SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Wow people's comments for both teams are pathetic. Let's all be happy a good game will be played. Seriously can we all not bicker about dick sizes and egos. It's a downer. I'm an NDSU fan and I am happy for the game. No further comments needed

• Upvote 2

124 FCS 

59 D1 Ice Soccer

Its called the Dayton rule - how many of the 124 really care about football?  About 40 - check the budgets for football.  The rest are looking for the cheapest why to play basketball.

Ndsu has made every attempt to avoid these games. The only way they are taking place is because faison agreed to two consecutive away games. Then ndsu holds a press release stating the only reason these games were scheduled was to fill their schedule since they couldn't find fbs teams. Apparently ndsu isn't excited about the rivalry. The ndsu athletic department appears arrogant. I hope it comes back to bite em.

Perhaps it's been pointed out but if UND hosted the last game that was played it was FU's turn to host the next game, they then get to host the next game (2019) and UND will host the following game (ain't no way the third game is in Fargo). So it really is just getting back on track.

Since NDSU fans aren't interested in this game, there should be a lot of seats for UND fans to buy... That's what I am gathering from reading some of the BIsonville fan's comments. 

Do you really think a minority of the people on BV have the same view of the general fan base as a whole?

Sorry missed all the fun (here in SD on vacation with the fam) anyways I look at it this way. 2015 UND got an OOC away game, schedule complete. 2014, 2015, and 2016 is complete. 2019 at NDSU is an OOC road game in a 12 game season so UND can still have 6 home games and an FBS game if they want. So after this UND has a clean slate with NDSU as the two games to get the ball rolling will be complete and maybe after 2019 they can get a H/H in 2020 or beyond. UND still should schedule the other Dakota teams and UNI. UND is 4-1 in the Fargodome so why not go for 6-1, and prove to everyone including the ND media we are on the same level as NDSU. It happened in volleyball, basketball and now it can happen in football.

Faison has made us NDSU's bitch and needs to go.  He can't leave fast enough.  

Nah. he's a tough negotiator. Back in February NDSU offers UND 2 games in Fargo for $380,000. Now,Faison takes advantage of an A.D.less NDSU and agrees to 2 games in Fargo for $265,000. LOL 

Faison has made us NDSU's bitch and needs to go. He can't leave fast enough.

Why? He filled our schedule in '15 and has filled 1 out of 4 empty slots in '19. What's the difference if we play at NDSU or SIU? We never had a return game with them. UND is playing a high profile team for big bucks (yes it is after you look at what a tank of gas costs) and Bubba approved. So since Bubba is for it should he go too?

I have even tried to defend ndsu winning back to back national championships but people from other states that love college football think its a joke & really don't care about that level of football

• Upvote 2

I have even tried to defend ndsu winning back to back national championships but people from other states that love college football think its a joke & really don't care about that level of football

That level? I wonder what all those people think of the FBS teams that get their butts handed to them every year by an FCS team. Now more and more refuse to schedule any FCS teams anymore.

Faison has made us NDSU's bitch and needs to go.  He can't leave fast enough.  

Faison? - this is Bubba - he has not coached a game yet and he has already screwed it up - can't wait to see his gameday decision making.

Nah. he's a tough negotiator. Back in February NDSU offers UND 2 games in Fargo for $380,000. Now,Faison takes advantage of an A.D.less NDSU and agrees to 2 games in Fargo for $265,000. LOL 

Don't thank us - please send your warm regards to the man himself.  I could use your help - please go troll Bubba/Faison

Bubba's email - bubba.schweigert@athletics.und.edu

Faison email - brian.faison@athletics.und.edu

Why? He filled our schedule in '15 and has filled 1 out of 4 empty slots in '19. What's the difference if we play at NDSU or SIU? We never had a return game with them. UND is playing a high profile team for big bucks (yes it is after you look at what a tank of gas costs) and Bubba approved. So since Bubba is for it should he go too?

I know as a season ticket holder, I am really excited about the 1 nonconference game against DRAKE a nonscholarship program followed by Idaho St, Cal-Davis, UNC and MSU.  Hell, they should just call the Big Sky and say they don't need home games.  Lets just go on the road all the time.  Its what we do at UND.  Maybe if we clean the slate with them we can get some home games in 2020 or later.  But, I would hate to inconvenience the conference like that...

call me a conspiracy lover but why do i get the feeling that fullerton is behind some of the ndac's recent ooc scheduling?

ndac now has montana and weber this year...und, montana, and weber the next....ew the next couple of years and then und one more time for their ooc schedule....maybe the demeanor at the press conference was because fullerton told the new the ad at the ndac that this divide between the ndac and und needed to be closed before the ndac would be considered for future membership in the Big Sky Conference???

all hail faison

good ole boys got reports that bubs was instructed by Faison to say what he said to balance the books

figures as we haven't donate dmuch in recent years

Bubba wanted this game. He was instructed to say nothing.

Your an idiot

• Upvote 2

call me a conspiracy lover but why do i get the feeling that fullerton is behind some of the ndac's recent ooc scheduling?

ndac now has montana and weber this year...und, montana, and weber the next....ew the next couple of years and then und one more time for their ooc schedule....maybe the demeanor at the press conference was because fullerton told the new the ad at the ndac that this divide between the ndac and und needed to be closed before the ndac would be considered for future membership in the Big Sky Conference???

I said the very same thing nut Southpaw wants to run this board and won't put up with that kind of talk.  He says he doesn't want speculation.  As if sports message board are all speculation.  That's why people visit them.

Bresciani has to postion NDSU to be in good graces with the Big Sky.  The Big Sky won't put up with an AD who has it in for one of its schools.  NDSU had to do an about face to go FBS with the Big Sky.  NDSU doesn't want to saddle the next AD with having to make up to UND.  This is the only opening as they start interviewing AD candidates next week and NDSU doesn't want this brought up to the candidates.

If NDSU gets in the Big Sky, the league will schedule NDSU in Grand Forks  in 2017 or 2018 and NDSU will still have to pay UND for the 2019 FargoDome that they normally would have got for free.

From what I gather, UND hockey has been pretty second tier (in a 54 team league) of late save for that lucky run at the end of last year. 

Amirite?!

That has to be one of the silliest things that you have written. First, there are 59 NCAA Division I Hockey teams, not 54. Second UND has one of the top winning percentage in the Division I for the last 12-15 years. Also, Hakstol has been a head coach since 2004-05 and his teams have made the NCAA tourney every season. Hakstol is the only active Division I coach with a winning record in every season that he has coached.

Additionally, Hakstol's teams have been to the Frozen Four 6-of-10 years (that means in six seasons his team has finished no less than 3rd. Try again genius. 

I said the very same thing nut Southpaw wants to run this board and won't put up with that kind of talk.  He says he doesn't want speculation.  As if sports message board are all speculation.  That's why people visit them.

Bresciani has to postion NDSU to be in good graces with the Big Sky.  The Big Sky won't put up with an AD who has it in for one of its schools.  NDSU had to do an about face to go FBS with the Big Sky.  NDSU doesn't want to saddle the next AD with having to make up to UND.  This is the only opening as they start interviewing AD candidates next week and NDSU doesn't want this brought up to the candidates.

If NDSU gets in the Big Sky, the league will schedule NDSU in Grand Forks  in 2017 or 2018 and NDSU will still have to pay UND for the 2019 FargoDome that they normally would have got for free.

Thats some pretty wild speculation. Gotta admit. When you speculate you REALLY speculate. :silly: