences now like there was then.  Differences in individual teams, for sure, but not really a "conference personality" like it used to be.

The Gentleman's Agreement has been a hot topic. Here's a look at what some schools are up against...

Princeton Head Coach tweeted and then later deleted:
vq3678.png

Online articles say Melnick had been committed to Princeton for two years and was expected to join the team this Fall.

Last night, he announced via Twitter that he has committed to Miami

The Gentleman's Agreement has been a hot topic. Here's a look at what some schools are up against...

vq3678.png

Online articles say Melnick had been committed to Princeton for two years and was expected to join the team this Fall.

He was also said to be committed to Harvard a few weeks ago. There was a tweet that said he was called by a team every month after he committed to Princeton.

It's articles like this why I am glad that BU didn't win the title:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2015/04/12_destined_for_disappointment.php

Especially this quote:

It took care of business at its regional in Manchester, and it made North Dakota look like a pretender for all but a few madcap minutes of the national semifinal.

He must have been watching a different game than I was.  UND was hardly the pretender in that game...they controlled most of the game after the first 5-8 minutes or so.

• Upvote 1

It's articles like this why I am glad that BU didn't win the title:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2015/04/12_destined_for_disappointment.php

Especially this quote:

He must have been watching a different game than I was. UND was hardly the pretender in that game...they controlled most of the game after the first 5-8 minutes or so.

And this is why people west of New York shouldn't read chn articles.

Zach Hyman will not sign with Florida.

kRNqFpr1_normal.jpeg Craig Custance @CraigCustance  ·  23h 23 hours ago

Panthers have been notified that prospect Zach Hyman won't be signing w/them. Possible he gets traded before hitting UFA on Aug. 16.

Seems to fit the pattern.

I recall him being a recruiting "pre-madonna" © Goon when he was in juniors. 

vq3678.png

So, our own NCHC brothers don't respect the gentlemen's agreement. 

And we recruited a guy that was going thru Air Force admissions process

Shame on Hak!

If you read the article, it made it sound like AFA and the recruit both agreed that he would be best served to go elsewhere.

Perhaps he couldn't get into the academy?

If you read the article, it made it sound like AFA and the recruit both agreed that he would be best served to go elsewhere.

You are correct sir. :)

From the article -- The Irwin, PA native had an agreement to play hockey for the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs but during the admission process, it was mutually agreed that there might be a more suitable fit and he has agreed to head north to Grand Forks, ND.

RoadRunner Head Coach / GM Scott Langer praised the staff at Air Force. "They run a top shelf operation and truly care about what's best for the student-athlete", Langer said. "Helping Mike (Gornall) adjust his collegiate path is evidence of what a class act they are."

Gornall finished 2nd on his team in scoring in 2014-15 and was voted the recipient of the team's "Hally Hat" award, named in honor of the late Peter Halash and given to the player who best displays a solid work ethic day in and day out. He will join current RoadRunner teammate Matej Tomek who will also attend UND in the fall.

That's what it sounded like to me when it said:

... but during the admission process, it was mutually agreed that there might be a more suitable fit ...  

And we recruited a guy that was going thru Air Force admissions process

Shame on Hak!

For a guy who claims to be connected to the program, you sure have a hard time connecting to what you read.

If you'd gone to college, you might have improved those comprehension issues.

I'm just saying Und isn't as clean as u think it is

I wouldn't be surprised if UND does up hold the "gentlemen's agreement" with certain team's. I know they went after Landon Smith who was committed to Denver at the time and now plays for Quinnipiac.

For as adamant as Hakstol is for upholding the gentleman's agreement, I would be surprised if he went after a committed recruit.

I'm not claiming that UND has a halo over it as a program, but if was going to do that, then just oppose the agreement like other coaches have done.  Not a big deal.