SiouxSports.com Forum

Should Hakstol Change Recruiting Philosophy?

werewolfoflondon

Should Hakstol change his recruiting philosophy from recruiting guys like Rocco or whoever that only play for two or three years to guys like Union had that stay four years? What really works better? Taking a hotshot for a year or two or a steady player for four? How involved are guys that really do not plan on staying long?

You need both. You need that handful of studs that will stick around 2-3 years at most, but you also need that larger group of guys that stays four years and gets better from year 1 to year 2 and from year 2 to year 3 and so on. And I think Hakstol is starting to do this, so the next couple of years will be interesting.

Should Hakstol change his recruiting philosophy from recruiting guys like Rocco or whoever that only play for two or three years to guys like Union had that stay four years? What really works better? Taking a hotshot for a year or two or a steady player for four? How involved are guys that really do not plan on staying long?

You need both and that is what he has for the most part in recruits he already has committed too.

I'd say any recruiting changes that result in a Natty soon I'm all for.

I'd say I'm all for any changes that result in less posters here typing the expression "natty". It's grating at me worse than the word "selfie."

• Upvote 2

I'd say I'm all for any changes that result in less posters here typing the expression "natty". It's grating at me worse than the word "selfie."

"Get off my lawn!"