SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Dont they say indefinitely when they dont know how serious the injury is? just my thought i guess

Pretty much. It could be a couple games, couple weeks, couple months... Last year when Zane got hurt and was out indefinitely he missed what, 2 games (because of a bye week)? It's just the term they use so they don't have to specify a time frame. 

Pretty much. It could be a couple games, couple weeks, couple months... Last year when Zane got hurt and was out indefinitely he missed what, 2 games (because of a bye week)? It's just the term they use so they don't have to specify a time frame. 

Didn't Zane miss Five games?  Clarke Saunders played five games in a row, the last game he played in was against Miami on Feb 14. That was also the last time Clarke started or played for UND. He went 3-2 during that time.  

Whoops, I meant the 11-12 team. Not sure why I got those confused, I need caffeine.

That makes sense then. I don't think we will see anything like the 11-12 team ever again. Four walk-ons playing and a D playing forward and still couldn't put out a full lineup. That team overachieved to win the Final Five and become a #1 seed and make it to the regional final.

That makes sense then. I don't think we will see anything like the 11-12 team ever again. Four walk-ons playing and a D playing forward and still couldn't put out a full lineup. That team overachieved to win the Final Five and become a #1 seed and make it to the regional final.

Dare I say that had UND not played that regional final against Minnesota in St Paul and/or instead been shipped elsewhere, that they would have advanced to the Frozen Four? It was a damn miracle that that M*A*S*H unit went as far as it did.

Dare I say that had UND not played that regional final against Minnesota in St Paul and/or instead been shipped elsewhere, that they would have advanced to the Frozen Four? It was a damn miracle that that M*A*S*H unit went as far as it did.

Yeah, that was the least disappointed I've been after UND's season ended.  Don't get me wrong, I was still not happy but knew that team left everything on the ice and gave everything they had. It just sucked it had to be at the hands of the rodents.  However, BC wiped away Pride on Ice easily enough 2 weeks later. :)

Didn't Zane miss Five games? Clarke Saunders played five games in a row, the last game he played in was against Miami on Feb 14. That was also the last time Clarke started or played for UND. He went 3-2 during that time.

Since the amount of games Clarke played wasn't my point I didn't look it up. I only remembered the Denver games.

My point was "indefinite" basically means an unknown period of time.

Since the amount of games Clarke played wasn't my point I didn't look it up. I only remembered the Denver games.

My point was "indefinite" basically means an unknown period of time.

Off topic I know....did you go to Oxford last year? If so, where is the best place to stay?

Yeah, that was the least disappointed I've been after UND's season ended.  Don't get me wrong, I was still not happy but knew that team left everything on the ice and gave everything they had. It just sucked it had to be at the hands of the rodents.  However, BC wiped away Pride on Ice easily enough 2 weeks later. :)

I remember looking across the ice at my buddy who was sitting in the opposite corner and we did the shoulder shrug. That's NEVER a response that either one of us have ever had to UND's season ending. Same exact reaction.

I think there was a good possibility that would have happened. Unfortunately, I just knew there was no chance UND would beat Minny two games in a row at the X especially after the way the first game ended.

Yeah, that was the least disappointed I've been after UND's season ended. Don't get me wrong, I was still not happy but knew that team left everything on the ice and gave everything they had. It just sucked it had to be at the hands of the rodents. However, BC wiped away Pride on Ice easily enough 2 weeks later. :)

The Green Bay regional could have had UND as the #1 seed against Cornell in place of Michigan along with Ferris State/Denver in the other match-up. I would have liked UND's chances with that bracket.

The Green Bay regional could have had UND as the #1 seed against Cornell in place of Michigan along with Ferris State/Denver in the other match-up. I would have liked UND's chances with that bracket.

Absolutely. Ferris last year was WAY better than the one that won that regional, IMO.

Correction. Oshie led team. The year before with Toews and Porter also hurt quite a bit because of his they were rolling.

Yeah but at least the Toews put the puck in the net. Something the Oshie led team failed to do in Denver(well unless you count the Marto goal late to avoid being shutout).

After seeing N. Schmaltz today. I would say its gonna be a while before he plays. His left wrist is in a brace and he didn't use his left hand at all. Very deliberate in his movements protecting his wrist. Just my observations.

Sounds like a sprained wrist. Any confirmation out there on the actual injury?

OK, so they solved the "slow start to season" issue and replaced it with "slow start to games".

I'm interested in how they respond to the cold lesson received last night, namely: "You need to play with intensity for more than the last 8 minutes of the game."

Jordan S is definitely a high-end talent and has been big for us, but watching him so far this year makes me hopeful he will stick around for next year.   Nick helps, of course, but he needs to improve in his own zone, IMO.  

It is a little different game when you haven't got Dillon Simpson to rely on.  Jordan does not seem quite as confident as last year.

Jordan S is definitely a high-end talent and has been big for us, but watching him so far this year makes me hopeful he will stick around for next year.   Nick helps, of course, but he needs to improve in his own zone, IMO.  

I agree although I'm not sure that carries much weight as far as him coming back next year. He certainly has a lot to improve on in his own end but that isn't and never will be his strong suit. In my opinion he needs to get a lot stronger to be NHL ready. Hopefully playing with his brother one more year gets him to come back.

I agree although I'm not sure that carries much weight as far as him coming back next year. He certainly has a lot to improve on in his own end but that isn't and never will be his strong suit. In my opinion he needs to get a lot stronger to be NHL ready. Hopefully playing with his brother one more year gets him to come back.

He would get used in the NHL if he went up as he is today.