SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

It was touched on briefly last night that Jeremy Webb lives with his brother in Chicago who plays for the Bears.  Chicago Sun Times had a really good article on the situation a while back, it is worth a read.  Apparently Webb didn't play football his sophomore or junior year.  Seems like he knows what his goals are and living with his brother helps him realize the work it takes to achieve them.

Edit: Didn't realize bang had posted the article a while back, must have missed it.

• Upvote 1

It was touched on briefly last night that Jeremy Webb lives with his brother in Chicago who plays for the Bears.  Chicago Sun Times had a really good article on the situation a while back, it is worth a read.  Apparently Webb didn't play football his sophomore or junior year.  Seems like he knows what his goals are and living with his brother helps him realize the work it takes to achieve them.  Worth a read.

From what I heard his old school in FL didn't do him any favors either.  Stevenson is a much better school.

From what I heard his old school in FL didn't do him any favors either.  Stevenson is a much better school.

Stevenson's pic from their signing day had football players signing w/ some pretty prestigious universities... Univ of Chicago, Northwestern & Columbia.  Along w/ players signing at Eastern Mich, Northern Mich & UND.  Plus, Stevenson won the 2014 8A (highest-class) Illinois State Championship & was ranked in top 50 HS teams by Max Preps.  Some talented, smart kids coming out of there.

It was touched on briefly last night that Jeremy Webb lives with his brother in Chicago who plays for the Bears.  Chicago Sun Times had a really good article on the situation a while back, it is worth a read.  Apparently Webb didn't play football his sophomore or junior year.  Seems like he knows what his goals are and living with his brother helps him realize the work it takes to achieve them.

When I read that article a while back, it just came across as a kid having a real solid head on his shoulders and will understand the work it takes to succeed.  Whether he signed at UND or elsewhere, after reading that you just wanted the kid to get an opportunity.

I'm not sure if the playback speed of some of these Hudl clips is off or not, but I timed Elijah running from the 30 to the 30 on that 101 yd INT return. 4.74 seconds. In full pads.

Granted that's with a running start but his hudl page has his 40 time listed at 5.06.  I'm sure there's some wiggle in there, but not all that far off from what you got taking into the account its not from a standstill.

I'm not sure if the playback speed of some of these Hudl clips is off or not, but I timed Elijah running from the 30 to the 30 on that 101 yd INT return. 4.74 seconds. In full pads.

The better measure (and it's not straight line) would be from the interception point (standing start) to the 40. Maybe to the 35 to allow for the indirect path. 

If Grady proves to be as good as advertised in Fall Camp, there's no way Bubba can't pull his redshirt can he? Kid has way to much talent and wee need O lineman that can establish our run game.

Bubba has said multiple times, best kids at each position will play regardless of what class they are in. If any true freshman proves he can play, he will.

If Grady proves to be as good as advertised in Fall Camp, Bubba's got to pull his redshirt, doesn't he? Kid has way to much talent and we need O lineman that can establish our run game.

Not too complicated; if Grady is one of the 5 best offensive linemen in fall camp, he'll play.

The sky is the limit for Grady, but one has to understand the jump he's making from ND 9-man to FCS football. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him redshirt.

Not too complicated; if Grady is one of the 5 best offensive linemen in fall camp, he'll play.

The sky is the limit for Grady, but one has to understand the jump he's making from ND 9-man to FCS football. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him redshirt.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised eather way.  The kid deffinitely has some talent.  Gonna be exciting seeing him develop and our run game start to dominate the Big Sky!

Merz Grady Rooney and Williams all have the ability to play right away. It will just come down to them being ready. We also need to remember that Anderson Francis Miller Stockwell Bell Camy and Steiner will be playing. There are also a few others that will be fighting for time. So IF any OL gets their shirt pulled, look out, they are going to be something special.