SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FACEOFF - Sioux vs Miami Friday

AZSIOUX

NO Troll about it - Hope the SIOUX lose - always - most overrated program in the Country in recent history - NO Championships since 2000 with as much talent as anybody?? - Is it Coaching, because we know it's not the RALPH???

That's it Scared - actually We'd HOPE that you do stay alive and DON'T exit early so we can have the pleasure of getting your GOLF Season started early - Good Luck this Weekend and stay alive so WE can end it!!

Speaking of ending seasons, here's how the last few of those have gone:

2011-12: Minnesota ends North Dakota's season with a 5-2 victory in the NCAA West Regional Final.

2009-10: North Dakota ends Minnesota's season with a 6-0, 2-4, 4-1 victory in the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

2006-07: North Dakota ends Minnesota's season with a 3-2 (OT) victory in the NCAA West Regional Final.

2004-05: North Dakota ends Minnesota's season with a 4-2 victory in the NCAA Frozen Four Semifinals.

2001-02: Minnesota ends North Dakota's season with a 7-2, 4-3 (OT) victory in the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

In 2002 and 2003, Minnesota won national titles. Two and three years after UND's last championship (2000).

So Minnesota has no championships in the last ten years with as much talent as anybody? I'm not sure you can play the "haven't won the big one lately" card much longer since all of the titles in question are from a decade ago.

I'd say the two are closer than you'd like to believe. (full disclosure: If Minnesota and North Dakota play this year, I think Minnesota wins 7 out of 10 times - but I'd still love to see it!)

Dave

Speaking of ending seasons, here's how the last few of those have gone:

2011-12: Minnesota ends North Dakota's season with a 5-2 victory in the NCAA West Regional Final.

2009-10: North Dakota ends Minnesota's season with a 6-0, 2-4, 4-1 victory in the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

2006-07: North Dakota ends Minnesota's season with a 3-2 (OT) victory in the NCAA West Regional Final.

2004-05: North Dakota ends Minnesota's season with a 4-2 victory in the NCAA Frozen Four Semifinals.

2001-02: Minnesota ends North Dakota's season with a 7-2, 4-3 (OT) victory in the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

In 2002 and 2003, Minnesota won national titles. Two and three years after UND's last championship (2000).

So Minnesota has no championships in the last ten years with as much talent as anybody? I'm not sure you can play the "haven't won the big one lately" card much longer since all of the titles in question are from a decade ago.

I'd say the two are closer than you'd like to believe. (full disclosure: If Minnesota and North Dakota play this year, I think Minnesota wins 7 out of 10 times - but I'd still love to see it!)

Dave

That's a big "if". Remember they would have already played this season if it weren't for the sissy Minnesota calls their coach.

I think Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan are all better teams than SCSU your league champ.

Of Course you do. Yep, Minnesota is a good team, but they're also primed for the picking in the NCAA tourney. You mean the same Michigan that split with UNO and lost to WMU? The same Dominant Wisconsin that split with Miami and UAA.

Mods, can you go ahead and end this before it gets worse?

Oh my God, it looks like someone forgot to take his medication this week. What a buffoon.

Kick us when we are Down!

Karma sux

Let me guess he's related to you? :)

Marriuci or I'll call him the toilet cause I can spell that ...but to be fair has posted here for a long time - I don't know him so I can't say I respect him - but I do respect many of you that he is baiting you (that i do respect)into a subject most of us are no longer interested in- the days are over & I blame them & $$$ for their bail out of a wonderful thing - just make him go down his hole before he becomes the varmit/ rodents they all are

This post is so wrong. The NCHC hasn't yet even come close to becoming the conference you fans thought it would. The NCHC has depth but not the Big Ten you say? CC's pairwise is one spot ahead of Penn State FYI. EVERY Big Ten school has a SOS that's top 15 in the country while the NCHC has 2. Don't even try to compare which is the better conference because right now it'e not even close. I think Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan are all better teams than SCSU your league champ.

