SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

This offer was made in early August but I don't think it has been mentioned here:

Donnell Rodgers, 6'1", 210, 4.6, St. Paul (Woodbury), MN

Different sources have him recruited as a RB or LB.  I would guess we are looking at him as a LB but I am not sure.   

Welcome to the board!  Thanks for the info on Tristyn.  Based on your name, you must be from Lakeville.  What else can you tell us about either Engwall or Hanson?  Hanson has a couple of other offers - is he leaning one way or the other yet? 

I am from Lakeville and I know both Hanson and Engwall a bit. Tristyn is a great all-around athlete who just keeps getting better. Top 5 wrestler in the state and very disciplined. In addition to his OLB position, he's also going to see action at the tailback spot in certain situations. Fast and strong - just a great athlete and a real leader on his team. I don't know which way he's leaning - offers from Air Force and Illinois State in addition to UND. He was really impressed with the UND coaching staff.

Engwall is also a two-sport athlete, and got significant minutes as a forward on Lakeville's state championship basketball team. At 6'4" he's never the tallest on the floor, but his strength and leaping ability make him a force on the boards, and he has quick feet in the lane. He's extremely competitive and won't back down. As a DEnd he's only going to get better as he gets stronger and continues to work on technique. I'd love to see them play together for Bubba.

I am from Lakeville and I know both Hanson and Engwall a bit. Tristyn is a great all-around athlete who just keeps getting better. Top 5 wrestler in the state and very disciplined. In addition to his OLB position, he's also going to see action at the tailback spot in certain situations. Fast and strong - just a great athlete and a real leader on his team. I don't know which way he's leaning - offers from Air Force and Illinois State in addition to UND. He was really impressed with the UND coaching staff.

Engwall is also a two-sport athlete, and got significant minutes as a forward on Lakeville's state championship basketball team. At 6'4" he's never the tallest on the floor, but his strength and leaping ability make him a force on the boards, and he has quick feet in the lane. He's extremely competitive and won't back down. As a DEnd he's only going to get better as he gets stronger and continues to work on technique. I'd love to see them play together for Bubba.

Thanks for the insight - it sounds like they are a couple of very talented kids!

Please continue to post - any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Mason Bennett is another great pickup for the Sioux. It has been awhile since we have had 7 early commits and this kid is a " blue chipper". Grady from Newtown is another one and they both had offers from one of the better FCS teams. This is already forming up as an excellent recruiting class.

I remember someone stating recruiting as a weakness of Bubba.... Looks more than fine to me. Keep getting more athletic big kids for the lines and we need one or two taller receivers. Poor mans Golladay types, it'll probably be years before we get lucky with another WR like him....

Side note, wow is he quick for big kid. Tons of frame left too.

I remember someone stating recruiting as a weakness of Bubba.... Looks more than fine to me. Keep getting more athletic big kids for the lines and we need one or two taller receivers. Poor mans Golladay types, it'll probably be years before we get lucky with another WR like him....

Side note, wow is he quick for big kid. Tons of frame left too.

Speaking of Golladay, Northern Illinois had 19 completions spread among 8 receivers in their first game and Golladay had none of the receptions.  Wonder if he's injured or just didn't play.  Hard to believe he's not one of their 8 best receivers.

Speaking of Golladay, Northern Illinois had 19 completions spread among 8 receivers in their first game and Golladay had none of the receptions.  Wonder if he's injured or just didn't play.  Hard to believe he's not one of their 8 best receivers.

Ineligible to play.  Had to sit out a year because he moved UP a level.  

Quick update on the twin RBs down in Florida (native Grand Forkers):

Coming off matching 8-2 2013 records, TAVERNIER CORAL SHORES hosted SFC rival CORAL SPRINGS CHARTER Friday night and emerged with a thrilling 33-28 victory. The dynamic duo of George and Henry Jacobsen rushed for 286 combined yards on just 32 carries and scored two TDs apiece. Game highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1684157/highlights/160800294

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1684156/highlights/160813050

In their last 10 games, they have amassed 2,416 rushing yards on only 223 carries (10.83 YPC) while reaching paydirt 21 times. George and Henry have recorded 4.46/4.57 40s and 10.89/11.09 100s. As physical OLBs, they also find great pleasure in punishing opposing ball carriers and receivers. Returning kickoffs is yet another weapon in their arsenal.

They lived just west of the UND campus until 2010 and would be honored to return to Grand Forks as scholar/athletes.

GEORGE-JACOBSEN150X220-3-22-14.JPGHENRY-JACOBSEN150X220-3-22-14.JPG

I'm impressed with the twins but I'm wondering if they would need to play defense or maybe one on offense and one defense. Depends on where they have Santiago slated as I believe Oliviera will be a RB. Pigskinner, do you know how much contact there has been between UND and the boys? And what level of interest UND has?

Every year that Minnesota has success it will, your biggest help in these prized recruits was Minnesota wetting themselves every year.

This is a very good point.  Tim Brewster was the best thing to happen to FU and Craig Bohl.  With Jerry Kill in charge of the Rodents, that gravy train will pretty much stop.