SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TOURNEY - SIOUX vs. BADGERS - Cincinnati

AZSIOUX

So just take out three #1 seeds and slay 3 of our biggest rivals, and finally getting over the hump by rolling BC in the Frozen Four Championship game in route to #8?!? In down with that, ideally Zane gets all shutouts too.

If needed sure! Ha..Zane and scoring from the d will be two of the major keys to get to Philly! Go sioux

To be clear I wasn't bashing our scoring, I'm just trying to be a smartass. Of corse that would be the greatest thing ever especially with one of our less likely squads. Roll Tribe

Oh I know! That's how the sioux will more than likely have to win 4 the way this team is set up . Anyone's game now go sioux!

If needed sure! Ha..Zane and scoring from the d will be two of the major keys to get to Philly! Go sioux

... and not going 0 for on the powerplay would help as well. Let's hope now is the time they get on the roll on special teams.

@SchlossmanGF: Wild announce signing of CC defenseman Gustav Olofsson. Third NCHC guy to leave (Caleb Herbert, Josh Archibald).

I know the Wild were trying to get Olofsson to go to Major Juniors midway through the season. Do they have a problem with Scott Owens developing him, because with so many college players on their team, you would think they wouldn't have a problem with the college route. He seemed to become quite a player in his first year of college. Maybe they need him to concentrate more on the defensive side of the game.

I know the Wild were trying to get Olofsson to go to Major Juniors midway through the season. Do they have a problem with Scott Owens developing him, because with so many college players on their team, you would think they wouldn't have a problem with the college route. He seemed to become quite a player in his first year of college. Maybe they need him to concentrate more on the defensive side of the game.

I think he is ready for the next level to be honest, I'm guessing he'll finish this year off in the A and play there next year too. The AHL is a great league and he showed to be a very good player in the college ranks. I thought he looked good from what I saw. CC won't be a national contender next year and there is no way the kid was going to stay his junior year.

Most think it had more to do with CC just being a bad last place team this year while Portland was one of the top teams in the WHL. Supposedly they wanted him to experience intense playoff type games where his team would be playing for something and they didn't think he was getting that at CC.

Lots of great memories against the Badgers. One of my favorite all time UND-Bucky games happened at the Final Five a few years back. Wisconsin had dominated UND that year at the Ralph, and they went on to win the national championship when it was all said and done. Bucky went ahead quickly 2-0 in the first period and everyone was talking about who UND was going to play in the third place game. UND got two late first period goals and got two in the second and completely in the head of one Robert Earl, who was flagged for unsportsmanlike diving that game.

UND won 4-3, won the final five the next night. But tremendous win for UND that day.

Positive heading into Friday...6 penalty minutes/game in our 5 playoff games vs 14+ during the regular season.

Less PK the better. IMO this team gains momentum the longer they are able to play 5x5. Guess no PPs too then.