SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp

UND Fan

There were guys like Mike Edwards who shouldn't have redshirted under Mussman. He was too scared to play young guys ahead of vets. Also too scared to lay the discipline hammer down consistently. Fat must constantly be trimmed to keep everyone honest.

This is one area I really hope to see a change.  The best player should play, period.  No more worrying about where someone came from or how old they are.  Whoever performs gets the job.

I believe there was a mentality of "wait your turn" at UND that bit the Sioux in the butt.  Everyone should have a chance to make the field.

It was more than obvious that Edwards should have been on the field more last year. 

This is one area I really hope to see a change. The best player should play, period. No more worrying about where someone came from or how old they are. Whoever performs gets the job.

I believe there was a mentality of "wait your turn" at UND that bit the Sioux in the butt. Everyone should have a chance to make the field.

It was more than obvious that Edwards should have been on the field more last year.

He should have started all year. He should have stayed in my opinion but can't blame him for leaving when he wasn't given a fair shot at playing time.

This is one area I really hope to see a change. The best player should play, period. No more worrying about where someone came from or how old they are. Whoever performs gets the job.

I believe there was a mentality of "wait your turn" at UND that bit the Sioux in the butt. Everyone should have a chance to make the field.

Oh it's changing, hell, it's already changed.

There's 7, maybe more, true freshman playing this year! That definitely indicates a change in philosophy as far as playing time goes. With that, we'll finally see some championship quality football.

and how can he have an academic problem idiots if school hasn't started yet lmao

Summer school.....maybe he got caught cheating or wasn't going to class. You have no inside knowledge, just a website showing any legal charges. I am sure there is reason for it and no it is none of our business.

This is one area I really hope to see a change.  The best player should play, period.  No more worrying about where someone came from or how old they are.  Whoever performs gets the job.

I believe there was a mentality of "wait your turn" at UND that bit the Sioux in the butt.  Everyone should have a chance to make the field.

Where did you get the idea that kids played cuz of where they are from? I also don't think Kuska, Jake Miller, Golladay to name just three, to "wait their turn". Everyone does have a chance to make the field. Do you really think coaches don't put the kids on the field they think give them the best chance to win? I always disagreed with not playing backups, especially juniors and srs when the outcome is in doubt. I think that was a mistake the previous staff made. We can all think of players that should have played ahead of someone else but the coaches go to all the practices, film sessions and review tape. We hear that kind of stuff from parents at the HS level a lot. Their kid didnt get to play cuz the starter's uncle is the bank president or coaches paperboy or whatever. You see some of that in youth hockey or fb or basketball with parent coaches but I believe the coaches put the kids out there they think give the team the best chance of winning. What bites you in the butt more than anything is not recruiting the right kids.

Where did you get the idea that kids played cuz of where they are from? I also don't think Kuska, Jake Miller, Golladay to name just three, to "wait their turn". Everyone does have a chance to make the field. Do you really think coaches don't put the kids on the field they think give them the best chance to win? I always disagreed with not playing backups, especially juniors and srs when the outcome is in doubt. I think that was a mistake the previous staff made. We can all think of players that should have played ahead of someone else but the coaches go to all the practices, film sessions and review tape. We hear that kind of stuff from parents at the HS level a lot. Their kid didnt get to play cuz the starter's uncle is the bank president or coaches paperboy or whatever. You see some of that in youth hockey or fb or basketball with parent coaches but I believe the coaches put the kids out there they think give the team the best chance of winning. What bites you in the butt more than anything is not recruiting the right kids.

This happens because everyone seems to think they know more or have better information than the people that are actually in the situation.  Coaches screw up but at least they are working with all the information.  Sometimes the best player isn't the guy with the most talent, actually I think this is the case fairly often.

• Upvote 1

and how can he have an academic problem idiots if school hasn't started yet lmao

He did attend school last year, correct?  There is a stupid little rule about actually having to pass so many credits per school year.  Crazy, I know.  

Well a coach's brother started at QB when clearly another was better.  You figure it out. 

He should have started all year. He should have stayed in my opinion but can't blame him for leaving when he wasn't given a fair shot at playing time.

Imagine what he could have been as a senior with 4 years starting at NG. 

But that's gone now.  Wish him the best. 

Well a coach's brother started at QB when clearly another was better.  You figure it out.

I always thought Reed Manke was a better QB and should have started as a Soph. I think if you asked Lennon and Mussman they would both agree now but at the time Belmore was decent and he was a good athlete. I still think Manke was one of the best we have ever had at QB but I think your are mistaken if you think Lennon played another kid cuz his brother was a coach. I think they made a mistake but I wasn't at practice. Manke was a "gamer" and a winner with great leadership skills, was smart, and made great reads. I think his career completion rate was close to 70%. He also was a great athlete but apparently Lennon and Mussman didn't see it that way. Once they started Belmore, I think they stayed with him too long but I think coaches are sometimes reluctant to make a change esp at QB cuz they then may have to acknowledge they made a mistake. Belmore was no slouch and a good guy.

It's pretty amazing to me that of the nine players listed on the 2-deep on the OL, there are nearly as many either recruited by Bubba, or switched from the defensive line (four), as recruited by the Mussman regime as offensive linemen (five). Mussman and company really did a poor job of recruiting, retaining and developing offensive linemen. It's difficult to understand why things got to this point, given the fact that you shouldn't need to stray too far from the region to find solid players at these positions. I'm still perplexed as to how Mussman's 2012 recruiting class included just one offensive lineman--and he's not even on the roster anymore.

It's pretty amazing to me that of the nine players listed on the 2-deep on the OL, there are nearly as many either recruited by Bubba, or switched from the defensive line (four), as recruited by the Mussman regime as offensive linemen (five). Mussman and company really did a poor job of recruiting, retaining and developing offensive linemen. It's difficult to understand why things got to this point, given the fact that you shouldn't need to stray too far from the region to find solid players at these positions. I'm still perplexed as to how Mussman's 2012 recruiting class included just one offensive lineman--and he's not even on the roster anymore.

The man straight up failed. In my opinion, he should have been canned after either the 2009 (Sioux Falls) or 2012 (Northern Colorado) seasons. After 2013, it had been too long. 

The man straight up failed. In my opinion, he should have been canned after either the 2009 (Sioux Falls) or 2012 (Northern Colorado) seasons. After 2013, it had been too long. 

The 2011 team gave Faison and fans false hope that Muss has this team going in the right direction, that led him to give Muss the extension.