Whether or not Mariucci has been a troll in the past, he makes some fair statements here. The NCHC has disappointed nearly all of us, and the OC record has been embarrassing. Miami has been very disappointing, and who would think neither Colorado team would make any noise? I don't think Michigan is as good a hockey team as SCSU, but I do think Wisconsin and UMinn are better at this point.

But one thing has not changed--you never know how things will go from here on out. Still possible to add number 8.

Exactly...soft schedule.

I would love a non-bias numbers guy explain to a not so much numbers guy how in the world the goofs have such a high SOS rating? And how does the big6 have a high SOS rating?

Can't say I understand that one, and I'm not looking through my green glasses either?

I would love a non-bias numbers guy explain to a not so much numbers guy how in the world the goofs have such a high SOS rating? And how does the big6 have a high SOS rating?

Can't say I understand that one, and I'm not looking through my green glasses either?

I can't figure it out either. Duluth has beat mn, uno has beat Wisconsin, everyone has beat michigan. Another shocker is why Mankato state is so high, Duluth and scsu handled them...who have they beat?

I can't figure it out either. Duluth has beat mn, uno has beat Wisconsin, everyone has beat michigan. Another shocker is why Mankato state is so high, Duluth and scsu handled them...who have they beat?

non-conference wins- Minn only lost 2 non-conference games...splits with Notre Dame and Duluth

To me it was the timing of his initial post. It was literally right after we had won Sunday night. He new UND fans were excited about the victory (even though the team played poorly) and he decided to post something negative (that many of us were thinking anyway). The timing wasn't very classy if you ask me. I would never post something on GPL after the gopher loss to Michigan Saturday night attempting to piss people off. Had he waited a day or two to chime in I wouldn't have cared....I simply understood what he was trying to do, it was very obvious. Typically his posts aren't bad though.

Concur. I'm also mafiaman on GPL and have 40some posts over there. Every time I've said ANYTHING, including putting a post looking for tickets a few years ago, I have absolutely been SKEWERED by Gopher fans on the site. The comment that really got me was a "fan" who sent me a message saying he'd sooner p*ss in my dead skull before he'd sell a Sioux fan a ticket was pretty much the last time I've been active over there, save for a recent Olympic post.

Mariucci, GFG, sagard, and other Gopher fans have it pretty good over here, by comparison.

Concur. I'm also mafiaman on GPL and have 40some posts over there. Every time I've said ANYTHING, including putting a post looking for tickets a few years ago, I have absolutely been SKEWERED by Gopher fans on the site. The comment that really got me was a "fan" who sent me a message saying he'd sooner p*ss in my dead skull before he'd sell a Sioux fan a ticket was pretty much the last time I've been active over there, save for a recent Olympic post.

Mariucci, GFG, sagard, and other Gopher fans have it pretty good over here, by comparison.

All class right there. Who says stuff like that to people?

Ferris State? I'm pretty sure they were ranked pretty high at one point, so that may have had a lot to do with it.

Yes, they played Penn State and Michigan State four times each, but beyond that, I don't know how you can question their schedule with Notre Dame, Duluth, St. Cloud, and Boston College, and Mankato is not a bad team.

non-conference wins- Minn only lost 2 non-conference games...splits with Notre Dame and Duluth

I get MN....although they have a soft schedule, relatively speaking, they do only have 4-5 losses all year. They deserve #1 in my opinion. Mich and Mank state confuse me.

Yes, they played Penn State and Michigan State four times each, but beyond that, I don't know how you can question their schedule with Notre Dame, Duluth, St. Cloud, and Boston College, and Mankato is not a bad team.

and your point??? they split with ND and Duluth, they only played SCSU 1 once and Miami just rolled them, I have already stated that in a prvious post that their BC sweep in the only legit contest in their squishy schedule. so your claiming that because they swept Mankato they should be ranked 1 in the country??? if that's what you believe I will give you that, good job you swept Mankato, just say that out loud to yourself a few times and get back to me on that one