SiouxSports.com Forum

What's it going to take to hang #8?

yababy8

everyone is trying to make the argument that there is so much parity since the Sioux last won one

im just arguing against it with FACTS

Here's a couple of facts for you, gfhockey...

BC has won 4 of the last 14 titles, but EIGHT different schools have won the remaining TEN titles

FIVE DIFFERENT schools from ONE CONFERENCE have at least one title during that 14 year span

If that's not parity, I don't know what is.

Here's another good one, gfhockey...

in the last 10 years, BC has won 3 NCAA titles...in the 7 years that BC did not win the title, 6 different teams have won titles.

Throw out BC...and I give you...that nasty word again...parity.

EDIT: 6 different teams, not 7.

Edited by MafiaMan

in the last 10 years, BC has won 3 NCAA titles...in the 7 years that BC did not win the title, 6 different teams have won titles.

EDIT: 6 different teams, not 7.

All he's going to read in that is the word party.

• Upvote 1

in the last 10 years, BC has won 3 NCAA titles...in the 7 years that BC did not win the title, 7 different teams have won titles.

From how many different conferences? Last year's Yale win is going to screw me here.

All good arguments...I'd like to add one:

4. gfhockey being named extra-special associate head coach. Let's face it...his keen insight of the game and clear knowledge of how to win championships, along with his ability to relate to the young players by teaching them the basics of jager bombs and keg stands, is what we need to put this team over the top.

Might not be all that bad of an idea as he might be the missing ingredient that adds that emotional fire to the equation. Although I'm not sure how it would work when they deny him access to the bus?

Skill, luck, some good leadership by upper classmen, in some cases some favorable opportunities such as BC playing regionals in their backyard and Minnesota playing a Frozen 4 in their home town. Some of the same reasons that UND has won titles in the past.

You named 3 other schools that belong in the same elite college hockey group as UND (along with Michigan and maybe Wisconsin). UND has won multiple titles in a relatively short period of time 3 times. 1959 and 63; 80, 82 and 87; 97 and 2000. Denver did it in 58, 60, and 61; 68 and 69; 04 and 05. Minnesota did it 74, 76, and 79; 02 and 03. BC did it in 08, 10 and 12. Michigan did it multiple times in the 50's along with 96 and 98. Other schools like Wisconsin and Lake Superior State have also won multiple titles in short periods. This tells me that when a team wins a title there is a pretty good chance of winning another pretty quickly. That's how Minnesota, Denver and BC won more than 1 in a short time. UND's turn will come again.

iftheres so much parity

hows gopher have 2 nattys since Sioux last won one

hows du have 2 nattys since since last won one

between bc and those 2 that's 6 nattys in 13 years or almost 50 ^

some parity that is

you lose

I win AGAIN

You must have missed my post about the tendency of quality teams to win multiple titles in a short period of time. It is consistent through all of college hockey history. It happens even in periods of parity. Probably something about teams with good players and experience in big games. But don't let facts and history get in your way.

iftheres so much parity

hows gopher have 2 nattys since Sioux last won one

hows du have 2 nattys since since last won one

between bc and those 2 that's 6 nattys in 13 years or almost 50 ^

some parity that is

you lose

I win AGAIN

we lose what? just go away, you bring nothing to the table but babbling garbage.

Ok here is another angle to discuss; line combo's.

In years past I have thrown out my opinions regarding line combinations. This year I have not done it at all, except on a coupe of occasions to suggest a couple of times people I feel should not be in the line-up. I just haven't had strong opinions about it like in the past. I have also noticed a pretty significant reduction of line combo suggestions from others on the forum this year as well.

I do think the coaching staff has done a very good job of getting good lines together as the year has gone on. I actually would say it might be one of the better jobs they have done in the Hak era.

Having said this I do think about a switch on the right wing that might be fruitful; Move Rodwell to the Grimaldi line and Johnson to the energy line. Why?

Because, I think Rodwell will be a little better at finishing hence we will generate more scoring with Grimaldi and the General working with him. I'm not saying I don't like Johnson but you can definitely see him kind of skate through the play a bit. The game is not clear(slow) to him down in close yet. Johnson is a great puck mover and very strong on his skates, he plays on his edges well so I don't think our energy line will miss a single beat with him on it.

Rodwell is the most improved player on our team right now. He is reminding me of a Porter type of senior(ahh, had to watch the goal. It never gets old!

)

So if Hak wins one this year does that mean York or Lucia should get fired since they have the best teams and can't bring one home? Or is Lucia still living on the pair he won over a decade ago? Just asking questions.

2002 and 2003 titles be damned...Lucia still needs a pair.

• Upvote 1

So if Hak wins one this year does that mean York or Lucia should get fired since they have the best teams and can't bring one home? Or is Lucia still living on the pair he won over a decade ago? Just asking questions.

Just using your question to make what point? Everyone knows the answer to this - York is golden - he has BC doing what we used to do. Was there any fire Blais talk? TDon has been on the hot seat in Minneapolis even after two Nattys - its been in all of the papers. Another failure would add fuel to the fire.

Maybe i just demand too much out of my gavorie team

I used to gf hockey winning state titles to much

Now there's a fair comparison - from this point forward, all NCAA regionals involving UND will be played at REA. This will be followed by the Frozen Four, which will also be played at REA.

Give me 10 years of that and instead of you lobbying for Hakstol to be canned on a weekly hourly basis around here, you'll be spear-heading an effort to build a statue of him out in front of the arena.

can we not have a thread turn into a fire hak or hak should be replaced thread because he hasn't won a natty. there are already several of those.

Good point.

I'll offer one up...can we have Grand Forks, Fargo, and maybe even the Bismarck Civic Center make an effort to consistently host NCAA men's regional hockey tournaments?

Good point.

I'll offer one up...can we have Grand Forks, Fargo, and maybe even the Bismarck Civic Center make an effort to consistently host NCAA men's regional hockey tournaments?

I'm a big Bismarck civic center guy... Unbelievably pissed they don't have state B there anymore. Is the floor big enough for ice?

I'm a big Bismarck civic center guy... Unbelievably pissed they don't have state B there anymore. Is the floor big enough for ice?

Hockey doesn't really work there, Bismarck Bulls played there when the Bismarck Express\Bismarck Bullets played at the VFW All Seasons Arena. The Bismarck Bobcats started there then moved to the VFW Sports Center(All Seasons Arena).