SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

• 2 weeks later...

Crisis averted in Philadelphia!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2776735/Philadelphia-Flyers-ditch-male-cleaning-crew-announce-squad-scantily-clad-Ice-Girls-return-rink.html

An all-male ice cleaning crew? 

"Bill, it's Ted.  Get me the marketing department NOW.  Someone's head is gonna roll over this." 

The Islanders got Nick Leddy from the Blackhawks and Johnny Boychuk from the Bruins today. Both teams needed to make salary cap moves and the Islanders capitalized. I did not want to see Boychuk get traded. He will be missed in Boston and will be a great addition to the Islanders.

• Upvote 1

The Islanders got Nick Leddy from the Blackhawks and Johnny Boychuk from the Bruins today. Both teams needed to make salary cap moves and the Islanders capitalized. I did not want to see Boychuk get traded. He will be missed in Boston and will be a great addition to the Islanders.

Solid move by both teams.

Sucks big time for the Bruins...the guy is a beast!

• Upvote 1

I think the NHL went the wrong direction on this shootout thing.

Instead of prohibiting spin-o-rama's, they should have required spin-o-rama's.

That would have greatly increased the entertainment value of the shootout. Especially the later rounds.

Shootouts should be banned period.
  • Upvote 2

I think the NHL went the wrong direction on this shootout thing.

Instead of prohibiting spin-o-rama's, they should have required spin-o-rama's.

That would have greatly increased the entertainment value of the shootout. Especially the later rounds.

I'm out. The "entertainment" is the game. Save the one-on-one shoot-out gimmick for All-Star weekend.

Instead of a shootout, they should have a relay race with the puck...pick three guys for each team, each player goes up and down the ice once and the winner of the race gets the extra point.  For extra fun, they could put a couple cones (or Gofer defenseman) out there.

• Upvote 1

Wow! How in the name of Gordie Howe can Miami financially sustain the Panthers? The crowd at an NCAA western regional hockey tournament in Sault Ste Marie, MI would dwarf the one currently attending the Florida/Ottawa game.

7,311 and the pictures make it look worse then every NCAA regional.